Jace Amaro

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ozymandias, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

looks like this kid is finally starting to pan out. yesterday, I saw him getting open a lot. Geno wasn't throwing to him but when he did he caught the ball.

I believe he had about 50+ yards the last two weeks and I expect his production to increase over the season.

out of the 12 picks we had in the last draft, Idzik got this one right. Pryor remains to be seen. McDougle and Evans are on IR so we will have to wait for next year.

thoughts on Amaro?

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

3. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Not sure how Geno was "not throwing to him" Amaro played 24 snaps and was thrown to 5 times. Add in the run plays and that should make you say wow. Geno has definitely favored Amaro and Decker early on. The best stat is Amaro was 100% on catching every ball thrown his way. He looks really good and leads all rookie tight ends through the first quarter of the season. I loved this pick and still do.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

haha maybe not the correct word to use lol.

5. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The one reception I wish he didn't have was the 3rd and 5 early on when Geno decided not to run for a 20 yard gain, stop, and throw across his body for a gain of 3. Whatcha doin kid?

6. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I'm high on Amaro. He's looked really good these last two games. I think he caught a couple of drag routes yesterday and actually looked pretty good after the catch as well as he got up the sideline for longer gains on both of them.

He definitely looks like a player. Might just be a pure pass catcher but there isn't anything wrong with having a guy like that at Tight End. Especially when we need more targets for our QB's to throw to.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  7. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

Agreed I'd much rather have a guy who is an excellent pass catcher and who can learn how to block than a guy who is a small lineman who needs to learn how to catch.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He didn't get a lot of looks, but on the favorable passes (and I'm not talking about that shit decision by Geno to throw at him when he was double covered) he looked like a bruiser. The one play where he fought his way through 2 defenders was nice, but I was a little worried about ball security.

But hey, that al_toon_88 retard said he's Anthony Becht, so apparently we are watching the wrong plays.

9. metjetfan710

metjetfan710 New Member

Have to be happy with him so far, huge learning curve for this guy coming from anything but a pro style offense at TTU. He's already outplayed Ebron so far with an inferior QB getting him the ball. Need to keep developing him in the coming weeks for our offense to have any shred of potency. Does anyone have any kind of analysis on his blocking so far? It's been hard for me to get a detailed look with most of my viewing via shitty streams on the computer.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

I don't want him to block much, maybe a block and a release type thing (all accounts, his blocking is quite poor)...

but he can be the Zach Ertz type TE...the one who can get downfield and separation from defenders with good speed and size (I feel Amaro is quite fast)...

11. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He's an offensive weapon they need to utilize him more. It's crazy that it took this long for them to get it.

12. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Amaro's shown this ability at Texas Tech and I was high on him. He's a work in progress with the blocking and there as an adjustment period coming from the style of offense back at Tech but the tools were at place and he's a competitive guy that I was happy for the pick.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

The guy def has some soft hands, I really like what Amaro is doing in limited opportunities. The one in route he ran, I really liked it, seemed he saw what the defense gave him and made a play.

We should have been doing easy plays like this with him involved from the start.

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I agree use him more. Can't hurt his development

My only critique is that he seems a bit like a lumberer not a graceful runner -but its not about that at TE so it's ok.