the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

freestyle baby. so singlets and no underwear.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I knew you were a freestyle girl. Your thumbs must be taped to your index fingers.

3. 74

74 Well-Known Member

helps me cup the balls better

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm guessing your rack is shaped like a diamond.

5. GangGreenBlues

GangGreenBlues Well-Known Member

That would've been valid last year, but this year, our receiving corp is not that bad. Decker, Kerley, Salas/Nelson, Amaro, Cumberland, CJ can catch, so can Bohannon (before injury). No one is expecting this corp to put up records, but this is an average NFL receiving unit.

6. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

fcol...AYFKM? This is not the Jests team parcells took over.

he had a QB in place, and a HC in place. A defense, the majority of an OL.

And chose to play to the press.

Blizzard? this guy saw a cool drizzle in the forecast, and grabbed gloves, and umbrella, a sweater, a raincoat, a hat, and a door to door ride.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Commenting on a guys rack....kind of fey Byz....just sayin...

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Does anyone else out there find it strange that the GM and owner for that matter have not given an interview or quote ? What I am saying is whether or not you like Rex or not as a coach dont you think it's strange that while he is under fire that his bosses have not come out and said one word on his behalf ? I might be reading too much into this but I don't think it would take much for idzik to come out and publicly say that Rex has the authority to do whatever he wants regarding personnel on the field and that goes for any position including the quarterback !,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unless of course Rex cannot or is not allowed to make those decisions then i believe the silence is speaking volumes just sayin

9. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

To say this unit is average, we need to be able to say we are better than about 14-15 other teams receiving cores.

I can't think of 5 teams with a worse receiving core than us. chiefs , browns only if you exclude josh Gordon, and the Patriots. Can you think of more?

Nelson has been a ghost on the field and Cumberland is a disappointment

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ok, thanks. That's what I originally thought.... I was watching at a bar and made a comment about that, and the guy next to me said he was a 4th rd pick. I dont follow the JAGS enough to argue with the guy.

makes the Saunders pick look even worse

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

One very plausible explanation is that Woody and Idzik have essentially guaranteed Ryan comes back next year, and so all three know there's really no need for such public statements.

12. GangGreenBlues

Umm, are Bills better than us (after Watkins they got nothing)? Are Dolphins (Hartline, Gibson and Clay at TE)? So I think we have the best receiving corp in the division. Titans? Are the Raiders better than us with James Jones, Streater and Ausberry at TE? This is just the AFC.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

While Idzik's defenders say his critics are too focused on the short term, what real evidence is there so far of long term improvement on this team? Certainly the draft picks have been questionable. I know much talk was given to the retention of cap space going into next off season. But considering how much a mixed bag his FA moves have been, at best, is there really good reason to think he's going to be much more effective in FA next off season?

He may still do better as he goes on. But there's not much to base any prediction of that on.

Long term means focus on the younger players developing, at least in large part. So there's the DL, I would say Davis and Coples. Okay, there's a solid basis there. But all those players excepting RIchardson were already on the team when Idzik arrived. And it is commonly understood that Richardson was Ryan's pick. We can also expect a few to several good years from Decker and Kerley. Is Amaro going to succeed? likely so.

Elsewhere it's hard to see much progress on the roster, even taking a medium term view. For all the high hopes, the Jets do not seem to be even staying at .500 with any strong confidence.

What will change next year?

14. GangGreenBlues

Well in his first 2 years, the first of which we were in a really bad cap situation, Idzik has brought in Sheldon Richardson, Tommy Bohannon, Chris Ivory, Eric Decker, Breno Giaconmini, and Jace Amaro, 6 players who are playing well for us already. There is a pretty good chance that at least some of his other draft picks will develop into contributors at some point (Pryor, Milliner, McDougle, Geno, Evans, Dozier, Aboushi, IK, Reilly, etc). There are also others like Colon (who people might not like as much), Vick (who hasn't gotten to play yet), CJ, etc. That's really not that bad for such a short period of time. Going forward we will have a lot more money available, so I think so far we are on the right course.

15. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Dolphins have mike Wallace who has 350 yards and 3 TDs. They also have Charles clay and Brian Hartline. They also have Jarvis Landry. There's no way our receiving core is better. Oh and our receiver starting across from Decker is Nelson with 6 catches for 45 yards through 4 games.

Bills, nothing besides Watkins? Have you seen Sammy play?

Raiders have Jones and Denarius Moore.

I guess I'd ask this another way, which of our receivers besides Decker and Kerley would get scooped up if cut tomorrow. Maybe Salas. Our receiving core needed help in the draft, and it still does.

16. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

It has become clear to me that Idzik wants Rex to fail. He ain't getting fired after 2 seasons so he's got nothing to lose. Let Rex fail so he can bring in his own people. Classic upper management fuckery

SouthBayJetsfan4life likes this.
  17. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

smh!!! i hate that this is so true.. I can't see no other reason for it.

18. GangGreenBlues

Hhhmm, missed Mike Wallace, but even if you add him in, is the Dolphins receiving corp significantly better than ours? In my opinion Wallace/Decker is a wash, so is Hartline/Kerley, and are Gibson, Landry and whoever else they got doing much better than Nelson/Salas? Amaro is better than Clay, that's for sure, they got similar stats this year, when Amaro is barely used and a rookie.

As far as Bills, my point was after Watkins, they got nobody else who s really good, so as a unit, we are better.

So, are Jones and Moore better than Decker and Kerley? Amaro is better than their Tight Ends.

Decker, Kerley and Amaro would definitely get scooped. TEs are part of the receiving game. I am not saying we have a great receiving corp, but neither do a lot of teams. Ours is right in the middle of the pack now.

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Dolphins also have Rishard Matthews. Would be an elite slot guy with a good QB. Kerley is good but I wouldn't say he could be elite. The one game Matthews was actually included in the gameplan and targeted he had over 100 and 2 TD's.

Raiders also have Brice Butler and Andre Holmes. Both big guys and fast. Holmes has made some great catches and looks good whenever he gets targets. Butler tore up the preseason, shows flashes of greatness. Of course the Raiders are clueless, they'd rather keep feeding MJD than give Latavius Murray any carries. If they had the next Moss they'd keep him on the bench to play Streater instead. Interested to see how things play out there rest of season tho.

20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Again, I respect your opinion but cannot agree. Nelson and Salas were both cut by other teams and Kerley has a lot of heart but would not start for most teams. I REALLY hope the jets upgrade WR in next years draft.