Revis?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Oct 8, 2014.

?

If Revis reaches FA this year, do you want us to sign him?

1. Yes

29 vote(s)
    47.5%
  2. No

32 vote(s)
    52.5%
  1. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I'm really quite certain that Rex will immediately have another Head Coaching opportunity if he is released this season.

almbleamal likes this.
  2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

More so than you were about Stephen Hill starting week 1? I wouldn't be so sure about that if I were you. I wouldn't call it out of the question but I find it hard to believe there will be many teams chomping at the bit to sign a head coach who just missed 4 straight years of playoffs while going through 3 OCs, 2 QBs and never developed an offense all while his calling card defense continued to degrade.

I have my money on him taking a dc position in '15. obviously and all that stuff.

TNJet likes this.
  3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Why now? Nothing has changed since we let him go 2 years ago.
    We have more cap, but that is because we let him go. The team has shuffled players, but not gotten better.

If we don't fix this offence, we're paying him 12mil, to lose by less. If you want a mentor, hire a coach. Nothing charged against the cap.

4. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

Why, is a team looking for a loud mouth one dimensional coach that is a terrible game manager and fails to teach his players discipline? Oh right, he'll be the HC of the Raiders next year.

5. MaximusD163

So I made an incorrect prediction, and I happily admitted it. Do you want me to list all the stuff I've been right about? Because that list is going to drastically outweigh the stuff I've been wrong about. Or I can list the numerous things you've been wrong about.

If you want to discuss shit that's cool, if you want to bring up old mistakes I'll play that game. We aren't coaches scouts or insiders, so we're bound to get stuff wrong, so if you want to pick out one bad prediction out of many good ones, it just makes you seem like a douche.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

it's just the same way you went about the whole hill thing. saying shit like you're quite certain and we'll talk week one when ... as if you are just on another level and know the truth.

obviously we're all going to be wrong about shit. I was on the rex bandwagon for quite a while. sanchez too.

when you make statements like the ones I pointed out it rubs me the wrong way. I'm probably not the only one. so if you don't want me to act like a douche stop giving me ammo. otherwise you'll just have to deal.

and if I do say shit like that I expect people will throw it in my face when I'm wrong.

#46 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  7. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey, it's just our situation. We've learned to deal with it. We know we aren't going to win anything anytime soon.

It's not like we have the best QB in the league and continue to fail year after year to win the big one ever since our head coach and team were penalized for being proven fucking cheaters.

9. MaximusD163

It still blows my mind how much Hill deteriorated over the preseason. It's downright amazing that he couldn't keep it together enough to get the starting job that would have been basically handed to him. He's still so much more talented than Nelson or Salas, and I have a hard time believing he wouldn't have more yards this season than David Nelson does at this point in the season. He let the fans and the media get in his head, what a shame.

BTW, however I talked about Stephen Hill was only in response to the attacks from the pissed off posters about "how can you say Hill's going to start?? Hill's a bust!!"

If you'll notice I'm not exactly a confrontational or angry poster, and generally I only get into it with posters with a well known dramatic asshole syndrome. I don't think I need to spell out who I'm referring to.

10. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Could be or better yet he could go to philly to be with his mancrush.

Jetfan76 likes this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Come on, Max. It was really the fans and the media that ruined Stephen Hill?

He couldn't fucking catch with his hands the entire time he was a Jet. Blocking aside, what use was he? If the ball was coming to him, he immediately jumped and formed a cradle in his bread basket.

He's gone. Sack up and admit it. The guy has zero receiving skills.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm in the minority here, I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat and so will most of our fans. He won't be asking in the 12M per range anymore. He's going to be 30 years old next year. The Jets had his best years and if Idzik thinks he can be had he will pursue him.

Woody wouldn't be involved but I'm sure Rex would love him back. He was a leader on our team and what our secondary lacks is leadership. Our corners could learn a lot from him on the field.

If we could get him for a 8-9M per I'd do it.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

If the Jets signed Revis next season it would be admitting a mistake for not signing him this season. I don't see Idzik doing that.
    It's pretty obvious Woody didn't want Revis back and quite honestly that's one decision I can't beat him up for.

14. MaximusD163

I think Stephen Hill is a poor receiver. I never claimed he would be especially good. The only thing that surprised me was the fact that considering how weak our WR corps was/is at the beginning of the season, he visibly got bad enough that he couldn't even make the team. Hill wasn't good, but he had a 40-50 yard game every once in a while. You telling me he isn't as good as Chris Owusu?

That's why I'm surprised he regressed that much he was cut.

15. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Regressed would suggest he was good or better at some point. I don't know such a point ever existed. He just went from getting playing time to having to earn it. When the latter came, he couldn't do it. Similarly if/when Winters is ever replaced in the line-up, I don't think it will be because he regressed. The entire NFL has had a chance at Hill now since we let him go and they passed so that kinds of validates the Jets' decision.

16. MaximusD163

I'm not saying he was ever good, I'm saying he was mediocre at times. When he wasn't hurt he had a few decent games here and there and his drops were catches NFL players should make, but you or I might not be able to bring in. This preseason he got so bad I honestly think I would have been better in there instead of him. He definitely got worse.

17. FabulousDisaster

FabulousDisaster New Member

No for me....I've just gown tired of his holdouts and his drama to the point where I just plain dislike the guy. Plus you can't pay a CB that much money, it's just not worth it imo. If he was a "last piece of the puzzle", meaning if we had a team capable of winning the Super Bowl and adding him could put us over the top I might change my mind.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

This. Let it go.

19. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Sure I'd love to see Revis back in a Jets uniform. I hate seeing him playing for Belichick. He'll probably re-sign at a lower amount to stay with New England but if he has a good year you can never underestimate his greed. He'll take the best deal. Not sure if it's true that he wanted to come back with us this year. But the owner hates his agent anyways and won't deal with them. Because every time he plays well he threatens to hold out. But as a fan I'd love to see him come back. He should be a Jet. PS going to the Patriots didn't make him any friends in the Jets front office.