I'll be the first to say it: Adrian Peterson belongs IN JAIL

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by BleedGreen89, Sep 15, 2014.

1. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

It may be true but it doesn't make it right.

At some point the ignorance of the culture in which you grew up in needs to be overcome.

The cycle needs to be broken.

_

2. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

That where the problem starts. Who says what ignorance or who says what isn't? I myself got wipe with belts, switches, and left marks on me. If a few marks on a kids lower body keeps them from being these mother fuckers standing around looking to rob people and kill people so on and so on IMO it worth it.

3. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

And there are probably just as many, if not more, of "these mother fuckers standing around looking to rob people and kill people so on and so on" who turned out that way because they were beaten to the point of bleeding as a child. The mental scars these types of beating leave are far more scarring than the physical.
    You don't beat a child to the point they are bleeding, period. At that point it is assault not a parent punishing a child.

4. Geno007

The one your talking about have been neglected and abused. I don't call a wiping on the ass
    I guess you believe u should give kids time outs? I'm not saying what Peterson did was right or wrong.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Obvious troll.

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Scratchy tissues make for issues…

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I mean it is pretty simple. There is no correlation between ass whipping or not ass whipping and good behavior. The only real connection is that people who have their ass whipped are more likely to whip their kids' ass.

Gotta love when people trot out their dumb anecdotes about how they "turned out just fine". Seems like telling your children that brief pain is the punishment for wrongdoing would teach them that what they did was probably worth it.

8. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

No. You sir are the reason why this country sucks. Stick him in jail with actual convicts, murderers, and rapists. Good one

9. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

You know, everyone had a damn study that proves whatever they want to. I'd rather discipline my children as a parent instead of being their goddamn friend & letting them get away with wrong doing. If its not the brief pain to reinforce the lesson with love & explanation. Then the fucking government & criminal justice system will get them later. Don't think they don't suffer pain from wrong doing sooner or later. There are rules in life - teach them young.

10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Who/What the hell are you responding to? You think beating your kid with a switch and drawing blood and leaving marks that are still there a week later because of a minor infraction on the part of the child is so far removed from assault that gets people locked up? Kids go to jail all the time for shoving their moms and that sort of thing. Trust me, I work with them. And that is many times more justified than what Peterson did.

Chill out. I never even said I'm against ass whipping. I have done it before but I made a personal decision to stop based upon the fact that I felt there were better methods of getting the point across and instilling discipline. Also I felt that spanking on my part was many times based upon my own anger. If people make a choice to do so, that's fine. All I'm saying is don't pretend to know that if there was more spanking there would be less crime or some stupid conclusion like that because it isn't based on anything other than your own experience. And there is no need to set it up as an either/or where you are either striking your children or doing nothing.

Teaching is the key thing as you said.

abyzmul likes this.
  11. southparkfanciz

I'm responding to the general post. No I don't condone what AP did, but to throw him in jail is borderline retarded. I don't know what kids you've seen go to jail for "shoving their moms" but if that's the case then there's a reason why this country' jails are over-populated. Way too over populated. Would start a domino effect, and considering AP turned himself in I don't think that's justifiable. You may now proceed to bash me on a forum page for my opinion.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Never hit my kids, gave them time outs, all in college and never been arrested, guess I failed.
    What he did was absolutely wrong.

MikeSLTJ23 likes this.
  13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Well that answers why I was confused. Because my post didn't say anything about putting Peterson in jail. I agree jails are overcrowded. I do think that maybe he should not be allowed to be around his kids that he apparently has willy-nilly around the country with different women and doesn't even know about but feels that beating them with an object is necessary. Maybe try being a father first...that would be a good start to discipline. Lead by example.

And you can stop being a pussy any time. No need to be so sensitive as to preemptively give me permission to bash you. This is a discussion forum. If you can't handle dispute then this is probably not the place for you.

14. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

Maybe this proves one thing that we all know. Whatever works best for you & yours in your given situation. No ones right or wrong its just different. Which as I type this reminds me how all these people were saying this is normal in the South...

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

What have you ever done that has required courage?

16. Geno007

A lot of kids go to college and end up in jail. Lol. Just kidding. That good to hear some that way works out some don't.

17. joeuser

joeuser Active Member

Not sure who you were directing this at but whoever it was is here on these forums!

18. southparkfanciz

Lmao you just had to throw that last part in there didn't you. The power of the Internet. And yes I wasn't attacking you, I actually agree with what you said.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I hope Peterson gets to walk the streets again and whoop your kids ass. Kids are assholes, they deserve it.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

White suburban wannabe gangsta kids, sure.