The Keep Rex Ryan Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Right. Since a change of direction is warranted, it's probably best for both parties to include Rex being somewhere else.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I have. Our WR situation is better now that we have but he's been with the team for only one game so far. Our DB situation was deeply worsened. Our o-line has been much worse.

3. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

At this point it's really hard to defend Rex keeping his job. The team has been bad for the 4th straight season now. Even though they were .500 in 2 of those seasons I don't think anybody would define them as a "good" team those years. Maybe 2011 but thats it.

What's worse then the constant losing is the quality of play. The Jets make the same mistakes over and over again under Rex. They don't ever seem to get corrected. It wasn't as big of an issue in 2009 and 2010 for Rex because the Jets had good players, but once the talent declined (something Rex also has to take some blame for), the penalties, the quality of play has just become more and more glaring. I'm tired of getting caught with 12 men on the field, i'm tired of watching QB's believe one play is being called and receivers and RB's another, i'm tired of watching QB's turn to hand balls off in one direction while the RB is going in the other. They just don't appear to be very well prepared for these games.

The last time we had a receiver put up 1,000 yards was 2007, before that it was 2003. In this era of football that's pretty bad. It's easy to just blame the players and call out Idzik but to be totally fair Rex has to take some blame for that as well. Cause it sure did sound like Rex has had some influence in the draft rooms as well. It's been such a downhill slide since that Philly game in 2011 when we rolled in there and got our brains beat in.

I mean does anybody realize that since week 14 of the 2011 season we've only strung together 2 wins in a row twice? I don't care who you are, that's unacceptable. The dark days have indeed returned, and we don't know enough about our GM to tell if he can lead us out of them.

We've had so many bad drafts in recent years. We had two picks in the top 6 in back to back years and drafted Vernon Gholston and Mark Sanchez, we followed that up by selecting Kyle Wilson in the first the next year when we had Revis and Cromartie already on the team. Then Mo (awesome), then Coples who i'm a fan of but to be totally fair he hasn't exactly played up to his draft pick ranking, he's been solid, nothing more, nothing less, then Milliner who cant stay on the field, and then Richardson (awesome), and now Pryor who looks like a good young player. But still, the overall picture in the first round is pretty ugly, especially when you consider that two of those picks were in the top 6 where you should be getting high quality players. Forget about our second round picks because we usually never have one and when we do we tend to strikeout. Ducasse, Stephen Hill, Geno Smith, and Jace Amaro are our 4 second round picks since 2008. 3 of them turned out to be utter garbage.

I'm willing to give Idzik a chance but i'm not totally against blowing it all up, sending him packing with Rex, and starting over. It might be whats needed at this point.

JetBlue and VaBchJet like this.
  4. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fuck Rex, I still want my money back for that "Get coached up" dvd I bought of his.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

6. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That's Woody's choice. That's the guy he settled on. The only guy that would take the job under Woody's terms . That's the guy that took the job under Woody's terms.... I guess Woody's fine with that. It's gonna be great seeing what they do now, and what happens next. Plan B. Good luck.

7. rxd

rxd New Member

It's hard to defend the job Rex has done but it's impossible to defend the job Idzik has done...

8. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Many GM will love the Jets position with all the cap space we will have this off season. Keep Ryan fire Idzik hell give the GM job to Rex.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sure then. Keep Rex make him GM and HC and bring back Mark Sanchez while you're at it! A guaranteed trip back to the AFC Championship. Talk about living in the past.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I like Rex, but he's gone unless the Jets win out and make the playoffs.

He had some support when the team was overachieving but now it's brutal and it's 2nd QB he's failed to help develop.

My only worry is we need to pick up a DC who will be able to utilize the defense correctly. There are a lot of young, talented players on defense, and it would suck to watch their prime go wasted as they get put into a new system that might not maximize their abilities.

HC options? No clue. I would like a new HC, not a retread.

11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

agree with ost of this.
    not worried about the new d.c. and his scheme of choice. the core of the defense is very versatile and fit into almost any system. richardson,wilk and coples all can play at a high level almost anywhere on the line. barnes and babin can both play that speed end in a 4-3. davis can play sam in a 4-3( not sure if he has the speed to play side line to side line as the mike).
    agree with the new h.c. there aren't any former coaches that really intrigue me

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think the same thing as you, but I'm still worried haha

FJF likes this.
  13. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Let's get 10 candidates and have a Reality tv show where they have to make coaching decisions based on computer modeled scenarios. They get judged on timeout usage, press conference skills, ability to game plan, ability to make adjustments at halftime, 2:00 defense and offense managing. Have 3 former NFL coaches judge them each week. America votes for the next HC of the NYJ. Couldn't be any worse than how we do it now.

IBLEEDGREEN17 and slimjasi like this.
  14. Geno007

Where did I say bring back Sanchez. He can't do no worse then Idzik.

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex has been the GM for 6 years.

16. Geno007

Lol. O lord one of those people who thinks Rex draft and signs all players.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  17. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

I'm seeing Sanchez playing well for the Eagles tonight, and I can't help but wonder why he couldn't work for us.
    Mr Defense Rex Ryan, decided to build defense only with minimum emphasis on Offense. Hiring guys like Sprano to run the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense was a joke. We stripped Sanchez of weapons and protection, to keep the bullshit defense top priority.
    Rex's philosophy of all defense, with minimum priority to offensive devolpment and spending resources to refortify this side of the ball has cost us the last 4 years. I'm ready to move on from Rex.
    We threw Sanchez on the scrap heap because they led us to believe he didn't have what it takes and he was a turnover machine.
    Mark Sanchez has a good chance to lead a dynamic Eagles team to the playoffs, all he needed was a chance to succeed.

18. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Rex's job as HC here probably depends as much on how Sanchez plays the rest of the way as it does on how the Jets play.

Ben Had likes this.
  19. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

A "Keep Rex Ryan" thread? What's next?

How about...
    "The Benefits of Keeping Chlamydia!"
    "Don't be so hasty to lance those anal boils!"
    "Impotence: learning to live and love with Mr. Droopy"
    "The Joys of Poverty"
    "DaFeet: the story of how a former Ravens DC impersonated a HC for over half a decade in New York!"

Yea, these should all be on the "Keep Rex Ryan" fans reading lists....

20. PhillyJet52

PhillyJet52 Member

No pass rush from the Panthers. He started with the lead and the defense and special teams took over. Lots of 3 and outs, reminded me of his time in NY. Lets see what he does next week against Green Bay.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.