Interesting Wilkerson Quote

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Umphpool, Sep 29, 2014.

1. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Its only gonna get worse

2. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

It is not like these guys are playing for free. Come on, boys.

3. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

I don't post on here often, but this is crazy. Why is it so hard to fervently root for each and every player? Why must we twist and mutilate every single quote? They practice all week and then go out on the field and perform at 100%. Sometimes the ball rolls favorably, and sometimes it doesn't.

Mo Wilk is the cornerstone of our franchise and maybe us as fans should take his words seriously. Yes the players get paid millions of dollars, but still go out there on Sundays and put their lives and careers (that can be snatched from them in a instant) on the line for 100,000 screaming Jets fans and millions more at home. They know how the game is going, they know it's not up to par with their expectations. To know that and to hear 100,000 "die-hard" fans booing at their performance must be heartbreaking.

If us as fans truly want to win, we need to support our players, our coaches, our management because thats OUR team. Players feed off an outpouring of support, thrive off the confidence of its fanbase. We need to show support or risk losing out on re-signing our essential pieces, or top free agents. Win or lose, I still bleed New York Jet Green & White, and always will.

Vida and rohirrim665 like this.
  4. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Exactly the idea that fans are bad by booing is silly. Least we all still show up.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

What big Mo fails to realize is when you're bad, we're bad and feel it way past the final whistle too, only difference is we pay to watch, not to play and they get paid handsomely.
    We're fans, we care deal with it Mo.

6. gustoonarmy

Are we 3 - 0 ?

7. gustoonarmy

Respect is earned not awarded

8. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

Who are you to say that "respect is earned, not awarded"? are you an NFL football player? Every single player on the field has accomplished far more than anyone on this board can attest to. They made the 53 man NYJ roster, that should MORE than enough to earn respect from the fans.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  9. gustoonarmy

Yeah they get that respect, but they also shouldn't sit back on their collective heels thinking that less than 100% in training and gameday is acceptable.
    Geno comes across as a nice person and a diligent and hard worker, he has my respect for that, but loses a bit when he tosses 'Sanchezesque' INTs.

You are quite ignorant in measuring success by making the Jets 53 man roster and assuming that no one here has done anything worthwhile. There is more to life than football.

10. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

My apologies in that regard, I diverged from the point I was trying to make. They have my respect, and I honor that by exuding confidence week in and week out, year in and year out. Call me an ignorant optimist, but pessimism never solved any of life's problems. I hope that anyone that has achieved success can relate to that. I, and many others, want Mo to be a career Jet, and us fans are only making that more difficult for him.

11. gustoonarmy

I'm not the biggest fan of booing, especially our own teams and agree somewhat that it can be detrimental to actually achieving what we all want, success.
    Two good things have come out of this for me, comradeship in the form of players coming to the defense of another team mate and hopefully lighting a fire under Geno's ass.
    I know Geno told a fan where to go, but I really don't think the booing got to him, he seems as thick skinned as they come.

12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Nobody put a gun to your head to shell out big money for expensive seats.

13. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Wow, how long did it take you to come up with that insightful reply?

14. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

All fans have booed their team at one point or another, every team has dealt with this.

This should not even be news,

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

You get paid big money to play a game. A game in which people waste countless time and money watching you play. No one is bound to watch you, no one's life is at risk. This is entertainment. If they want to boo you then suck it up, be a man, and do better.

16. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Honestly, our fans can be embarrassing sometimes. So fickle and the players know that.
    This fanbase is tainted and will be until we win a superbowl. It is part of the reason we have been so unsuccessful, because we are constantly chomping at the bit waiting to run everybody out of town. Part of that has to do with the fact that some fans are getting old and fear they will never see a SB. Still, it is no excuse to berate your team. You can be frustrated and unhappy, but cheering when your own players get injured, or hoping for them to get injured is disgusting. That whole Brett Favre/Pennington saga = KARMA.

KerleyFries likes this.
  17. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Oh boy everything is against the Jets at that point

18. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

While I don't like the fans who boo after one or two mistakes, I still think this is a crock of shit, man. If the players hear and don't like being booed, how about they play better, harder, and shut the fans up.. I know that can be a little childish on my part, but I, you, or any fan has the right to boo your team... It doesn't make you any more, or less of a fan.

TNJet and 74 like this.
  19. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Hey Mo, then tell Rex to shut his fing mouth about this being a Super Bowl team! Did you forget about that? The Jets brought this on themselves (again) with their inflated talk and to call the fans unloyal or "fickle" when we have been waiting for a championship and sitting in those stands before most of these players were born is a load of crap. There needs to be a serious change of leadership here starting from the top.

74 likes this.
  20. NFL

NFL Active Member

Wilkerson wasn't even a part of the team back then.