And you guys thought Vick was the better option

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

I know this ... Vick can't be the worse option.

freemantoon likes this.
  2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

exactly.... people need an excuse as to why we are bad, so they are grasping on to "well we just need vick to play and we'd be 4-1" type nonsense. when its clear to any unbiased observer this team is bad top to bottom, not just at QB.

is vick better? probably? is he so much better he can lead a team of scrubs to wins? hell no.

play geno all year, so when the year is over you can say you evaluated him enough and move the fuck on.

the worst thing that could happen is you keep shuffling the two, then next year you say" geno needs more time" and stick with him even longer

ajax likes this.
  3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Vick delivered a 20 yard`laser for 7 points. Should have been a 20.5 yard laser and it would have counted.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Exactly no one has said this. Zero people.

5. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

The jury is not out on Geno Smith, he will never be a starting caliber qb in the NFL. His awareness, foot work and accuracy are absolutely dreadful.

mgjetman22 and freemantoon like this.
  6. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I agree. This season is over now it's time to evaluate the young guys.

7. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

As an outsider, i would love to see the Jets start Amaro at TE. Fuck Cumberland

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

LOL…at this footwork, accuracy and awareness being dreadful following the "jury is not out".

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

I love you guys ! no matter how bad a loss I'm always entertained

10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The jury is not out implies the decision is clear.

11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

LOL at me; it's late and I'm drunk.

12. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

uhhhhhhh vick couldn't score against san diegos 2nd team....he drove down the field on a pass interference call and stil couldn't score...vick isn't the answer....geno isnt the answer...they both are terrible. what will happen is rex will be able to play out the season, geno will continue to be a below average qb, our defense will get scorched by any qb facing them, we will go 6-10, then rex will get fired, idzik will hire his guy from seattle(that defensive coord), and we will have a top 10 pick so hopefully we either use it for qb wr or a play maker.

jerseyjay14 and freemantoon like this.
  13. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

That is so true. Vick wasn't the starter and didn't practice as a starter. He just comes into the middle of a 21-0 game. No one is going to do well in that situation. It's like people here don't watch football.

Vick should have been the starter from day one. Geno sucked last year, he is extremely in experienced, that's expected. But we're not a rebuilding team. We don't have time to gamble on Geno and hope he improves.

14. srains

srains Member

Why argue over the fat chick or the ugly one. Under Rex, the Jets are where QB's go to die.

Does anyone argue that under a good coach, both Sanchez and Smith would have been better than they are today? I am not saying they would have been great or even good but not as bad as they turned out.

15. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

TOM BRADY IS THE ANSWER WE ARE LOOKING FOR!

16. Unhappyjetsfan

Yes, I argue this. Both Sanchez and Geno suck and would have sucked under any coach including Bill Walsh and Joe Gibbs.

17. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

I could only imagine if Gina started at our own 5 yrd line twice. Two more pick sixes added and the score would have been even more embarrassing. To start him again is a friggin joke, don't let the door hit you in the ass Rex.

18. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

O-Line sucked yesterday. P. Manning would have had trouble doing anything behind it.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If Rex had half a nut sack he'd give Vick a week of snaps with the ones in practice and a start so he's not coming in cold to a 21-0 situation where the d is teeing off on the pass. But he doesn't and he'll be fired soon anyway.

I don't think it matters much who QB's this week anyway. Peyton is dropping 40+ on this defense.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Smith has been supported by the CS from opening day of camp, and in his second season has a half of football as bad as any i have ever seen in the NFL. Enough already. At least Vick did not turn the ball over, and his problems seemed more to do with lack of practice with the receivers. Smith Fans can't say that about their boy. At this point i have to wonder about Smith Fans, more than ever.

inri2000 likes this.