Now we know why Harvin came cheap..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Oct 18, 2014.

1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Oh shit someone's about to look at your avatar really angrily. Better watch it.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

IDZIK, is about to try to install the airraid.

Watch for Decker and Harvin to line up consistently on one side of the offense, and the dictated playcall will be 'Geno, which ever guy has single coverage over the top, throw it to him underneath'

Which...will be an improvement, since the days of Schitty.

No If we can just get Chris Johnson off the field, and keep Ivory on...

3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

When a team gives up a 1st round pick (plus others) and a year later gives him away for a mid round pick, there is a good reason. Harvin won't be a Jet next year.

4. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Yeah the reason is his cap hit and they have multiple players they need to pay who are more important to the team. Many people on the team have stuck up for him and liked him a lot. So he might of had a few enemies on the team big deal do you get along with every single person you work with I doubt it. Perhaps one enemy was Russel Wilson, who was the only person so far to not be flattering of Harvin, who are you going to stick with. Plus he wasn't a fit in their run first style offense. Harvin is a wide receiver and a running back are you really going to take touches away from Marshawn Lynch just to incorporate a enough touches to accommodate Harvin. Plus they were barely putting him in the game and only throwing screen passes to him I'd be upset to if I was supposed to be a major part of an offense, would i refuse to not go in the game probably not, but we understand he is not a saint and will only stick with the team if we think he is a good fit. That is why the pick is conditional and picking up his contract is no problem, no guaranteed money in the future and we can wipe our hands clean of him if it doesn't work out. You can't just look at one incident that occurred and label a guy a complete waste. You have to evaluate what your giving up, what the contract is, and what is the potential positives are if it does work out, and you know what that is, a game breaking superstar who could be the focal point of our offense for years to come and easy way out if he's not.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Looks like the Hawks were gonna cut him if a trade didn't happen..

Taken from ESPN.com/newyork

Well, evidently there's a disconnect between the FO and the Players on Harvin. The guys that sign the paychecks usually wins these arguments. To their credit, they had full disclosure with Idzik regarding Harvin and JI decided to roll the dice.

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Any halfway logical person knows why he came cheap-

The point is

There is no downside- if he sucks he gets cut

If he's good he gets kept

No extra cap hits

Geno gets a more fair evaluation test next 9 games

Seattle saves money and gets rid of a jerk

Win win win win situation - Just let it play out. Lord knows how so many of us are SO WRONG in hindsight (myself included)

7. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

john is happy

8. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

What is the front office going to say, can you imagine a GM coming to the podium and going, "The truth of the matter is we have to pay other guys in the future so we cut ties with this guy before we got nothing for him." No you say something along the lines of what he did say. Unfortunately the media is, as usual, blowing this way out of proportion.

9. Vanbiesbrouck

Vanbiesbrouck Active Member

Harvin seems like a total nightmare of a human being. Wide-ra-Diva, a less gifted ball-catcher with twice the speed but also double the attitude that we were happy to jettison in Santon-Me-o Holmes. I don't care if you're fighting over a suitcase full of vagina- you don't punch your team-mate the night before the super bowl. What if you broke your hand and couldn't play...and never made another super bowl? He's Eugene Robinson-level ignorant to allow his temper to blow up like that. Percy, why not win the super-bowl today and kick the dude's ass on Tuesday? C'mon man.

That said...fuck it. Our team is an offensive shit show right now. He can be the "all about me" guy here if he wants... we barely have anyone else to throw to. Kerley & Cumberland have been missing in action much of the year, and Decker isn't a me-first guy. He can come in here and talk all of the shit he wants. Just score some fucking TDs.

BleedGreen4ever likes this.
  10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Damn they got my n-word...

11. rsmehta

rsmehta Active Member

Harvin has talent.

People are underestimating how much Rex has changed, and the impact of idzik as the GM opposed to mr. T if Harvin does become a problem.

Harvin is gonna get all the opportunities he is looking for.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Maybe idzik is still cool with a lot of people in seattle's front office. They see their buddy idzik in need of a playmaker (and a reason to keep his job), they want Percy out bc of a "potential" locker room problem.. So they give idzik a call. This sounds like a hook up to me from an old friend. Plenty of players in Seattle dont agree with the move, so i doubt it was as deep as its being blown up to be! (Most likely this is the news bc he's a jet.. Media loves this shit)

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

And if he does cause a disruption a la Santonio in 2011, they can cut him and not owe a dime. The problem with Santonio was that he had a long deal with lots of guaranteed money. Harvin wouldn't. And Harvin is better, he just has more injury concerns.

14. KyleJetfan

KyleJetfan Active Member

Robert Turner punched teammates all the time. This was a MONEY move by Seattle. They won the SuperBowl, paid Sherman, and have more due next year. If you think otherwise, your dumb. Browner followed pay dirt, Breno, whos next?