Week 7 Jets @ Pats Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but I think we're gonna win this game. I just feel it. Rex has such tunnel vision that his world revolves around beating the Pats.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The season can't be saved with a win this Thursday, but it can feel that way. Going (2-5) with a win in New England, and a softer final 9 games could give the Jets and fans hope. I don't see it happening though. Rex will get his D ready to take on Brady. Probably rattle him a little bit, but the offense is just so pathetic, I don't see the Jets keeping up. If Geno wasn't so worthless, the Jets would have defeated New England last year on Thursday Night. His 3 interceptions in the 4th were awful, in a 13-10 loss. The Jets are worse now than they were then, the Patriots are better. Don't forget about Darrelle Revis either. Geno locks on to Decker ALL THE TIME. Revis will have a minimum of 2 interceptions on Thursday if Geno does that. Patriots win.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Is Brady playing? I'd hate to see Garappolo come in and kick our ass.

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

2 games until elimination. Win this game and live to fight another day.

2002 Jets were able to win start 2-5 and ended up 9-7. Not saying its going to happen as the Jets dont have Pennington on the bench. But they arent done yet. Just on life support.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm not as optimistic as you but I can't see us blowing out the Pats.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  6. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

This game will be very close. Since Rex started in NY, f you take out the two obvious outliers that are the 45-3 game and the Butt Fumble game the total score is only 190-161 Patriots in 8 games. Average score would be 23-20 Patriots in those 8 games. Patriots are coming in banged up on a short week without Mayo, Ridley, most like Connolly, most likely Stork, most likely Browner. This game is going to be a dogfight as these games usually are.

NYJetsO12, 74 and Axel3419 like this.
  7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We can beat the Patriots, Pats fans are even saying we can. Its going to be a close game but I'll say Patriots 20 Jets 17. Pats will edge it out.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Superb gameplan from Rex, best against Peyton all season.

NYJetsO12 and tiger8mush like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Good point - you put a QB who locks onto 1 receiver too much against a CB who routinely shuts down No. 1 receivers and you have the makings of an ugly QB performance. We used to be on the forefront of that. Now that script is flipped. Thanks Idzik

10. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Focus on Amaro

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I just read that Amaro was the first jets TE since 1994 with 10 catches in a game. That's pretty impressive for a rookie.

JetLifeLo and Axel3419 like this.
  12. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Even more impressive with Geno throwing his way hehe

13. TheJetLife

TheJetLife Well-Known Member

We have to lose out.Hope we see some good things from the players who will remain on this team, especially the rookies. However, we have to go for a high pick at this point. We need somewhat of an overhaul and a surefire player with our #1 pick.

14. jetsfan06

jetsfan06 Member

Living in Boston and having to see more of the Patriots than I want to see, we absolutely have to RUN THE BALL.

We have to commit to the run and stick with it. Ivory needs 30 attempts.

We should also work to get Chris Johnson the ball in space. Think screens, swing passes, crossing routes.

Their biggest weakness is their LBs. If we get behind earlier and abandon the run they will win by 40. If we commit to the run we can win this.

NYJetsO12 and tiger8mush like this.
  15. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

May start Jace in fantasy.

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Revis will get a pick six and Brady will throw for four TDs. This will be an ugly game if you like Rex or Geno. If you don't then it should be one hell of an evening.

17. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Marty gives up on the run early but then again what do you do when you're behind by 3 scores. To me the biggest surprise of the many areas of ineffectiveness we had Sunday was a complete lack of a running game. I agree about Chris Johnson. Use him as a slot receiver with Ivory and Bilal running the rock. We're short of receivers anyways and he's faster than all of them.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Puncher's chance. Would love to win this one.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

I'm sure glad you're not GM. There's no such thing as a "surefire" player and, more often then not, a losing mentality broods losses year after year after year.

The only way for a team to get better is to win games. Drafting 1st overall and 15th overall certainly is a difference, but it's not enough (in and of itself) to justify tanking. If we lose out Rex obviously goes and many of our free agents probably go as well; he'll recruit some of our front 7 (our top players) and take them away with him to his next team... maybe not, but that's what he did when he left the Ravens. Our players won't have any hope going into the next season and free agents won't want to sign with us. A new coach will come in and rebuild the team, but more likely than not, our team's likelihood for success will be delayed by another 4-5 years.

Is the number 1 overall pick worth that?

It would only be worth it if we pick the next Andrew Luck. Do we have that in Mariota?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  20. Billever1976

Billever1976 New Member

Bills fan here...I will be pulling for your team to upset the pansies ...let's just hope the refs from the bills game dont follow tommy and the hoodie back to foxboro....this past game was the most bias one sided reffed game I have seen in my 28 years of watching the game.....bad calls all around this year...it's starting to bring into question the integrity of the game...you may beat the pats but you will never beat the refs

NYJetsO12 likes this.