Why do we feel the need to blame ANYONE right now?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Sep 26, 2014.

1. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

If you look hard enough you could call a penalty on every single play of every single game. That doesnt mean that you need to. Its come to the point where you cant even celebrate a big gain or a touchdown because you have to worry about a flag being thrown.

And yes I watch enough other games to know that the Jets arent the only team that get screwed by the refs.

The refs right now are all time bad. To rely on them to not fuck something up would be foolish.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Some of you really need to open up your eyes. The future is bright, this is not the end of the world. I look at this team and I am frustrated with the past two losses as well, I understand it. A lot of you are taking it way tooooooooooo far though.

Overreacting has always been a huge problem with this fan base, it's the main reason I don't get on here nearly as often as I would like. Still.. I love this site and the community in general.

With that said...

Some of you, a lot of you, need to take a step back and open up your eyes. If you watch the game, to me, it's clear that we are a far better team than last year. We are a good team that has potential to be a great team if we can just clean up the self inflicted wounds. This type of thing is common with a rebuilding young team, that lack of experience can hinder a team. Luckily for us it is very early in the season and these are mistakes that will most likely make this team stronger as we go further into the season.

If you watch the games you can clearly see that we are making these offense's miserable, even in the GB game we were dominating that whole first half but we unraveled in the second half of that game and we beat ourselves. Inexperience showed it's ugly head, just like it did in the Bears game.

What people don't realize is that despite the fact that we are 1-2, we still have outperformed the opposing team for the majority of these games. We have beaten ourselves and that has got to change if we want to start piling up wins.

If you look at the team stats alone, you can see a huge difference this year from last.

We are ranked:

Offense - 9th in league

Defense - 2nd in league

That isn't bad at all. Period.

Have some patience, it's just the start of the season. A lot of you are going to feel dumb at the end of the year when we are in the playoffs this year making some real noise. I feel that optimistic about this team. Time will tell, surely, but I feel strongly that we are going to make some noise this year. Despite the odds.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I am not sure that the Bears are a better overall team than the Jets, the Packers probably are, the Raiders are not. So based on that, it's even more simple than your formula. The Packers and the Bears both have a better QB than the Jets do, right now - therefore they won. The Jets have the edge on the Raiders in the QB position, right now - therefore they lost.

4. irishwhip03

Im pretty high on the Bears this year so I think they are a much better team than the Jets are. Lions not so much so Im expecting a win this weekend.

QB is about 70 percent of the overall outcome. If you win the QB battle chances are you win the game most of the time. Jets won the QB battle in 1 game outta 3. So 1-2 record fits.

In terms of this week Stafford is a better QB than Geno but as average as the Bears secondary was last Monday , the Lions secondary is that much worse. Geno should be able to move the ball this week.

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You make it sound like whoever has the better QB wins. If that was the case, the Packers, Broncos, and Saints would all be 3-0 right now.

6. NYJalltheway

In my personal season predictions, I picked the Lions, Packers, and Bears to all make the playoffs, and IMO the Lions might be the best overall team of the 3. I don't see any way we win Sunday tbh.

7. irishwhip03

Lions are so good at home and very mediocre on the road. Whereas the Bears and Packers are decent to very good on the road.

Lions could def win on Sunday. Wouldn't shock me in the least. If this game was in Detroit Id probably think we'd lose 40-14. So being at Metlife helps us here IMO.

But to me they are the weakest of those 3 NFC North teams.

8. NYJalltheway

You're asking for help from a stadium that had hundreds upon hundreds of empty seats on MNF. And that's just from what I could see on TV..

9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Simple. We lost two games we could have (and probably should have) easily won. And we further, we lost those games because an important player, who many of us think is incompetent as a starter, has continued to defecate in the bed ... just as many of us predicted. So, to answer your question, when many fans are able to easily predict a problem that the people in the Jets front office and coaching staff were seemingly unable to predict? They get blamed.

I blamed Joe Walton when he ran a draw on every 3rd and long for four years, too.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

because this is america, making sure blame is properly placed is the first thing we do

11. irishwhip03

Oh Im no fan of the atmosphere at Metlife at all. But something about the Lions team changes when you take them out of the temperature controlled Ford Field.

12. NYJalltheway

That i cannot deny. Maybe i should have more faith. It's just hard because between killing ourselves, and getting next to zero calls right, it feels inevitable.

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Of those teams that you mentioned, only the Saints lost to a team with a clearly inferior QB (Cleveland) than the one they have. The Saints lost to Seattle and Cleveland, while beating Minnesota. The Packers lost to Seattle and Detroit, beating the Jets. The Broncos lost to Seattle and beat Indy and KC. As it relates to the Jets this season, Geno, right now, is the inferior QB to Rodgers and Cutler. It doesn't mean that I think the Jets can't beat a team with a better QB than Geno, they proved they can last year beating the Saints.

I really like Geno and want him to succeed. I've seen enough from him to think there's something there that can be molded into a top 15 QB. Right now, the turnovers are an issue, but patience will be needed as he's clearly not a finished product...

14. NYJalltheway

I agree with your 2nd statement about Geno.

However if we're going from the QB controls a team record standpoint. . . um..You think Russell Wilson is better than the elite guys just mentioned?

15. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I agree with everything you said except the part where you said the Packers and Bears are "far superior teams". I don't believe that to be true, evidenced by the fact that we were competitive with both. I think we have as much talent as both of them and are on an even playing field (different story with teams like the Hawks or broncos)

16. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

There sure as hell will be mega blaming going on Monday if we don't put a W up Sunday......if we lose we could be looking at a 4-6, 3-7; record after 10 games. That likely won't cut it even the the jets delusional world.

17. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Our nick cage look a like "GM" is a big problem.

The Giants have an UDFA over there who is better right now than our 2nd rounder will ever be.

I'd offer a 2 and Amaro for Larry Donnell except the Giants would laugh in my face.

Our idiot GM should have taken Jimmy Garoppolo in round 2.

Geno is what he is.

He's Mark Sanchez with a stronger arm and a better 40-time.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I don't believe that Rex is coaching for his job, like a lot of people on the board see to think. Sure if he goes 5-11 he will be fired. But so might any coach. We will not go 5-11. And I am in your camp. I said the same thing. 19 games! Coming from a Pop Warner offense to the pros? We have to be more patient. And watch other QBs. They ALL throw dumb INTs. Geno has to be more efficient in other ways. But he is far better than he was last year.

19. TheSHRIKE81

TheSHRIKE81 Member

I would like to give them more time but I must admit that I'm surprised our WR's and CB's look the way they do. (speaking to Idzik's effectiveness)

This is probably going to be a long season.

20. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Agreed with your point about the rest of the QBs in the league. I've said this before... give me a QB not named Rodgers, Peyton, Brees or Brady that doesn't throw some terrible balls almost every game.