Let's put the blame where it really belongs....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Superhippy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

So things happen in a vacuum? A potential score there has zero impact because a minute later we were in the exact same spot?

Nothing changed other than the loss of a minute?

Is that how the world works?

_

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

lol...I went back to look at the timeline...truly confused.

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

This is more of what I was referring to. He and Rodgers are similar in that they are more comfortable as pocket passers than guys like Kaep, RG3. Vick, etc, BUT they are very effective using their legs also. Some of Rodgers' best games are when he uses his legs also. The all caps wasn't necessarily directed at you, but more towards any idiot who would feel the need to quote me and say some stupid shit like, "Oh, so Geno is the best QB in the league," which is not even remotely close to what I'm saying.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Right?

Every play has an impact on what follows...to some degree or another.

5. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i stated that it was a terrible decision, as was the first pick ... ive been asked my opinion on geno many times since mnf and my initial reaction is to shake my head, i dont make excuses for him. hes making mistakes in situations that ive seen him handle well in the past. ive seen him dirt busted screens, ive seen him get out of the pocket and throw the ball away. its frustrating because hes making mitakes in situations that he knows how to handle

i know you are frustrated and ive seen you go into full panic mode when youve been frustrated in the past but you are way over the top here. if geno sucked as bad as you claim then we wouldnt be a top 10 offense in yards, none of which have come in garbage time

the red zone offense needs A LOT of work but its not only on geno ... on at least 3 of our third down red zone attempts on mnf, mangold, winters, and brick were beaten so cleanly that geno had pressure in his face as soon as he got to his back foot. this is not an excuse, its the state of the offensive line. again, geno needs to handle these situations better but the people around him (including marty) need to realize that the kid is struggling in the red zone and give him a little help ... theres been little around him there (blocking, separation, god damn power qb draws) in the first three games

once again, i didnt say "zero" impact. i said, "it didnt have much impact in the grand scheme of things." this was due to fuller return the pick to the five and the defenses effort when the bears were pinned deep ... you can cry butterfly effect all you want but that turnover ended up being about as benign as a turnover can be

6. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

This fanbase never gave Geno a chance to develop and make mistakes. I don't understand the 'he better be great in his second year' concept. You're not getting a great QB in their 2nd year, especially in a rebuilding team. One thing for sure is that Geno elite accuracy. A lot can be built on that.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

OK so obviously you're a troll. No one has said Geno better be great in year 2 and the only thing he's elite at is turning the ball over.

8. JStokes

So if we're just going on hypotheticals, what if Geno throws ANOTHER red zone INT right there, but a minute later we AGAIN get the ball back in the same exact spot?

Still benign?

When does it become malignant?

You know, in a one score game?

_

9. JStokes

Hey look, Superhippy has a second username.

_

10. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

Exactly, if he throws 5 redzone interceptions in the row but the defense gets us right back there all 5 times is that still water under the bridge?

11. jaywayne12

No..I follow you...but understand my point was not that Geno is a pocket passer ala Manning Brady or even a stiff who cant run. No..you have been clear that you are up in the air with Geno.

Like Rodgers who did us in with only several but crucial runs....I just want to see Geno break a teams back on 3rd and 8 and get the first down. It seems to me that he, every other game almost, falls into the trap of not breaking teams backs with a few crucial runs....he needs to do it enough for teams to put a guy on him in crucial spots..and not enough to become a Vick and get himself killed...fine line.

and I will make one guarantee....he has been told that this week...and he will use his legs against the Chargers this week..and will probably have a good if not great game.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  12. jaywayne12

nothing nothing...scoreboard reads...is that a problem? lol

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That would set us back 5 years.

14. JStokes

Those we be the most benign 5 redzone interceptions ever.

_

15. JStokes

But we have cap room.

_

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Damn you're stupid.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The blame is completely on idiot fans that jump to conclusions about everything.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Fred Durst is officially in self destruct mode.

19. JStokes

Can you say that again but in Hip Hop?

It'd be metaphorical, it'd would tell a story, it would be deep.

_

74 likes this.
  20. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

Don't know what you're talking about username and stuff. As far as football-wise Geno is a very accurate QB. Give him a chance and allow him to make some mistakes, in the long run you'll realize we have a franchise QB in our hand. It could be worst, at least he's not ej manuel terible.