Geno is a scapegoat

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Innocenti, Oct 27, 2014.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Genos done he isn't the guy,he displays no leadership and he always looks like he wants to kill himself every time he makes a mistake.Geno doesn't have the intagbiles period he just isn't a good qb

2. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

geno still makes the same mistake and isnt improving on it..hes on pace for 31 ints (if he played all 16 games)...worse then his rookie year

3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

One of the most well informed rants I've heard concerning the Jets.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Just because there are other things wrong with the team doesn't mean Geno is a scapegoat. C'mon bro the dude doesn't belong on the field right now and it's painfully obvious.

The 1985er and FJF like this.
  5. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

He has a lower INT % ? He's still fucking terrible. And throwing more picks than a lot of QBs

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Geno is a goat?

7. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Being slightly better than total shit is still being shit.

/thread.

8. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

My point is no good receiver would be good here. I do put some blame the coaching staff for the complete lack of execution on the offense, but they can't do anything about inaccurate passes and turnovers. At some point you just have to put it on the QB. Fire the whole offensive coaching staff while you're at it.

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I didn't even notice your name, so are you going to leave the Jets when they cut your boy Geno? I am sure you are going to say the Jets played him the wrong way or there were no weapons for him. I bet you think he will go to like a Tampa Bay and take them to the championship or something...but you gotta realize that as impressive as he was in college, he just isn't cut out to be a starter in the NFL.

10. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

So in other words, instead of being down the drain, this year, Geno is just in the toilet.

That's just great.

11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Imagine Peyton Manning as the QB of this team. The offense would be solid.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Rex would probably force Manning to run the wildcat.

13. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Or play corner.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Imagine any of the top 10 ranked QBs in the league being on this team and our offense would be solid. A more accurate passer that can get through his reads properly and toss the rock before the rush gets to them? That would mask a lot of the deficiencies of the the OLine and would put the D in a better spot cause the opposition might be playing from behind finally...

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Oh that's right - I forgot. Rex is D coach and wouldn't know how to use a good QB. Unlike other D coaches who happen to have a once in a lifetime QB fall in their lap like say Tony Dungy or Bill Bellidick. My bad....

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

We should just give Rex 10 more drafts to pick a CB or DL in the first round and maybe a once in a lifetime QB will miraculously appear in front of him like a baby jesus.

Until then we should all shut the fuck up and accept Rex because he's awesome or something. I mean look at that awesome D-line he's developed. When your head coach can develop a d-line like that you just let every other unit suffer until the holy ghost appears to bail you out.

17. APK 8

APK 8 Well-Known Member

As soon as Geno blew off that meeting in San Diego that was it for him as an NFL quarterback. I highly doubt that was the first meeting he skipped. A professional cannot decide which games he wants to prepare for properly (New England) and which ones you don't (San Diego, Buffalo) He had no clue this past Sunday. The media is stating he no longer has support from his team mates. The Geno ship has sailed and we now know why he fell to the second round - he's not dedicated to becoming a great player.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I vote for we don't shut up at all, but keep Rex around because he's awesome or something. I understand if you disagree, and I don't blame you. I just think the guy will be a winner somewhere else long before we have a winner here.

19. BookEndTackles 72&79

The fact that Marty plays in shotgun 90% of the time because Geno's footwork and reading a D under center is so bad is enough for me to say he isn't the answer. Add in his putrid performances and I never want to see him take a snap again. The shotgun makes us so easy to defend and it effects the running game negatively and limits the offense. How in the hell a QB so deficient under center rises to a starter level in the NFL is mystifying to me. Geno has shown no ability to read a defense even after sitting back there 90% time in his entire college and pro career. That's enough to pull the plug for me.

freemantoon likes this.
  20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Hahahahhhhhhhhhaaaaa.

_