Would you be open to a Sanchez / Jets reunion?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Nov 11, 2014.

?

To Sanchize or not to Sanchize?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No.

78.9%
  1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not sure if you guys heard but the brigade announced his excuses this time are a couple helmet to helmet hits and that the turnovers were in garbage time.

Ben Had and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Good to see still that Mark still has the 'pump-fake, get blasted' move in his arsenal...

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't really dislike Sanchez, but I have to admit there was a certain schadenfreude watching him yesterday. The same costly mistakes, the same hangdog look, only this time it was at some other team's expense, and not the Jets.

Time and again, I said I've seen this movie before. But this time, it was without the aggravation.

It was better this time.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow.
    Don't pay attention to the sanchez section and I didn't watch the eagles game...But Wow.

5. BrowningNagle

"schadenfreude"?? are you fuckin kiddin me? What kind of hipster BS is this?
    I was messing with you before on your usage of haberdashery but this is just plain B.S.

I will refer to the greatest 90s era football movie - The Program- for this one.

a sexy young Halle Berry in the role of a tutor for a football player after he uses a BS word that he pulled from the dictionary...not unlike schadenfreude

"Will you stop using those words. It sounds ridiculous. Pretending to be smart is not the same as being educated. It's just a con and it makes you sound stupid."

6. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Gotta say it was amazing watching that game and laughing the whole way through. All that was missing was him eating ass, other than that it was thoroughly satisfying.

7. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

both of the pro and con have to get over this love hate bs. We have enough on our plate with our own turn over machine.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That's our boy....Illegal chop block #3 on the offense

10. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Nope especially not after last night

11. BrowningNagle

wow really? He threw a pick 6 to a defensive lineman? His inconsistency is sometimes too predictable!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He HAS to be the all-time leader in INT's thrown to a defensive lineman. I'll bet it's not even close.

13. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

I can't agree any more that Mark is absolute garbage now. But you can't deny the guy is more skittish than a long tailed cat at an elephant convention and some of it has to do with how he was handled here. When the going gets tough you can see the defeat in the guys body language and in his eyes.

The people who run the a/v show for the games know it too. That's why they cut to him looking like a kicked puppy when thing's started going sideways for him. Anyway, look at how Geno was behaving right before we pulled the plug on his ass. You can see exactly the same defeated chuck the ball for an int attitude that Sanchez was good for.

Is it possible we happened to draft two completely wishy washy and immature QB's? Sure, it's entirely possible because both guys were somewhat like that coming out. At the same time, however, you can't deny the lack atmosphere under Rex and Co. wasn't conducive to them having any incentive to mature. There was a story a few days ago on NFL.com that Genos' throws were predetermined, which is right along the lines of the fruity stoplight system they were using with Sanchez.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I don't think Mark is a scared puppy dog. And if he is it's not the Jets fault. They gave him 62 starts and despite what his fan base likes to clamor about he generally had a decent OL. But things weren't perfect here so they blame the Jets. I'm tired of hearing how it was the coaches fault when all they did was give him a chance to play. So what they're saying now to give Mark a pass is that if he fails with the Eagles it's the Jets fault. In other words it's never Mark's fault. If he throws a pick it's because of Schotty or Sparano.

15. BrowningNagle

The cream rises to the top anyway. If he was going to be a good QB, 62 starts would've gotten him there, poor development or not.

Compare his situation to Andrew Luck's for shits and giggles - Would one say they've done a particularly good job of developing him???

Not really, actually - they threw him into the fire immediately on a 2-14 team with a defensive head coach, 2 OCs in his first 2 years, a revolving door at RB and OL and some rookie weapons at WR & TE. With Sanchez that would be used as excuses - with Luck, the perspective is different because he is rising above that and making those perceived difficulties in his development ~ strengths.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Now we are going to blame Sanchez for that pick 6? The haters are unbelievable. Suuuure, it's Mark's fault his receivers can't tackle.

matt robinson 17 and Jake like this.
  17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

prototypical sanchez

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Lol. Seriously? Guy, you're smarter than that. How about because the current CS showed that they had no clue how to handle him or develop a young QB. How about because he isn't that good anyway. How about because of all the losing and bad things that had happened here? Finally, but not least in importance is that the fanbase hated Sanchez and he knew it. They were ready to eat him alive if he ever stepped on the field for the Jets again, even before he turned the ball over again.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahaha

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Besides the Philly defense spitting the bit or whether the pick 6's or fumble 6's were in 'garbage time' or not, here's what is certain:
    heading into the back end of the 3rd quarter, this QB-friendly, hi-octane offense had put up a whopping 6 points.

Matt, what's even worse (looking at the replay) is that he nearly caused their #1 draft pick Lane Johnson (RT #65) to get his right knee taken out.

#180 joe, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2014