Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless speaking the truth

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 6, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Could not sum it up much better. Idzik needs to go.

2. The Curse of Joe Namath

Yea and Stephen A. apparently thinks that it's cool to beat up women... His insight is irrelevant in my eyes

Red Menace, BigSnacks54 and Brook! like this.
  3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Listened to it earlier, on the money. Idzick did almost zero in free agency, building through the draft is a joke when two picks are playing.

I would love to hear Idzick defend this logic because it defies logic on any level.

NYJetsO12 and Jets69 like this.
  4. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Haven't listened to it but I can't take anything that SAS seriously - the guy is a moron.

5. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

I saw this earlier today and was surprised no one made a thread on this yet. SAS was 100% correct on this, which I was very surprised about due to the "hate on Rexism" that always comes out of ESPN.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Whats worse is he is sabotaging Rex Ryan. Why wasnt the money spent? even it was on one year deals? Instead he gives Vick a 5 million dollar contract, CJ a 4 million dollar contract.

Thats 9 million absolutely wasted, and the excuse is that the Jets are thinking long term, wait a second, in the NFL its not about the long term future, its about next season. He failed, he failed in 2014. He had the 2013 season to waste away, 2014 was go time, thats just how it works, you dont sit around scheming for 2015 and 2016. Its all about next year, and he failed completely.

Emmanuel Sanders was sitting there for a week waiting to get signed, unreal, he could have been added along with Decker. Could have paid him the same price Denver did.....instead he pays Vick (who he doesnt want to use, and Chris Johnson who has been shot)......

Turbocharged23, 74, Professor and 2 others like this.
  7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Both those guys have surprisingly supported Rex through the years.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just listened to the segment and every talking head was spot on. This is just another indictment of a clueless Owner that should just step away and let a real football person do the hiring. I wasn't a fan of Woody Johnson but was willing to give Idzik the benefit of the doubt.

However, once it dawned on me that Woody hired yet another guy that was unqualified to do the job he was hired for, I started having my doubts about Idzik and his "master plan".

The Problem with the Jets is organizational. The Problem with the Jets starts up top with Woody, the billionaire cheerleader that owns this team. His money won't help him become a football guy because he's just not a football guy. Woody Johnson is a billionaire that owns a football team and can do with it whatever he pleases. The league did us no favors by approving his application for ownership and oddly enough, I see a certain symmetry with the Jets and the Mets in ownership. Woody isn't a big enough sucker to have been taken to the cleaners by Madoff, but that might have been simply dumb luck. The reality is, Woody Johnson not only doesn't know a fckn thing about putting together a management team to run a NFL franchise, he really doesn't know much about anything at all except that he can use his inherited money to enforce his will on the Jets and their Fanbase.

He's literally pissing in our faces and with his stupid fckn Jet hat on his bald little head, telling people it's raining. At the prices he's charging, this should be grounds for a grand larceny charge.

#8 Cman68, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
    Turbocharged23, 74, NYJetsO12 and 4 others like this.
  9. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

they both need to go at this point you don't bring in a new GM who doesn't get to pick his coach

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

It's looking like the best thing we may get out of this season is the first pick in the draft, the first in the second round, 1st in the 3rd round, and 1st in the 4th.
    I guess Idzik is happy with our shitty o-line situation as well.
    At the rate Idzik is building our team, we will be competitive in about a decade. Maybe?
    Is said it last night, now Smith and Bayless have said it today..... Idzik wants Rex gone. If Ryan is gone, I bet we lose our D-line when they become free agents.

Different subject..... Does anyone realize how long our defense was on the field yesterday?

NYJetsO12 and mikey like this.
  11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless never form their own opinions. They just read other people's articles and recite the points they make on air. I don't even think they watch the games on Sundays.

It's obvious to me that Stephen A. Smith founded his entire argument based off of Manish Mehta's article about John Idzik that he published on Saturday. (link: http://nydailynews.com/sports/footb..._campaign=NYDNSportsTw&utm_source=twitter.com)

Every single point he makes comes directly from that article, right down to a couple of lines that he uses directly.

Aside from the fact that these idiots are incompetent and unable to form their own opinions, I agree with just about everything they said.

Pavelboca and 74 like this.
  12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Agree, Idzik is hanging Rex out to dry by leaving him a shadow of a football club.

There was a bevy of wide receivers the Jets could have signed, what about Golden Tate he wasn't too shabby with the Seahawks. I was psyched when the Jets acquired Decker, but, felt at the time it was a stepping stone not the savior on offense.

Idzik is a clown he fits right in.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I have said it from day 1.. Woody is a fukin joke.
    I'm glad I now have people actually agreeing with me.

Anyone who thinks otherwise right now must really have their heads somewhere else..

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

To be fair, most people were very excited about CJ's signing. Not to mention that he would probably be doing better if he wasn't running between the tackles - he should be on the outside, doing screen, etc. Instead he does poorly what Ivory does best - run hard up the middle.

Turbocharged23 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Well said by SAS...Idzik is completely and utterly awful and needed to lose his job immediately after yesterday's game...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

It's absolutely spot on, only the Kool aid fans an Geno homers would disagree

NYJetsO12 and TNJet like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Holy fuck, I read exactly what those two brainless pieces of shit said verbatim on this forum this morning.

They both need a firing squad, worthless fucking hacks that steal opinions.

NY Jets68, Altoona and 74 like this.
  18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Did you guys think woody was a hack when the jets went to the championships game?

Rex has been the spitting image of his father in his philosophy, defense all the time and let's get by with a bare bones offense.

Amaro and Pryor are going to be good players in this league, mcdougle got hurt, it happens, DeCastro was hurt last year for the steelers and he has turned out to be a great offensive lineman.

Andy Reid took a 1-15 KC team and turned them around in a single season, they had a good team but they were poorly coached.

If Rex is fired its not the end of the world, please stop with the overreaction, it has not happened yet.

#18 Red Menace, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No he doesn't but for some reason I don't think you're going to be swayed so I'll leave this alone..

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Not happy with Idzik, no doubt. I love REX but he won't survive this season.

We might as well clean house.