Rex has known all season Idzik planned to fire him

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This organization is a mess if Idzik's plan was truly to sabotage Rex to bring in his own coach. It seems too childish to hold any weight and it will most likely never come out, but if it does then Idzik should be fired immediately. That type of person is not the type you want within your organization.

3. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Kinda sounds like a made up article but if it holds any ounce of truth I hope Rex smashes Idzik in the media for the final 5 weeks of his Jets coaching career.

Any outsider from another teams front office can see what the problem is here. Rex will find a job in an instant..Idzik wont. And nothing he could say from here on out would change that.

4. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Get Idzik the fuck outta here man

GoldenShowers, FlaJet and chris5533 like this.
  5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yep fire Idzik. If he really held onto 20 million to inentionally sabotage Ryan, I mean holy shit? thats insanity. I still dont believe its true, its to crazy to be true, but my god if it is......

Lets start over; New GM, New Head Coach, New QB........it will be the biggest change since god knows when. Might as well change the jerseys to while we are at it......

FlaJet likes this.
  6. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Eh, sounds like a typical Rex fluff piece to me. It's essentially an emboldened version of the "poor Rex" narrative that the collective national sports media has been proliferating for a good 5 weeks now. I'm not buying it.

JetsNation06, APK 8, FJF and 3 others like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Where there is smoke there is fire.

I said it before and will say it again. Rex will be the logical escape goat in an organization run by morons from the ownership down.
    We will now be lead by a leadership team completely devoid of any football knowledge what's so ever.
    Ryan felt short as a HC, no doubt. He was naive and outspoken and in many areas over his head. What he needed was a senior GM that helped him and tutor him while giving him the talent to be successful. After all ,like it or not he knows football. Instead he got shit and a bunch of losers selected by money and political motivations to sell tickets.

So Idzik now gets to select a HC with the same insight he selected the draft team. LOL

Do we really think anyone worth his salt as a HC would come to the Jets?

Not until the leadership and ownership changes.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's the sad part. This team has been a circus for the past few years dating back to Tebow and despite the Idzik billboards message it makes this far from an attractive job specifically for general managers.

Head coach is less worrisome as there are only 32 head coaching jobs I'm the NFL. We are certainly not a very attractive place in comparison to San Francisco and Atlanta. That's only two teams and means we're already only the third most desirable job off the top of my head. I could very well see Rex going to Atlanta and flourishing because there is already an offense in place there.

irishwhip03 likes this.
  9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I totally don't believe that story. I've seen Idzik and Rex together many times and they seem to be on a friendly basis. Idzik doesn't impress me as a snake in the grass. Plus he seemed to be genuinely happy when the Jets won games. So unless he's a great actor and the ultimate phony I think he wanted to win this season with Rex. And didn't try to lose games on purpose to get Rex fired. Plus I'm sure Idzik who buttons his lip at all times isn't going to be shooting off his mouth like that. Esp when his owner likes Rex.

10. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Kinda 50/50 on this. I don't think Rex would have waited this long to say this. We all know rex isn't holding his tongue for shit... I never sensed the " i know I'm going to be fired" attitude. In fact, we've seen rex in support of Idzik especially thru the billboard bullshit. However, that could be Rex just kissing ass because he knows his fate... i just cant picture Rex kissing anybodies ass. Anyway... if this is true.. i hate idzik. Don't treat my boy Rex like that. Be a damn man.. you little whimp. Giving him a shitty team out of spite is petty and childish. This isn't some back yard game this is NFL football people spend money to see their team win, not to go through some little soap opera petty BS this isn't a reality show. Make your business decision, be a man, and move on...

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It certainly looks plausible. Idzik did absolutely nothing to field a competitive team besides signing a #2 WR and then signed Harvin once we were a lock for utter failure. None of his other signings make sense.

Either he sabotaged Rex Ryan, which is ridiculous and should be fired if true, or he's grossly incompetent, which he should be fired for.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I've seen this kind of misinformation and these kind of leaks about Rex before. I'm not saying he's responsible for this story but I wouldn't be too surprised if he's behind the whole thing. Rex is a survivor first and foremost and he's got a lot of friends esp in the press.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Idzik needs to go asap

14. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

BULLSHIT.

that makes zero sense. don't fall for pot stirring BS like this.

matt robinson 17 and Red Menace like this.
  15. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

Crazy if this is true. "This isn't the California Penal League." If it is true then Idzik needs to go ASAP but I don't see how Woody would not get wind of this and get involved. It is an easy article to write considering the state of the team going into the season; DB's, WR's, O-line, cap space, etc. Even easier to write at 2-9 but the guy put his name on it which takes guts, so maybe it is true. I hope not because this means more problems/issues than this team needs.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How can you be so sure this is misinformation?

17. TonyMaC

oh, well THIS would make more sense.

[​IMG]Joe Caporoso @TurnOnTheJets · 5h5 hours ago
    This is the most predictable article scripted by Rex's agent imaginable. Zzzz: http://nypost.com/2014/11/25/rex-has-known-all-season-idzik-planned-to-fire-him-source/…

View summary

yeah, I believe THAT more than a GM sabotaging his HC.

I won't even say that he COULDN'T have contemplated moving on without obvious signs of growth, but not signing players to HURT his team would only result in HIS as being let go.

Ji has his reasons for not using all cap space, rollover being a big one, noncommittal tendencies for better WORSE being another. no conspiracies needed just policy that lead to lackluster results in 2014, plain and simple.

how did drafting a Rex type safety in round one sabotage him? how did drafting THREE defensive players in the first sabotage rex?

this is pure bullshit.

Red Menace likes this.
  18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Even if you could believe Idzik had done this intentionally, who can actually believe that he would have been dumb enough to reveal his master plan to coaches and scouts on other teams? That just beggars belief.

Bullshit story, pure and simple.

19. TonyMaC

I find that the best conspiracy theories (and by best I mean most hilariously stupid) come with the thought that the person or people in question are both cunning and bafflingly stupid at the same time.

"see I'm gonna keep talent away from thus football team so it'll make the coach look bad, and make me look bad too because my job is to add talent to the team…. wait…whatever, anyway I'm telling guys this because my plan is so full proof it doesn't even matter!… I guess…."

"The report said that twice this season, AFC coaches have mentioned to him that they would be happy if the Jets fire him – not out of disrespect, but because they would rather not have to coach against his teams."

wow, that just sounds like fluff piece for rex. Okay all aboard the much simpler explanation that this was sent out by Rex's camp to make him look better in all of this.

20. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

If Idzik wanted to fire Rex he would have done it last season after an 8-8 year instead of extending him.

Then you're telling me Isldzik tanked this season even though it puts his job in jeopardy too?

And by all indications Idzik and Rex are really good friends.

Anyone who believes that article is flat out stupid.