Sanchez Kicking Ass In Philly

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

he gave his team no chance, if only he would have put up 50+ points they would have had a chance!

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Idiots here named it headband camp. The guy tried hard to get the jet offense going with his teammates during the off season. Going out of his way to succeed. So your above statement is bullshit. You either forgot or just didn't know..

Ima usin Tapatalkie.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Yeah. One of the reasons for the 50 was the picks and the pick 6. Plus overthrowing open receivers. The Pack didn't even have that good of a pass rush. Mark had plenty of time to throw all day. Chip expected Sanchez to give them a chance to come back in a game they were behind in. Not to make things worse.

4. 74

74 Well-Known Member

He threw a pick 6 already? Lmao

alleycat9 likes this.
  5. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

To Julius Peppers. Right to him.

6. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I guess he only kicks ass in Philly, not on the road lol

legler82 likes this.
  7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Those fans will bury him. It won't be like here where everyone esp Rex kissed his ass. Remember that cheeseburger silliness at Hofstra. Won't happen there, they'll throw them at him if he continues to toss up lollipops.

8. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say I read CLC and my takeaway was that Sanchez was a bit of a goofball and while he was always prepared, he was not always focused on the game.

BeastBeach and TNJet like this.
  9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I own the book.

p.444 "Now they wanted him(Mark) to grow up. The real question seemed to be how to direct his whimsical personality to advantage on a field. Sanchez, i knew, felt the responsibility of their expectations, and yet he was who he was." " In the meeting, the urgent practical question had become how to accelerate the most important player's maturity in time to save him."

Reading comprehension, the lost art form.

10. nyjunc

the cheeseburger silliness was the DEFENSE not Mark.

they will love him b/c they will win.

11. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

You're right but Mark did eat a cheeseburger.

12. nyjunc

I think you are confusing that w/ eating the hot dog on the sideline of the Oak blowout.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Aikman once did the same thing. I don't know why people make a big deal out of it.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez led his team with 4 turnovers...He directly was a big part of those 50+ points the Packers was dropping on them.

Easily 14 points he gave to the Pack on 2 of the turnovers

15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sure if Mark plays well they'll love him. But if he plays like a Jet you know that won't happen.
    I might have been at that Hofsta practice with the cheeseburgers. I thought Mark had organized that stunt but you're right he didn't. I looked it up. He asked the guys for a cheeseburger. So I think he ate one too on the field.

#2295 pclfan, Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  16. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

"helped 'ruin' drives"...5 for 15 on 3rd down conversions. But here's the sad part, forget the incidental helmet contact for a moment and whether or not it was illegal...they were still sacks, by arguing that the non call on helmet contact was the reason for Sanchez and the EAgles failing is an argument against what you're tying to say, you're saying in order to be successful he needed the calls...it would be different if it had been a non call on a defensive hold or pass interference that would have been a first down had the receiver caught the ball, or maybe been a first down if the receiver caught the ball, it was still a sack....

Ralebird likes this.
  17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Mark Sanchez puts up garbage-time points
    by Chris Towers | CBSSports.com
    Eagles quarterback Mark Sanchez ended up with decent numbers, but his second start in Week 11 against the Packers was mostly a disaster Sunday.

Sanchez finished the game with 21 Fantasy points, but most of that came after the game was already out of reach. He tossed both of his touchdowns in the second half with the Eagles down 30-plus points, after tossing a pair of ugly interceptions in the first half. He ended up completing 26 of 44 passes for 346 yards in the blowout loss.

Sanchez looked solid in his first start, but looked like the Mark Sanchez of old Sunday. He has six touchdowns in almost three full games since Nick Foles' injury, to go with four interceptions.

This Eagles offense looks like it can turn just about anyone into a productive Fantasy option, especially if they have to throw the ball 35-plus times. It might not be pretty, but Sanchez looks like he's in the right spot to remain Fantasy relevant down the stretch, even if you'll never feel great about starting him.

18. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I give the ball to McCoy and not to Mark. Plus short safe swing passes to Sproles. No 50 passes more like 20. Plus none inside the red zone. That's where Mark can really kill you.

19. jack handy

jack handy Member

I am having a hard time defending Sanchez but shouldn't people wait to see if he has an extended bad stretch before saying he is a failure with the Eagles? Peyton just had a really bad game against the Rams does that mean he sucks? Did I mention that it was the Rams.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Peyton gets benefit of the doubt because he's one of, if not the, best QB of all time. Sanchez doesn't because he has been a turnover machine his entire career.

Big Blocker likes this.