Week 6 - Broncos @ Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Monty_Droppings, Oct 5, 2014.

1. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

1) If you don't think their defensive performance against us had anything to do with our ineptitude on offense . . . I'm not sure what to tell you.

2) I agree, they look very good. It remains to be seen whether they are actually the best overall team in the AFC. I need to see them handle Denver first.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not basing my evaluation of San Diegos defense based on the game yesterday, again ive been saying the Chargers were very good long before the Jets ran into them. I can care less what happened yesterday, I already knew how good they were.

3. slimjasi

LOL, get over yourself. No one cares. I'm sure if I cared enough, I could go back and find bad predictions of yours as well. Also, it's week 5, buddy.

4. slimjasi

Fair enough. Like I said, we'll see. They look very good right now. I'm not ready to call them the best team in the AFC, just yet.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They are the best team in the AFC or at least right next to Denver, the Chargers appear more complete though imo, that does not mean they will win it though. It will come down to the seeding, if they get the top seed then I expect them to reach the Super Bowl. But if they have to go to New England or end up as a wildcard, its going to be incredibly difficult.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Umm you brought it on yourself, ill continue to pwn you if you want.

7. slimjasi

What, exactly, did I bring on myself? And how, exactly, did you "pwn" me? If you really want, I'll go back and find all of the retarded shit you have posted in the past. It won't be pretty.

8. slimjasi

Also, you do know it's week 5 . . . right?

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Bronco's will win this game. My hope is that Peyton throws fewer than 5 TD passes so that he doesn't tie or break Favres career TD or we'll have to watch replays for weeks and month to come.

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jets win this to get our hopes up and then get blown out by New England lmao

11. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

The real question is should I start Denver's D on my fantasy football team? Lol

12. dawinner127

It's a no brainer. I am

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If this team starts playing bad, I hope they don't start crying when they get booed. I can just see Peyton Manning carving up the Jet secondary like they were a turkey on Thanksgiving. Now when Peyton gets thru with them, I'm not sure there's gonna be anything left for Brady.

Perhaps the best thing for Jet Fans to do this weekend is find something else to do instead of watching this team end their season. This will be the 2014 Jets equivalent to the Alamo or the Little Big Horn. This will be their last stand and it might be Rex's too.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

You brought it on yourself when you were insisting that I was basing my complete analysis of the Chargers over yesterdays game. I was not, ive been saying the Chargers were good, you insisted I was basing off yesterday, I provided evidence that showed ive been talking about the Chargers since August. You got pwned, get over it. You should have backed off when I said I have been saying the Chargers were good for awhile....

15. dawinner127

Weeks ago I was planning on getting tickets for this game. I won't spend a penny on this team to go to a game

Turbocharged23 and LostInMA like this.
  16. The Curse of Joe Namath

Can't wait to see our secondary show case their track team skills, running up and down the field chasing Mannings receivers all day. Should be swell :)

17. slimjasi

1) The post in which you provided your remarks from August wasn't in response to me, and as a result, by definition, didn't function to "pwn" me. You should have backed off when you realized that you hadn't carefully read what I wrote (or, amazingly, even bothered to notice who you were actually responding to).

2) I never "insisted" that you were basing your (absurdly reactionary) assessment of the Chargers solely on yesterday's game, only that it was way too early to be talking about them like they were the best defense in the NFL and that I (not you) would not be falling into the trap of overreacting to them shutting out a bad offense. I also pointed out that the points allowed statistic (Which they lead the NFL in) is a poor metric for evaluating NFL defenses.

Reading is fundamental.

3) It's week 5, guy. The fact that you are attempting to celebrate your predictive prowess for a team five weeks into an NFL season only serves to highlight your relative foolishness and naivete with respect to how an NFL season typically works.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I was not attempting to celebrate anything, that's your own perception on the situation.

19. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

The only way the Jets can stay competitive against the point spread is if they get like two fumble recoveries for TDs. And considering we have like what, 2 turnovers total the first 5 games good luck with that.

20. slimjasi

Short term memory loss?

edit: And what's hilarious is that it wasn't even addressed to me, because, as I just pointed out, I wasn't even arguing that you didn't predict SD would be good. But, let's not let reading comprehension get in the way of trying to sound cool. Clown.