Trade for Jim Harbaugh??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well Boyz, what do y'all think?

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2014...ets-to-inquire-about-trading-for-jim-harbaugh

Great if it doesn't costs us our Top 5 Pick. I don't think Woody would roll the dice on this anyway. Way too much risk. The other issue would be how much control would Harbaugh have. Would Idzik become our cap guy like he should have been day one?

There's also the rumor that Harbaugh's wife wants to stay out west so there's that to consider as well. I don't see this happening unless all the stars align and the moon is in aquarius.

I would let the drama play out in Frisco and see what shakes out. If Frisco fires Harbaugh, we go all in AFTER the organizational questions are answered and not before. Woody? Enough with the Circus already.

#1 Cman68, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You can find thousands of Idzik's if you wanted to, but not a lot of Harbaugh's out there. Clean house, get a GM that can work with Harbaugh. draft Mariota and see what happens.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You make a great point Brook. With Harbaugh, the GM job becomes much more appealing. It would also show the fanbase that the Franchise is turning the corner.

slimjasi and TNJet like this.
  4. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

I would like to know EXACTLY what the hoo-har is within the locker room before any trigger is pulled.

5. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

Better check with Harbaugh's wife...it's why he had to stay in Cali.

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but a GMs job is all about figures and getting the HC the pieces he needs to be as competitive as possible? WHY do we have to recruit from the football world, get down to Wall St and recruit some hotshot, it really can't be thavt hard can it??

7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I heard your owner would love to bring him to Miami. How is the situation over there? Any love for Philbin or is he gone if he doesn't make the playoffs?

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

pull the trigger.

throw them a 3rd round pick for him.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I have stated this is my goal of the off-season, and I'm sticking to that. I'm trying to not get too excited, but what else do we have?

10. NotSatoshiNakamoto

as an aside, as much as I want Rex gone it's pretty shitty how they're treating him IMO. just fire him already and let MM mop up the season.

FJF and Brook! like this.
  11. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Though I wouldn't want to trade for him, you have to admit that in six months if we have both Harbaugh and Mariota it'll be a pretty exciting time to be a Jets fan.

nevbeats319, cgrec and TNJet like this.
  12. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

I think we do not need this personality on the team considering all the issues at hand. This is a winning coach who has worn out his welcome with management and his players despite having tremendously successful seasons. There is a country club atmosphere in the Jets locker room and going 180 degree in the opposite direction may be way too extreme. I think discipline is a key ingredient missing with the Jets, but Harbaugh's abrasive personality and sideline antics (which clearly pisses off the officials) are what may well keep us in the present circus atmosphere.
    Why is it that this team seems to focus on players past their prime and that our past 3 head coaches who are their own carnival side acts in mannerisms and personality? Would it be too much to ask to just bring in a sane and well balanced football individual whose time has come to be a head coach and let him rebuild this shambles of a franchise in the proper manner? Someone who is about coaching players, breeding success, and keeping himself out of the spotlight - bringing an air of professionalism and respect to the press room, the locker room, and the sidelines. This is really the only way we are going to take the right step to return to being relevant in the NFL again.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

If he's likely out , how high of a pick would we have to give up? I dont love the idea of giving up any kind of picks for a guy thats been known to be out since before Week 1.

Im split on Harbaugh but it could be better to go down that road then the road of the unknown.

Nowhere near as high on him as some.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I really don't give a damn about extremes. Too bad so sad for the players. If they don't like it, they should have played better. Bring the guy in at all costs. Otherwise we can just keep being a pathetic laughing stock.

jetsclaps and JetsNation06 like this.
  15. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I've been pushing the hire Harbaugh mantra since last offseason. Do whatever it takes to get him in here. If it takes a 2nd rounder to get him, then so be it. The guy is a proven winner and builder. This is Woody's chance to turn this franchise around. Probably the one golden opportunity he'll ever have to get one of the best HC's in the business. Don't screw this one up, Woody.

NYJalltheway and JetsVilma28 like this.
  16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Word is he wants to stay on the west coast which could mean he signs with an organization even worse than us: the Raiders. And a good chance that UMich fires Brady Hoke. They have little patience for losing there. They fired Rich Rod whose team could go to the Rose Bowl this year. I wouldn't give up anything for him!

#16 pclfan, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Pocket Jet likes this.
  17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Harbaugh would be a nice seasoned coach conditioned for the elements that are the New York media. He is a Qb guy, maybe we can actually develop some offense here. I'm pretty dark these days on most all Jets moves, but I'm not against this one. He has to be given ultimate control as a head coach should have on all facets of how the team functions, who plays, who doesn't, how the team runs from a functional standpoint.

18. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

Yes. Bring him. We need his success. He made Kapernick and Alex Smith relevant. I want an offensive coach.

19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Jim Harbaugh gets us on the fastest track possible for being a SB contender again. I really hope we land him. I'd rather see him get fired and have Woody open up the check book to him then trade a top pick. I would not be excited about giving up a 2nd for him..lots of talent in that 33-40 range.

Bill Belichdouche likes this.
  20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'd do it for a 3rd. Not a first or second though.