why there is hope for the future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dom, Oct 26, 2014.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Rebuilding is one thing but I believe when you are rebuilding that your draft picks are important and must amount to something. If the GM and organization wants to continue to hang their hat on picking Richardson while forgetting that the other picks that were pretty bad are either not contributing or no longer on the team roster ,,,,simply amazing.
    I think if we as jet fans saw a bunch of young guys on the roster taking their lumps but knew there was a light at the end of the tunnel it would be somewhat better/ easier to watch this shit show ! Sadly we are watching this mess.

legler82 likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Young team + lots of cap space = win.

But not sure if Rex is the right HC to lead/develop a very young team. Rex seems to lean on and fall in love with Vets and play them to the end. Holmes, Reed, Bart, Leonard, now Vick, just a few examples.

Rex may turn out to be the best HC ever with a really young team, but not sure we roll the dice there. Too much talent. Too much youth. Too much at stake.

If there's a young college HC under 35 burning it up we may want to look there.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

all the Jets need, and have needed for years, is a decent QB - most other teams seem to manage it, but not this one (and I don't care who the coach is, we haven't had a good QB since Chad (and he wasn't great))

4. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

To add on to this little glimpse of optimism, some positive PFF stats for the Jets:

From a purely running standpoint (ie not counting blocking, catching, penalties), Chris Ivory has the second highest rating behind Demarco Murray.
    Mangold is the highest rated center in the league at +13.9. He has both the highest pass blocking and run blocking grade. The second highest rated is Brian De La Puente at +8.2.
    Amaro is the 15th rated TE, securely ahead of all the other rookie tight ends. Considering rookie tight ends rarely make a big impact, it's a nice little plus. He's also rated positively in blocking.
    Wilkerson and Richardson are the 2nd and 3rd ranking 3-4 DEs in the league, behind of course JJ Watt. Richardson has almost reached his grade from last year, which was the highest of all 2013 rookies. His pass rushing grade last year was -1.1 and this year so far it's +9.1.
    Babin has been a pretty good signing, he has the 5th best run stopping grade among 3-4 OLBs. Positive pass rushing grade.
    Damon Harrison is tied for first for the best run stopping for a DT/NT.
    Demario Davis is rated as the 9th best ILB
    Pryor has the 2nd highest run defense rating of all safeties. He's also the highest rated rookie safety. His grade is also higher than Bradin Cooks.
    Folk is the 4th highest rated kicker for field goals and extra points.
    Quigley is the 3rd highest rated punter.

5. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Dude, what planet are you on? There is ZERO chance the Jets will contend next year.

6. jack handy

jack handy Member

assuming that we get the right coach and right QB how many wins next season?

7. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

I feel like I've seen this thread before :rolleyes:

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Too bad we need safeties that can cover. Stopping the run is the least of this teams problems. Pryor is pathetic in pass coverage and takes downright awful angles that lead to long TDs at least 4x this year

legler82 likes this.
  9. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

After this Idzik Conference there is none, he is nothing more then a clown

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

there is always hope in the NFL and there's no doubt we have talent to win in most positions but we need a competent QB, we need to keep acquiring more weapons for the QB, we need to upgrade the OL. Defensively we obviously need corners and even safety help. we aren't far off, we can compete for postseason as early as next year.

11. JETSrealMCCOY!

Being at the game yesterday was sad but…
    With a new HC, a new QB, addressing our needs at OL, CB, and WR, taking advantage of some of our quality young talent, turnaround can be quick in today's NFL.
    2015 might be high expectations but I could see 2016 being a playoff caliber team.

12. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

why

13. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Dude, what planet are you on. Teams turn around in the blink of an eye this league. The Chiefs turned 2-14 into 11-5 by replacing their QB and coach because they had talent up front on defense and a good running back. Similar situation.

legler82 likes this.
  14. JETSrealMCCOY!

But what did you really expect coming out of that conference???

John Idzik:
    1. Geno Sucks!
    2. Vick Sucks!
    3. The Jets Suck!
    4. Rex is fired!
    5. I resign!

Come on! There is hope for the future it's just hard to see right now.

15. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

-Would of loved to hear all of that Come out of his mouth then hope would be restored, I have no faith in Idzik.

-That press conference was awful even a reporter called him out stating what he said makes no sense.

16. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

there hope for the #1 pick and draft mariota i guess......

17. JETSrealMCCOY!

I would agree. I'm not a fan of Idzik's either, and the press conference was weak, but I didn't expect much coming out of that.
    It's gonna come down to weather or not Woody can grow some hair on his balls, bulldoze this staff and start over???