Bledsoe says playing QB for Jets like a Virgin Sacrifice

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Nov 4, 2014.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

If Sanchez wasn't injured during that preseason game, he certainly would have been during the regular season game. Jets offense has no protection, and no skill player that would strike fear into the opposition.

And I have suggested carrying Sanchez for at least 2 or 3 years so the next QB doesn't have be thrown in to the wolves as a green rookie. You know how that shook out. [Nobody liked that idea - and they don't like Geno now either. Go fucking figure.]

Jake likes this.
  2. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

He's right. The Jets have no idea how to develop a QB or run an offense.

Can't wait till we hire the next defensive minded Head Coach!

3. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

People are now talking up Sanchez like he's the second coming. The guy went in against an average defense (other than Watt, Houston's D is pretty pedestrian), playing for a really well run offense with lots of playmakers, without the D preparing for him, and finished with 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Yeah....

Maybe Sanchez wasn't as terrible as in his 3rd and 4th years with us, but what is his ceiling exactly? Mediocre QB who can do alright with a loaded offense, but still turns the ball over regularly, and eventually his lack of talent catches up? Why would you want that as a fan? I'd rather have a shitty QB, at least that shitty QB will get you a better chance to draft a non-shitty QB. As a fan, I always wanted somebody who can take you all the way (doesn't even have to be a true elite QB, but just a guy who can have stretches of elite play, like Eli or Flacco), or if you can't get that, just suck until you find it in the draft. Sanchez is like a poor man's Testaverde, which is sad.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I hate when people don’t have a clue and clearly didn’t watch any of the game while just relying on a boxscore.

5. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Sanchez had 2 int's Sunday and he didn't even play the whole game, the guy is dog shit.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Is there any doubt any of you would sign up for Mark being the starting QB in 2013 instead of Geno Smith?

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He knows that the Jets ended his career with the Patriots immediately prior to them winning 3 superbowls in 4 years. I'm sure that doesn't impact his feelings on the Jets. At all.

slimjasi, JetsVilma28 and Pocket Jet like this.
  8. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

LOLOL, my favorite post of the day !!!!!

9. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

Maybe..... just a little bit?

10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

He won't; don't worry. Sanchez sucks on rocks. He might not be worse than Geno, but that describes 98% of the starting NFL QBs over the last 5 years ... it's a meaningless sentiment. You can't win with either one of them.

Gunther likes this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The upside to Sanchez was his playoff performance, that being said I hope he lights it up, this franchise is a fuckin joke

MexicanJet likes this.
  12. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Bledsoe and Colin are wine making buddies out in Washington State

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

He's right though. This is the last place a young QB would want to go to gain experience.

No margin for error here, and it's not an indictment on our fans either. The fans have a right to demand excellence after 40 yrs of garbage. It's just a bad situation, I think we really need a veteran QB to lead this team and have a draftee ride the pine for a bit.

Pennington sat for two years before taking over.

Gunther and JetsVilma28 like this.
  14. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Sanchez in 2011 with Holmes, Burress, and Kerley had 26TD passes and the 2nd most efficitent TD red zone offense in football behind the Packers. He was 2 for 2 in the red zone last week with 2 TD. Better than the Jets have been in 2 years with Geno.
    Hell the guy is tied for most TDs in a season for the Jets with Joe Namath..he was basically the best scoring QB the team has had in 40 years. I hope he plays some good ball in Phili...team really screwed up in 2012 with so much.

15. mute

mute Well-Known Member

yeah but the turnovers. I might as well say it because the majority will mention it anyway..again.

16. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

I'll take 32TD and 26 Turnovers -- +6 with an awful oline (anyone remember the right tackle?) Same Year Eli Manning had 30TD and 22 Turnovers and won a super bowl

17. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

You chicken $hit. You played for the same school as Ryan Leaf and your giving us shit.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You mean like how the biggest offensive players in the Saints game last year were not in training camp? If lack of talent was really the issue in 2012, then 2013 would have been a terrible year for Sanchez too. The offensive skill talent was not improved enough to help him out. All in all, avoiding that again for him probably worked out to be the best for him.

JetsVilma28 likes this.
  19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Jets RZ offense (TDs/attempts)
    2014: 48.1 %
    2013: 50.0%
    2012: 48.9%
    2011: 65.4%
    2010: 44.3%
    2009: 50.4%
    2008: 53.2%

Eagles under Chip Kelly RZ offense:
    2014: 42.3%
    2013: 53.2%

Let's calm down before we say Sanchez in the RZ is the primary reason we had a great RZ offense. The Jets actually did better in 2013 than Sanchez did in 2010 and 2012 here. That's with extremely less offensive talent than 2010. It's almost like a lot of things outside QB influences RZ offense.

He did do a good job scoring TDs in 2011. Too bad we got none of that in 2012 and still got the turnovers portion.

I do also hope he plays well in Philly though. I think it's a good refresh for him and his career. I am nervous for his MNF performance. I really don't want him to get embarrassed on primetime. Either way, he and the Jets needed a break. The Jets were not getting the type of offensive coaching or talent PHI has around Sanchez last year or this year.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Ok. I said this year we have much better talent. I did not mention LY.