Head Coaching Options for 2015

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 26, 2014.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps talking about guys they don't want or guys that would never come here. How about naming some guys who you want that this team actually has a shot at getting? I think this team should go after and has a good shot at getting any of the following:

Polian
    Harbaugh
    Sumlin
    Shaw
    Gase

Yet it would require Woody to offer a huge contract to get any of them, with the exception of Gase who should come cheap given his lack of HC experience.

Thoughts?

#141 JetsNation06, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Good point! I've been in a Whoa is "something" for a week now! LOL!! ;)

3. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Mike Westhoff

TNJet, Burnz and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

After he wins the Super Bowl in February, let's hire the best offensive coordinator in the league --- Peyton Manning!
    I bet he can develop a QB :)

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

LOL

6. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This 100%. No Sarcasm

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You really ought to quit throwing Polian's name around. Not only has he said that he is retired and has no interest in taking another job, he shouldn't. His last drafts with the Colts were awful. The game has passed him by and whatever eye he had for talent has faded with time. He is NOT an answer for the Jets.

8. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Always thought he'd make a good HC.

Probably too late for him, though.

9. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I just want someone who will hold players accountable. Not just yell at them, fire them Get rid of them when they don't do the job or cannot do the job anymore. I also want a guy who can pick good assistants.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

No kidding. The guy is old and also has retired from coaching.

11. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

If Vincent Lombardi came back from dead it wouldn't f_cking matter. Our GM us incompetent.

12. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

That would be like going from coaching the Crimson Tide to coaching Forrest Gump.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My prediction. We fail once again to go after a proven winner that can get respectability back to this team. Someone that
    1- We can realistically get and it's not someone else's discard
    2- it's strong enought to put up with the NY shit, be it media, stadium history, ownership or crappy fans
    3- it's not a has been dinasour removed from action and enjoying the luxury of broadcasting while far removed from what is going on in the NFL trenches today
    4- it's not another ex NFL coach without a winning record
    5- is willing to work with a second tier GM if idzik is not canned first
    6- it's clearly better than what we have - not another BS move for change sake
    7- he freaking knows a winning QB when he sees one

Mean while on a unrelated story Atlanta will select Rex as head coach and he will take them to the SB In 2 years while we will probably still be looking for a QB and bitching about out idiotic FO and HC staff

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

If Rex is finally fired I'd bet that him and his legion of friends in the press and the NFL will blame it all on Idzik. Not directly of course, Rex will say all the right things and let his pals do all of the talking (behind the scenes). This stuff has already begun and Idzik is taking on a shitstorm esp after that horrible presser. A good percentage of it is aimed at Idzik. Even though the guy has only been here under two years. But what about the players not being ready, the poor adjustments at half time, penalties, schemes that don't work (incl. on offense-remember he is the head coach and responsible for the entire package, etc.) How can you blame this on the GM? But don't worry he will. If he interviews for Atlanta I'd bet on it.

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Agreed. According to fatso Cowher would have wanted control over the GM spot as well so he could pick his players last time the Jets reached out. I wonder if he still feels the same way.

Not that i'd have any problem giving it to him but I don't think Woody is moving on from Idzik.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Last

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

You had me up until your last sentence. I would be shocked beyond belief if Rex Ryan gets another HC gig this soon. I don't think that Arthur Blank is stupid enough to hire Rex, either. Even if he does, I don't believe he is capable of winning a SB. He just isn't intelligent enough or understand what it takes to be a good HC.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

Polian was never a coach.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Polian would be a great choice if we change GMs. I've been supporting Idzik but he'd be a big improvement, no doubt about that. But to get him Woody can't interfere. Polian chooses the coach and front office personnel.

20. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'd rather hire a bum off the street or let Woody coach and GM the team than hire Chucky or the Chin. I'm so sick of hearing their names thrown around by every coach-needy team on every level of football. Both are and always have been insanely overrated. I guess they're better than Kotite, but not much.