Jets acquire Percy Harvin!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

Obviously could have used this deal sooner, but whose to say when this deal actually became available. Our goal going forward for the rest of the season is to see if Geno can be a starting QB. We didn't have enough talent on offense to make a fair assessment of Geno's or any other quarterback's ability in our offense. Adding Harvin gives our QBs an actual opportunity to be successful.

mikey likes this.
  2. wampa

wampa Well-Known Member

Depends on the conditions. Cap hit this year is a decent factor but not as important to the jets as the pick. If he stays healthy even if he isn't dominant he could be worth it for a 3rd round pick. 2nd, if we're still picking high, would be questionable and I really hope has some extreme performance incentives attached.

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

my exact thought on this

Jake likes this.
  4. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Harvin must've really burned the bridge down for the Seahawks to dump him for mid-round compensation. They gave Minny a 1st, 3rd, and 7th, as well as signing him to $12.5mil guaranteed.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
    RT @SportsTaxMan: During Seahawks reg-season career Percy Harvin had 23 catches, made $18.3M (@spotrac) -- that's $795,652 per reception.

Still, it's hard to fault the Jets for taking a shot at him at the price we seem to think it took.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Harvin is probably better than any WR who will be available in FA this year, and we have the rights to him now. What we do with his deal will depend on a number of factors, but at worst he is another skilled offensive weapon. At best, he's much more than that. There is probably no CB available who would make a significant difference to this team as of right now.

almbleamal likes this.
  6. JETSrealMCCOY!

He didn't fit in with Seattle so welcome Percy Harvin to The Goon Squad!!! He should fit in great with Rex and the boys!!!

7. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

another terrible move by a terrible gm. this guy harvin is always hurt and a big turd. we just got rid of holmes and now we have this mutt to deal with. at least holmes produced.....not this guy.

and more terrible news....4th rd picks make 600k or so and this guy is looking at 10 - 12 mil. now we are looking at cap hell with no franchise qb signed and no m. wilk extended....

our crap gm needs to be fired asap....no joke he is way out of his league and we as jets fans will be feeling this nonsense till we get a new owner who understands anything other than inheriting daddy's/grand daddy's money.

8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

LOL!!!! That made my day better...he heeee

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

You're either a troll or know nothing about the NFL. Both are embarrassing.

10. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Oh shut up

11. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Love this trade! Get playmakers no matter the position. Still need another outside guy but man was this a great move.

12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Cap hell? Put the bong down.

13. TonyMaC

TonyMaC Well-Known Member

holmes produced?

and cap hell?

really?o_O

somebody hasn't been paying attention… :rolleyes:

14. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I really don't see a down side to this. It's not like we're cutting Jerry rice to make room for him.

15. mikey

mikey Active Member

Yup, conditional pick. Can't beat that.

16. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Say what?

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Paging Leon... White courtesy phone..

Mezz, I have to think this move was in response to all the negative heat Idzik was getting both from the media AND the fanbase. I guess the suckers who buy the tickets and the swag actually do matter. Idzik had to show that he is capable of doing something and not taking years to make thing happen. I think our esteemed new GM just had a "ah hah" moment and realized that in this market, he's gonna have to show results in a much shorter time frame than what he's used to in the PNW.

The negative PR must have gotten to the highest levels of the jet HQ. Most likely Woody took notice of all the negative PR and decided to "prod" Idzik into doing ANYTHING to quiet the noise. We all know how sensitive Woody is to PR since its tied to sales so now he can point to Percy Harvin and say "We're trying to make things better".

Will this help Rex get one more year? Doubtful if Harvin is yet another injury prone Jet with a bad attitude. Thing is , we may have overpaid for damaged goods just to save face and that's disturbing on a lot of levels.

legler82 and mezzavo like this.
  18. kpak76

kpak76 New Member

Actually Doug Balwin is now easily the Hawks best reciever. He doesn't suck, not even close to being that. He would probably be a 1k reciever in a pass first offense. He is a lot like Steve Largent whom us Hawks fans cherish. He's obviously not as good as him, but he has a lot of the same traits Largent does. Baldwin is a fantastic route runner and a good blocker.

Back to Harvin thoug, this makes me scratch my head, but there has been lots of rumblings that he wasn't happy here. I have to wonder what makes him happy though. He was on a Superbowl winning team, was being highly paid, and featured in the offense. What more do you need? I've heard he had personality clashes and was casing grief in the WR room thus leading to his departure. Also he missed 3 days of practice in camp and last years injury plagued season was very odd. It's not the injurys that made it seem weird, but how the decision on what to do with him seemed to change on the drop of a hat. Is he going to get IRed? Is he going to make an appearance, all strange stuff. It seemed like the coaches were not in charge on what to do with him. After hearing more about it, it makes sense to trade him if he was that much of a locker room cancer. Besides we need his cap space to resign guys like Russell Wilson, Bobby Wagner and KJ Wright.

19. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

this year did not really matter. if it began well, fine, maybe they do something. bit the plan is for next year or the year after

20. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

From a personel standpoint I like this move. The Jets need a lot of talent on offense, no more so then at receiver. Harvin fits that need. He's an explosive player and with Decker, Harvin, Amaro, Kerley you can't say Geno doesn't have any weapons.

But this move just feels very reactionary and kind of like a panic move. I always thought Idzik had a plan and this move feels like he's panicking.

legler82 and BacktoQueens like this.