Is she full of shit? 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by mute, Oct 28, 2014.

1. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

She got the attention she wanted. Look at all the news stories about it.

Who is this clown anyway?

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

3. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

Someone who wants you to give her money. Because reasons.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I'd try and put 'em off the scent:

"Hey guys, was Tom Brady faabulous last Sunday or what?!"

Br4d and mute like this.
  5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

mute, that Guidette's one for the spank bank

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The one guy that followed her for like 10 mins was extremely creepy, but the majority of the guys, it wasn't harassment. This should have been like a 2 min video at best.

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Meh, she's not that hot. Of course, I'd hit it, goes without saying, but some of you guys need to understand theres a whole world out there on the internet if spank material is what you're after.

Most that wasn't really even rude, let alone harassment.

8. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Well chances are that she'll get her Good Morning America appearance as this vid has gone national. She won. Keep donating America.

Ima usin Tapatalkie.

9. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I honestly dont see much of reckless cat calling anymore as say a decade ago (but then again, its not like was paying attention or understood why guys did it). Maybe due to social media, most of the easy attention whores are on FB and IG most guys just holla through there.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This video reminds me of:

[​IMG]
    _

11. john90

john90 Member

I don't know maybe I am in thr minority but I don't see this as harassment. This is nothing new in bigger cities. Growing up in NY this is the norm.

12. john90

john90 Member

I don't know maybe I am in thr minority but I don't see this as harassment. This is nothing new in bigger cities. Growing up in NY this is the norm.

13. mute

mute Well-Known Member

The director of the video : https://www.reddit.com/r/nyc/comments/2kkyq6/10_hours_of_walking_in_nyc_as_a_woman/clmbixi

and then theres this
    : In 2013 out of the $230,000 raised through donations for Hollaback. Emily May the executive director paid herself a salary of $71,706.00. That means that about 30% of every dollar donated is going to Emily May to pay for her rent, groceries, utilities, luxuries, etc... And that's just 1 person, take office expenses, rent, other employees, blah blah blah how much do you really have left to use towards...what exactly? A viral YouTube video to raise awareness? A rally where feminists shake their firsts and congratulate themselves? God damn it I should start a charity like this, living in NY is expensive. Here's their 2013 IRS filing if anyone wants to check things out, I was never very good at fund accounting so I couldn't go too deeply into it. http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2013/273/199/2013-273199988-0a3714f2-9.pdf

[​IMG]

deathstar and Yisman like this.
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

straw man much? Obviously being attracted to someone isn't rude because that is an internal feeling and not even remotely close to what I said at all.

How you express that attraction externally is what determines whether it is rude or not as well as reveals your intention which dictates whether it is meant to be respectful and about her or if disrespectful and what is being said is about the person wanting to simply express themselves which is an act about themselves not her.

15. JetBlue

Obviously being sexually attracted to someone isn't what reflects whether you are reducing them to just a sexual object. It's how you express that that does.

You can't argue that those aren't separate behaviors.

If you see a beautiful woman and turn to your friend and comment "that is a good looking lady" that is different than calling out to her "damn you fine" to bring attention to yourself so she knows how you feel about her sexually. You are trying to argue that they are the same simply because they are based on attraction.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think I don't agree with you. I think the majority of the times people claim a male is reducing a woman to a sexual object is just an example of a guy who sucks at communicating with women.

If I say "damn you fine" to a woman is that really "objectifying" her? I don't think so at all. Maybe I just really, really suck at communicating with women/flirting/am nervous, etc. That's kinda my larger point. I'd argue in most instances where women think or claim a guy sees them as a sexual object they should see them more as having really poor communications skills / manners/ lack of charm. .. "game" if you will.

Where as I could be looking at her as purely a potential sexual conquest only, an object, if you will, and approach her with charm and manners and the only difference is the delivery...

IDK, I'm not saying that there aren't outliers to either situation or that there aren't a great deal of men who treat women like objects. All I am saying is that it gets thrown around way too much by women and I don't really think a "cat call" or a guy who sucks at flirting is doing that but nowadays people say it is every time.

17. JetBlue

Why can't you admire her in private? What's the point of making a big show of it? What are you hoping to accomplish?

Those motivations are evident in how and what men say, and can't just be dismissed as innocent clumsy flirting. Does that clumsy flirting occur? Of course but that is the exception not the rule.

Staring at a woman and hollering at her isn't flirting.

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

just seen this posted elsewhere. Delete pls.

#38 gustoonarmy, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  19. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Again, if a woman goes out for a walk in public with a film crew to get a reaction and she gets that reaction, is that really objectifying her or harassing her?

If she took the same exact walk but with a hidden camera from remote locations, would she get the same treatment?

Absolutely not. That was a complete set-up and she got the feedback she was looking for.

_

20. JetNotts

JetNotts Member

It WAS a hidden GoPRO camera in the backpack of the guy walking in front of her,

NYJalltheway likes this.