The Keep Rex Ryan Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 27, 2014.

1. ScrewedAgain

ScrewedAgain Member

Anyone who wants to keep Rex should be set on fire.

2. ScrewedAgain

ScrewedAgain Member

He's a good (not great) defensive mind, and maybe our next head coach will have less success keeping games as close with the Patriots as Rex does (losing the majority of them), but that doesn't matter anymore. Every part of this organization is a complete fiasco, we're 2-8, our dog-killer should of started a long time ago, and now Sanchez is throwing pretty TD passes for the Eagles.

It's time to fucking go.

Jets69 likes this.
  3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Hey I just want to talk about this Pats thing and more generally Rex's record against division opponents. Yeah, i have greatly enjoyed the wins against the Pats while Ryan is HC. But those have been balanced out by his poor showings against the Fish who, for most of his tenure, have otherwise been a lousy team. And he does not have a winning record against NE. In fact Ryan's record against Miami is one of the big things I hold against him.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's what has nagged at me most of this year now. If Geno improved and we were still doing terrible, okay that's a different story. But for Geno to struggle, it makes me question what we are doing developmentally with these QBs. 3 OCs too, 2 GMs, the common denominator (besides Woody heh) is Rex.

Like I've stated before, I think Rex is going to be successfully elsewhere, but I really do not trust him handling a 3rd young QB if that's our move. He has shown he can win with rookie QBs, but can he develop them? I don't want him to have a 3rd chance because I don't trust him.

I understand I can't trust a new HC either, my hope is if we go the new HC route we target someone offensively minded. Yes, our defense will probably then somehow take more steps backwards, but a developing a young QB then finalizing the pieces on defense could be another way to build the team.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    You miss this?

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

In the short run I think the D will be fine IF they can upgrade Cb. But even with Ryan on the team the Jets have downgraded the Cb roster, and now flat out suck at Pass D, Jarrett's excellent game notwithstanding.

And I agree, I do not trust Ryan to handle overall responsibility for developing another young Qb. David Lee's comments yesterday were to my mind just more evidence of how Ryan's lead on the hype is masking a record of failure developing these guys.

Is is possible both Sanchez and Smith would have sucked no matter what CS they would have worked with? Sure. But even if one accepts that, where is Ryan's record of success? He has none in that regard.

7. jetsillinifan

jetsillinifan Well-Known Member

the fact that this thread has come up for the last 2 years means rex has got to go

8. BrooklynJet97

BrooklynJet97 Active Member

It sucks that when Rex has all the piece, he succeeds. Run D is always stout and coached well, pass D was never that big an issue till last year. Its discouraging. I have been a Rex supporter since day 1 and though he gave us a hard nosed, punch you in the mouth identity. It was working.

But man, when I look at Chip Kelly and Jim Harbaugh and Andy Reid and these offensive minded coaches who can make a QB great and implement their own style of offense into explosive high powered juggernauts. It makes me salivate for an Offensive minded head coach. If Chip was able to make Sanchez great and Harbaugh was able to make Smith/Kaepernick great, I wanna see something like that here. I dont want a defensive head coach anymore. Our D has the framework to work when it comes to the run D. I think Rex seriously needs to go.

We need new life. Not just on the offense but within the organization. This year has just been so boring.

I would be totally down for Rex staying and getting a coach from college that i known for have a high powered offense. Maybe if Rex doesn't pan out, we have a successor already in place to take over. I don't think that sounds plausible because this is a team game. But I want an explosive offense. I want Chip fucking Kelly.

9. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

He doesn't understand offense - by his own admission. I'm personally in favour of defensive coaches, because I think that's harder in this day and age with the rules. But as the HC, you need to know _everything_. You can only delegate work, not knowledge. Professionally, he has been a failure - irrespective of the tools he has had to work with.

Personally, if I have to hear him stand at the podium one more time after a loss and talk about how good the players are and how much effort they are giving, I will throw my shoe at the TV.

TNJet likes this.
  10. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Sanchez's third year was his best year by far - 26 TD/18 INT and his "highest" passer rating of 78.2 (!). And it's unlikely that Idzik could have gotten Sanchez weapons sitting in Seattle.

How patient did you want them to be? They gave him four years and saw him regress in his fourth year in the league. Would it have been ideal for him to sit behind a top-flight QB for a couple of years? Maybe, but we live in the real world and that wasn't an option. And for that matter, having Geno sit behind Vick and learn his bad/lazy work habits and carelessness with the ball isn't ideal either.

Do you understand what you're saying? Are you really pointing out that "the fans" and "the media" were responsible for Sanchez losing his job with the Jets? Leave aside his performances for a second - what sort of organization is this that lets armchair quarterbacks and newspaper writers make key personnel decisions for them?

The QB makes the talent much more than the talent makes the QB. Look at Indy _right now_ - without Luck, could you imagine that group of receivers & TEs leading the league in offense? You want to blame the receiving corps for Sanchez throwing pick after pick?

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

4 road playoff wins tells me the guy can coach,he needs a fresh start just like Sanchez ,sometimes change is good for people and Rex needs to move on and so do we

Umphpool likes this.
  12. hardcharger

hardcharger Trolls

I think Rex should stay. The Patriots fans want Rex to stay here for a long time and you have give their opinion credit because they're very knowledgeable about winning coaches. Their knick name for Rex is, "Mr. 8 and 8."

Ben Had likes this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Ohhh man, my sides.

Hahahahahahaha.

Nice one, derp.

14. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Just give him a competent team to succeed

15. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Well hopefully he doesn't end up in Buffalo next year

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

I hope he does. He will drive their offense into the ground for years and years as he has done here and get fired sooner than later...

17. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Why not? It'll keep Buffalo at 6-10 or 7-9 for as long as he is there.

TNJet and Pocket Jet like this.
  18. Altoon82

Altoon82 New Member

Perfect. My friends that are Patriot fans all want the Jets to keep him...I wonder why?

19. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

He would struggle there...he's going to need a ready build offence to be good. Atlanta would be a better fit.

20. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Rex will be fine wherever he goes. I think Buffalo is already ok with Schwartz..Rex is the better coach but they should probably go on the offensive side of the ball for next coach. His best shot to win a SB is definitely in Atlanta..if he turns that defense around they'd be in position to be every year contenders.
    A head coach looks a lot better with a franchise QB already in place and Atlanta would be just that...I hope he knows better to go to Oakland..going to the booth for a season or two would be a better option then signing to that shithole organization..that said Khalil Mack is going to be a future monster maybe he'd sign on.