Everyone hates the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BigGreenUgly, Nov 4, 2014.

1. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

When they're down...boy do the pundits love to take turns kicking them...you can almost hear the laughter in their voice when they're discussed....and I mean everyone...even when they were winning it seemed like they needed to apologize for it...people just hate this franchise...and I don't get it...I know Rex was a big mouth....and that rubs people wrong...but this has been going on forever it's seems....meanwhile the Giants aren't much better this year and never reach the kind of despicable criticism the Jets do...even the Jets own beat writers seem to hate this team .....it's really bothered me this week...and I've been critical of Rex for years...god I want this franchise to win the SB so bad so we can give these a-holes a big F.U....

Bill Belichdouche likes this.
  2. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

even Jets fans hate the Jets

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fuck those bitch ass outsiders.

Snatch Catch likes this.
  4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We've been a laughing stock for a while. Thats what made 09/10 so fun, the media was visibly asshurt as we marched thru the tournament, it's a fucking shame we couldn't get it done.

The downward spiral has been absolute hell, but this is like equilibrium for us.

5. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Exactly....The beauty of it would be the record number of bandwagoners jumping in to drive them all insane. God I want that so bad, but

especially for all the Faithful fans and all the great players in our history that toiled for us post SB III.

I really thought we were gonna improve this year and even made a bet against a casual fan who is in on the Hate parade.

What a fuckin' disaster....

6. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Who fucking cares? Let people hate the Jets. I've been ragged on and hated on for being a Jets fan my whole 24 years of existence. Let the haters hate and when we eventually right the ship and eventually win, it will be that much sweeter. Grown men will cry. Many babies will be born after, as well...

Fuck the haters. Jets green and white until I die.

7. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

that's what happens when the leader of your team, rex, thumps his chest and declares how he is going to win and meet the president and if you swing at us we'll take two swings in return.

how many times has rex taken a shot at belichek and kissing his rings??? this hate was all brought upon us by the false bravado of some silly man and should go away when we finally kick him to the curb which is most deserving.

at least kotite didn't piss the whole league off with complete silliness.

8. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

No doubt. Spot on.

Then Tanny and Woodly followed suit like it was some great thing...like the buffoons they are.

Then the three of them drove the bus into a ditch..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's also what happens when your franchise is the ONLY professional sports team to NEVER have a home of their own, and when their history has been filled with clueless, inept buffoons as owners, HCs and GMs.

#9 NCJetsfan, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    TNJet, Cman68, no psls and 1 other person like this.
  10. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

When you come from the hub of Western Civilization and you perpetually lose, your going to attract a lot of negative press. Jacksonville and Seattle, not so much.

11. JetScream

JetScream New Member

I don't think people as a whole hate the Jets but they sure do hate on some of the players and coaches.......nobody that I know ever could understand the whole Geno Smith draft and now that has come home to roost..... the guy is not a NFL quarterback. Rex became a sideshow and when you pop off and then fall flat on your face the haters come out. The good news is that the Jets have a chance to wipe the slate clean with a new coach and a new Quarterback by way of the draft or trade. The Green and White will be back

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

And the league didn't laugh at us then anyway and enjoy taking shots?

Like a post above said, the Jets are a convenient target cause they're a NY team in the most prominent sport that hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 45 years.

13. dmatt36

dmatt36 Active Member

Most of it is probably backlash from our brash attitude during the 09-10 years, I personally loved those years because for once it felt like we had an identity, and we embraced the underdog role. Everybody hated it, but couldn't say anything because we winning. Fast forward a few years later, with our deteriorated roster, questionable acquisitions (Tebow), and general ineptness from the QB position, it's easy to understand why people pile on us.

A silver lining in this imo has been the drop of bandwagon fans. There were too many "Jets" fan for my liking after the playoffs years trying to ride the "high"of the team. This combined with the departure of the Tebow fans seems to be one of the few positive things to happen since 2010.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I hate the Jets pretty thoroughly and they are my favorite team.

15. Gunther

Gunther Member

Rex is not a sideshow. The NY media attempts to make everything a side show when we don't win. It was the media who decided to focus on the tattoo that Rex had, not Rex. That's a sideshow. When you have been in the dumps as long as the Jets have been, your problem goes way beyond a coach and a GM. The media is a bunch of dick riders anyway. Fuck them. Very few of them know the game, and those that do know the game have to play the media game. The teams that consistently make it to the playoffs have quarterbacks who will probably make it into the hall of fame. If you don't have one of those, winning will not be on a consistent basis.

16. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

The jets should press charges for domestic violence the way other nfl teams manhandle and beat the shit out of us week in and week out

TNJet likes this.
  17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

The media is, perhaps, the most universally dishonest and disingenuous organization in the history of humanity.

Having made my contempt for the media abundantly clear, Rex is still a sideshow.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we haven't been a laughingstock for a long time, since pre-Parcells but people like to act like 1996 was last year and this is a continuation.

19. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree, but unfortunately, 1996 might just be this year.

20. Fleetwood

Fleetwood Member

Two wins each year (with two more needed to be champs) is hardly marching through the tournament.