Rex will be fired during the bye week.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by abyzmul, Oct 5, 2014.

1. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

He drafted your boy Geno.

74 and Bill Belichdouche like this.
  2. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Why couldn't Idzik just say Rex is the coach the rest of the season. What is this game by game shit. The same stuff they said about the starting Qb position last year. They wouldn't name a starting Qb even when everyone knew it was going to be Geno. It's retarded. I'm not a Rex fan and think he deserved to be fired two years ago but show a little respect. Anyways there is nobody with head coaching experience on his staff. Give him the rest of the year and then show him the door.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Rex has needed to go since 2012 when he played his favorite Mark instead of giving Tebow a chance. Say what you will but Tim beat Rapeslisburger in the playoffs, something we have never done.

4. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

That thought actually cross my mind as well. He looked suicidal yesterday.

5. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

And interestingly enough, Vick probably should've been the starter, there's nothing wrong with a Kurt Warner situation for a team, Vick could've been that guy for Geno - let Geno ride the pine and see if he can adapt to the pro game. Instead, we're forcing things and, frankly, it's probably cost us a handful of games already this year. Now that the season is in the tank, let's put in Vick to make us 6-10 and put us in the bottom of the top 10. Great plan.

6. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

If we lose to KC and Pitt which we will, and go into the bye 1-9, Rex should and will get the axe

7. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

They seemed to genuinely think that Geno after a good last 4 games last year and supposedly a better command and understanding of the offense in training camp would progress not regress. I didn't think he was horrible against the Patriots he was actually ok. But he's had some of the most terrible games at Qb I've ever seen. Remember that stretch of games with all time low Qbrs last season. But nothing can compare to a 0 Qbr. I could get a 0 Qbr: before I got my ass kicked.

Red Menace likes this.
  8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You could do better, at least you could play from under center. Isn't that amazing?

The jets drafted a QB that has difficulty playing from under center! I thought I had seen it all.

9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It's always darkest before the dawn. Look at the Cowboys this season. Also, the Jets when Parcells became head coach. Things can change quickly.

legler82 likes this.
  10. Mr. Green Pants

Love Rex but at this point, I think it makes sense to fire him. Dude lost the team by sticking with Geno for too long. Nothing gained (except a higher draft pick) by going through the motions under him for the rest of the season. Fire him, maybe it lights a fire under the team and Vick led offense develops some chemistry they can carry into next season.

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Yes he did and I liked Geno and I was wrong just like Idzik was.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

yeah, but before Parcells we went through Kotite, Carroll (funny how that worked) Coslet and a decade of shitty football......Things can change faster these days (cap, etc) hope you're right

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I really don't think that it was his call. I think he was told to play Geno and he did.

14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

No, it's always darkest when you're at the bottom of a pit full of primordial ooze that you've been trying to claw your way out of since 1969, only to find that the pit somehow keeps getting deeper.

15. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I'd like you to name one coach that knows both sides of the ball. None exist.

Every coach comes from one side of the ball - offense or defense. and I can't remember the last time an ST coach got the call for an HC position. So unless you have a lab where you are growing a new HC and have him watching the Robot Chicken wall of TVs running every NFL game ever played, then you are in for a disappointment.

You give Rex or any current D coach a QB like Manning or Brady and after a couple of years they will be considered offensive geniuses also.

PhillyJet52 likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Jim Harbaugh knows both sides of the ball but his expertise is on the offensive side of the ball. David Shaw also is similar in that regard. I just want a HC that holds the entire team accountable and puts all 53 players in the best situation to succeed. Coordinators can only do so much.

Belichick changed the philosophy on offense with the help of Charlie Weis. BB became a better coach because of it.

I was hoping Rex could improve into a more well rounded coach in his tenure but I was wrong. That's all on Rex because he had the chance to do so.

17. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It's OK for you to be wrong as you are not getting paid millions of dollars to evaluate talent like Idzik is.

18. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Harbaugh knows both sides of the ball? Since when? Anywho, if we don't get better in the personnel department, it won't matter who are coach is.

19. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

1. Harbaugh was an NFL QB he had to face and study defenses. He knows both sides of the ball there's familiarity there.

2. The defense under Harbaugh has been very impressive. Some credit goes to the coordinators but if you compare him to Trestman of the Bears, the defense he's fielding is one of the worst in their history. 49ers may have more talent but they've let go of alot of players via FA and they haven't missed a beat.

I've already been on record that Idzik and Rex need to go and we need a rehaul in the FO.

20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ummmm....... his name's in this thread ;-)

FJF likes this.