Head Coaching Options for 2015

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 26, 2014.

1. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

Hue Jackson or Dan Quinn is who I want.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This team is desperate for an infusion of offensive competence.

3. NYJ4LF

NYJ4LF Member

I would like to see where this team would head with an offensive head coach this time around. This team hasn't had an offensive head coach since Rich Kotite in 1995-96. Obviously, we know how that short tenture went. The bottom line is that this entire thing just needs to be re-tooled. I still have some hope with Geno Smith and some of the offensive players that are in place. Obviously the QB position is not all that is to blame. Ultimately, the players have to play, but I just think that this coaching staff has worn out their welcome. They really need a good draft this coming season, and put some pieces together in FA that are important to move the team forward. Focus on what is needed and not get hung up on names.
    It is hard to select a new HC because teams are looking for the next big thing. I think I'd be on board with Greg Roman, but I would also like to see a proven veteran HC that is not afraid to call these guys out on the carpet and show them some discipline. I would think that Jim Harbaugh is definitely worth a look.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

So hire Saban based on Pete Carroll's resume? Oh, that's rich.

How about you stick to Saban rather than trying to validate him based on Carroll. What has he done at Alabama that will translate to the NFL?

5. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

That is not Woody's style. he always takes it on the cheap hiring new coaches and GMs who will come cheap Bradway, Groh, Edwards, Mangeni, Tannenbaum, Ryan and Idzik. He will not pay out money for a hot commodity for coach or GM. He has always hired someone who is not on anyones hiring list and who comes cheap. Not to mention who would want to come to the Jets. Given the zoo with the Jets, the lack of a QB, Idzik's inability to negotiate with FAs in a timely manner and his failure to address roster needs, and the medias desire to create stories by constant attacks it is not a very attractive opportunity. Any HC candidate that would consider the Jets would have to have no other prospects. If the Jets fire Rex they need to send Idzik packing as one could make a good argument that keeping Idzik as GM will make HC job even less attractive.

The sad thing is we have the makings of a very good defense with Rex here if we just had decent CBs. Now that is all going to be blown up.

6. JetsHuskers fan

JetsHuskers fan Well-Known Member

Bill Callahan.

Run_N_gun10 likes this.
  7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I much prefer Frank Solich..... hey he turned Ohio U into a mediocre program, the sky is the limit for the Jets....lol

TNJet likes this.
  8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. JetsHuskers fan

10. JetsHuskers fan

Brady Hoke is gonna be available after November

11. Jerricholic89

Jerricholic89 Member

I think brian kelly would be a good fit. Tough minded and knows offense

12. JetsHuskers fan

He wants to win a title at Notre Dame first.

13. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

kevin sumlin

almbleamal likes this.
  14. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Head Coach: Dan Quinn

Off.Coordinator: John DeFilipo (Raiders qb coach)

QB Coach: Brian Callahan (Broncos Offensive Assistant)

In regards to John DeFilipo I read something containing a quote from Broncos quarterback coach Gregg Knapp claiming he's (DeFilipo) the next Adam Gase.

15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea this sounds greaat...I'm gonna buy my psls tommorow!!!!The Raiders awsome QB coach as our offensive coordinator!!sign me up !!I can't wait.Sometimes I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff

16. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

Oh look its a jackass.

Burnz likes this.
  17. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Reading this thread it seems everybody wants to bring this team towards different direcetions

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I do not want 99.9% of the people named in these posts. Period, flat none...

I want only two things. I want a Ron Wolfe clone as GM and I ONLY want a head coach with an actual NFL head coaching record that is in the positive win category. End of story...done. I'm sick of listening to a bunch of people yammer on about this college coach, that college coach etc... The mere fact some of you are uttering the word "Saban" is asinine. The man left the NFL with his tail between his legs... The way he left is in no way the same as what Pete Carroll did. Saban left the NFL a coward...I don't want him anywhere near our team. That should narrow things down a bit.

Run_N_gun10, JetBlue and freemantoon like this.
  19. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

i don't think i would want any coach who currently or previously coaches or coached peyton. he's basically his own offensive coordinator. so not sure how much credit we could really give any of them. no thanx to dungy ( don't think he'd ever come back anyway) or broncs oc. not sayin it wouldn't work , i just think manning deserves most credit of the offenses he played in.

20. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Stanford fans would be delighted if we took Shaw off their hands. He coasted off of Harbaugh's players and is a horrible in-game coach. NOOOOOO