Would you be open to a Sanchez / Jets reunion?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Nov 11, 2014.

?

To Sanchize or not to Sanchize?

1. Yes

21.1%
  2. No.

78.9%
  1. JetScream

JetScream New Member

Look at it from a Mark Sanchez perspective.....Why would he want to come back?
    He took the brunt of all that is wrong with the Jets and yes some of it was his own doing but he also came out of college early and when he had players around him he did better than I ever thought he would do given the fact that he came out of USC, which has never been known for great Quarterbacks in the NFL. He is a system type of QB and if there is no system then he will not excel at the position. He is in a system that is perfect for him in Philly. Right now the Jets have no system.

The bigger problem is that Vick will probably get the Jets out of the top draft pick range so a QB might not be there and then option "B" comes into play.......call the Bears and see what it would take to get Jay Cutler out of there.......you think we had fun when Sanchez was in New York......imagine the Jets with Cutler. At the very least he would be a improvment over Geno Smith and from what I hear he actually can tell time.

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

after 1 game this thread is stupid.......

try again week 17....... if he hasnt been extended

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sanchez in 2011 looked like he was about to turn the corner, but he got destroyed in the Balt game and reinjured in the Denver and Eagles games. He was next to useless after that injury initially, and worse after reaggravation.

And that was a stinger.

Last year he tore his rotator cuff. I'm kind of rooting for the guy to do well, but I have seen a much better QB in Pennington have his career crippled by similar throwing arm injuries.

Mark Sanchez is a feelgood story this year (aside from the parts where the media dicks use it as an opportunity to pile on the Jets like they get a bonus to do it) but I don't want Sanchez back. He's damaged goods, literally. He's going to get drilled at some point, refuse to acknowledge he's injured, and ruin a season and cripple his career. It's inevitable.

Hopefully he can win a Super Bowl this year before it happens.

Diabolical_Jet_Fan and stinkyB like this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I said it when we let him go and I'll say it again....

Mark Sanchez is like that first love you just can't get over. Keeps coming back and you keep wondering what "could have been" haha

5. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

It was clear that it was never going to happen for Sanchez here. He just had this look of hopelessness and despair whenever he was on the field. And the fans were certainly done with him too. I'm not all that surprised to see him move on and have a little success but I don't think the ceiling is that high on this kid. I think we have pretty much seen the best and the worst of Mark Sanchez.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

she had waaaaaay nicer tits and could....... nevermind

MenOverGod likes this.
  7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Its like a doctor curing you of aids and then making a thread about wanting them back,we don't have the same offense or offensive coach as the Eagles not to mention the Panthers pass rush was awful last night

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not sure he wanted to move on.

9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

He's not going anywhere.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I only want him back if he wins a Super Bowl.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I like Sanchez and still root for him, but he would NOT be playing this well in NY with this casT and regime. It would take major changes on the Jets to even consider such a thing.

And frankly, if he keeps playing this well he may be the Eagles QB in 2015

12. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how we feel, odds are damn good that he'll be an eagle again next year.

he's got a second wind in philly that he couldn't get here, why would he ever come back? his best career move at this point is to move FORWARD with them and not BACKWARDS with us, and I know there are those who disagree but its best for US to move forward as well.

13. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I would take him as long as he doesn't turn the ball over every time he throws a TD, wasn't such a wuss when the pressure got hectic, and promises to never butt-fumble ever again!
    It isn't Nacho the man I dislike, it's his play on the field. If he ever got consistent, and grew some nerve, I wouldn't mind him being the QB. He just never showed any promise, even when the team was stacked, never looked like a franchise Qb.
    In Philly the last two weeks he looks better than at anytime in his career. When he played for the Jets he never had the luxury of playing against two of the leagues worst pass defenses in back to back weeks. Can't take anything away from him though, atleast he played good in consecutive weeks for once in his career.
    I really don't care who plays QB for the Jets. I just hope he doesn't suck, and the team wins!! Nacho never provided that to an extent that could remotely justify his over blown contract. A QB is suppose to be a driving force behind an offense. Not a detriment most of the time, or a player who inhibits the unit moving the ball. Schotty didn't tell him to throw all those interceptions, neither did Rex. No one to blame but himself.

14. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Yeah. I had a coke whore of a girlfriend who almost ruined my life. She has a kid now. Think I want her back?

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If he comes at vet min, maybe?

----------------------------------------------

Seriously, NO.

16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If he plays well the rest of the season, I would take a chance on him. Maybe he learned from watching from the sidelines.

17. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I'd want him back if I had an emotional connection to him. Or if I romanticize his two playoff runs.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

why would he want to play for the jets?

ajax likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why would anyone? At least the guys who have never played with the team can think in terms of money and exposure only. Decker and his dumbfuck wife come to mind.

Maybe they'll be able to hire a GM that makes it rain for free agents like a lot of doofuses here wanted to happen this year.

But definitely not Sanchez. He's left too many bloody tampons above the ceiling tiles at the practice facility.

20. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Is the question why would Sanchez come back, why would the Jets bring him back, why would the fans want him back or do you as a fan want him back?