Silver Lining .....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by pdxdrew, Nov 2, 2014.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

holmes had 2- 100 yard games and 1 2td gaame. i wouldn't say thats alot of great games

Snatch Catch likes this.
  2. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

I'm sure we will hear how he single handedly won a football game for Philly today.
    Nacho did throw a couple TD passes, but still is throwing picks. He even has a talented team around him in Philly too! If Nacho was with us, we would still be 1-8.
    Good for Sanchez though, maybe he is in a better place, and will one day outlive the "Butt-Fumble" and the terrible Qb play he had for 4 seasons on our team.

Our team gets worse with each passing week.
    I know Kyle Wilson sucks as a cover corner on the outside, but I have to ask............ With all the problems we have had this season at CB, why wasn't our number 3 corner forced to play the #1 or #2? If he can't, then why is he even on our team. Get rid of his overpaid ass. We have used a safety, and a stringer full of in experienced corners to try so help our shitty secondary. Why wasn't Wilson moved outside? Just asking?

3. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

I said the same thing earlier today during the 1st quarter. It's truly unbelievable actually.

4. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Good thing the Jets didn't get Peyton Manning, he can't beat the Patriots either. :eek:

5. FJF

they trust wilson in the slot. put him on the outside and you have 3 players playing 3 positions that you don't really trust.
    i don't fault them for keeping wilson in his spot despite the injuries

tbruner12 likes this.
  6. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Only positive thing left to say, we have one of the best looking uniforms in the league.

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Geno had 0 turn overs today. He's improving.

8. vedmedv

vedmedv Member

The bad news is.....there are too many garbage teams, so a top three pick is not guaranteed....even then...If idzik picks, who knows.
    the silver lining is watching the games stress-free, because our post season is guaranteed...... to be watching other teams on tv.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The only possible silver lining I see in this season is if Woody surprises us by having the intelligence to clean house and fires Idzik and Rex, and anyone else the new GM deems necessary. If we had fired Rex when I wanted to, we might have Bruce Arians coaching the Jets, but no, they had to hold on to that clueless dumbass.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Woody does not like to pay his coaches. That means are next coach will be a young unproven guy. Not necessarily a bad thing if you pick the right guy but our track record is.

11. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Raiders will have to win 2 more games than the Jets for NY to get the number 1 pick, and I don't see that happening.

12. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

2 more games the rest of the year.

13. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I hope you're right on both Idzik and Harvin--With an average NFL QB and another 2 young and hungry OL, Idz has built a nice offense.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I know that Woody doesn't like to pay coaches. That's why I have little hope for this franchise unless he gets tired/disgusted of spending the money with no positive results (Championships) sells the team, gets hit by lightning and learns, or dies. The only hope is if makes it know that he will step back and not be involved in any other football decisions and hires the best GM/football man he can to run the team, and let that guy hire the new HC.

15. NFL

NFL Active Member

The Jets will win just enough games this year to get us out of the top 5.

16. FJF

i think the silver lining is the season is more than half over

nyjetsmets89 likes this.