Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. jack handy

jack handy Member

OK and Sanchez may be the worst ever who cant wash the mans jock. My point is that the situation has only gotten worse at QB since he left here and posters should wait out a couple of games before blaming the player instead of the mess that is Jets offensive football.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I once saw Mark Sanchez eating an extra large pizza in the huddle.

This fucking thread is ridiculous from both sides.

The first game and a half proved nothing in terms of him turning the corner, and this Packers game proved nothing about him being the same player he was with the Jets. Mark Sanchez has never had consistency in his game. That's the closest proof.

Another thing this thread proved is that people on this forum have agenda.

alleycat9 and BeastBeach like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I only saw part of Eagles @ GB...(Fox had the sense to switch over to a "more competitive" game)...but Sanchez still looked better than Geno.

Just about every qb looks bad next to Rodgers at this point.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Clearly Irony is as lost on you as comprehension is.

That quote has zero to do with preparedness.....And the book is replete with instances of him doing the job in preparation, as well as Cro repeatedly pointing out how deficient the Jets offense was compared to the ones Cro would be studying on film.

Notably that most decent OC's put all their receivers in the QB's line of sight at decision time.

"We don't do that for Mark"
    "why don't you go talk to the offense?"

"Nope. They wouldn't listen anyways'

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Well put.

He's still better than anyone we have on the roster.

6. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Since when is Cro the pundit and someone who should be quoted. And we should change the title of this thread to : Sanchez getting his ass kicked in Philly (again)

#2306 pclfan, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're one of the people in the last sentence.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he did put up garbage time pts and also had garbage time TOs. his TDs and the TOs were all in garbage time but it's funny how to you guys the TDs were but not the TOs.

McCoy is having a terrible year.

they ran into a buzzsaw, that O will be just fine.

not whiny Jet fans, 2 really good games and it's "wait and see", 1 bad game and "he sucks!".

the funny thing is these people actually believe Mark was the main culprit for the loss.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't know what the other guys are saying but I'm personally not killing him for having one bad game. When the entire team played poorly. He certainly didn't help their cause turning the ball over again. He did make some very good plays and led drives. Not all of his passing stats were in garbage time. Sure Mark loves Chip's offense because it's passer driven. Can Chip adjust based on his talent or lack of talent at the Qb position. That remains to be seen. He expects Mark to be able to run his offense. Which can be dynamic if you have the right players. As for McCoy. There is no comparison between him and Sanchez to my way of seeing things. I would base the offense around him and Sproles. I'm not even sure Foles is the right Qb for this system.

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. nyjunc

he wasn't bad in the 1st half, he turned it over in garbage time and struggled then. he did not have a good game, to say he sucks and he was the culprit just isn't being fair.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'll say it and I'll say it again. Mark has some talent. But he'll never be a full service Qb. He can't read defenses and takes too many chances. Esp. when he's on a roll. When he has too much confidence he thinks he can rule the world. D players can easily read him, too. They will sit back, bide their time and them come in for the kill. Mark can run a simplified base offense. A ground and pound. I would never allow him to throw inside the red zone. It's too congested and he isn't accurate enough.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

From what I saw (Fox went to another game) I'd have to agree.

But as mentioned, Sanchez has the opportunity right now to re-define his NFL career from here on.

Turnovers and sloppy play (garbage time or not) will just satiate the Sanchez Sucks Society.

13. nyjunc

I don't buy that, if it was so easy to read we never win 4 road playoff games 2 of which were vastly superior teams on paper.

he is not great, has never been great and never will be great but he is good enough to win big with.

14. nyjunc

we'll see what he does, my guess is Philly wins the division and has a chance come January but we'll see. GB and NE are on a different level right now so it's hard to bash anyone getting humiliated by them.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sanchez has proven he can step up in the playoffs.

It's funny I'm rooting for him as an Eagle. What's not funny is our season is shot.

I know I'll be lying on my death bed as the Jets come out of the tunnel for Super Bowl MMXXV and a nurse will trip over the plug keeping me alive.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

point taken, but Peyton gets the benefit of the doubt because of his illustrious, all-time great career. Mark Sanchez was cut by the team that drafted him and relegated to the backup role by the team that subsequently signed him. He is getting his second chance to perform as a starting quarterback because of an injury. It's apples and oranges.

The truth is that the Mark fanboys on this message board were blowing their wads way too prematurely after the Panthers game, and now, many of the Sanchez haters are doing the same. As I wrote last week, we'll see where we are with this Sanchez stuff in 7-10 weeks .

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

When Mark takes that extra chance he often gets burned. And there lies part of the problem. The other part is not being good at reading defenses. The only time he won here was when the Jets ran the ground and pound. He won 4 playoff games but lost the 2 most important ones. And that was 4 years ago.

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

That's kind of like saying Jack the Ripper was a better person than Ed Gein.
    :p

But seriously the Eagles spent most of the first half handing the ball off and keeping a good balance of run first pass second. But the fact is after Mark got knocked down a couple of time he started missing his passes an
    And a fumble 6 to boot

19. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Rams have a crappy record but their defense is pretty rock solid, especially their front 4 which is monsterous.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

And to think we had GB down 17-0 with Geno about to go for the kill shot to an open Sudfeld in the endzone except that Winters blew his block causing Geno to be hit in mid-throw and turning the pass into an underthrown duck that was picked....and then the fight, and that Kerley "time out" pass called back.......

what an e'ffin' year

:(