The forums are cracking me up today

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreenBlues, Sep 23, 2014.

1. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

How old are you? You realize the Jets had a 10 year stretch of missing the playoffs and then another 5 year stretch. Do you realize it took the 2nd son of God, Bill Cower, 13 years as HC of Pitt to make the Superbowl? Rex is probably the 2nd best coach this team has had since its inception in 1960. You realize it was 1998 the last time we went as deep in the playoffs as Rex had taken us two years in a row? Seriously?

I thought that Sparano was a good change from Schotty and obviously I was wrong. But for all of the groans that were coming out of Philly, and now NY, Marty is probably one of the better OCs we could have landed. Now we have a young roster and potentially a good QB. He at least has shown improvement and he does throw a nice, deep ball....not of the likes I have seen since Vinny Interceptaverde. And while Geno is no Andrew Luck, he has more potential than Sanchez or Pennington. You have to see what happens. Ask the Chargers how things are going with Drew Brees.

Yes I want to win right now too. But its obvious that mistakes were made on the roster and they are repairing the situation. Let this year play out and see how it goes next off season. Polluting the message board with Fire everyone posts and threads isn't going to make a difference. Besides - sometimes you are better of with the devil you know vs the devil you don't know.

FJF likes this.
  2. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

so you are tired of 'rebuilding mode', but you want to fire the coaches and start over?

makes perfect sense.

74 likes this.
  3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You wrote that it took Cowher 13 years to make the "Superbowl". It actually took him four years to make the Super Bowl.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

You are an 8-year plan guy. Quote it for truth, duder.

5. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Holly shit, you are 3-0 in your office poll. You expected them too loose two.

6. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Could be 3 and 0 but we're not

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I can't understand why anyone would give up after 3 weeks. w/ all that has gone wrong we could easily be 3-0. it's not like the past few years where we are getting annihilated in losses. This team is close to becoming a good team, Geno is clearly growing but going through growing pains. we need to rely on the ground game a little more to take some pressure off him especially when his top weapon is out of the game.

we also had a starter that was in year 5 of his career and starting opening day for the first time(and was a 7th rd pick). a QB who never started and finished a game in which the Jets won. a little different from Geno.

Foley started 3 games, was 0-3. 2 of the 3 games he led the O to 10 pts each game(actually I think he was pulled by the time we scored a TD at SL but I will credit him for the TD). In our 2 losses Geno has led our O's to 24(really 31) and 19 pts.

Foley had 1 good game in 1998, Geno has had 1 bad game so far and if proper calls are made we are easily 2-1 w/ a chance at 3-0.

Geno may prove to not be worthy of a starting QB job but after 3 weeks it is far from clear and maybe Vick comes in and they go on a great run or maybe Vick comes in and they suck? we don't know but we do know Vick hasn't helped his team reach the playoffs since 2010.

8. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Not to mention we've got a chance in our division and our losses have been to NFC teams

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's one way to look at it I suppose haha.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Jets haven't caught many breaks yet and they've made a few errors. The officials have made at least 2 major errors that went against the Jets. Fire the officials!

11. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

True but we also could be 0-3 but we're not also.

12. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm as impatient as the next guy, and felt we should have been more aggressive in the offseason to be competitive in 2014.
    Idzik is thinking future more than 2014, which i don't particularly like.
    But I'm also not going to overreact to 1-2, or pretend we are not in year 2 of a rebuild.

After the 2012 season:
    we changed GM's
    we purged out our cap
    we replaced all 3 coordinators
    we replaced the QB with a rookie
    we have turned over 2/3 of the entire roster
    we have only 5 starters of the core 22 remaining from 2012
    we are starting a lot of young inexperienced players at critical positions

That is absolutely a rebuilding effort underway, in which this is the second season. The fact that we missed the playoffs in 11 and 12 is about as irrelevant as winning playoff games in 09 and 10 at this point.
    We have a shot at the playoffs this year, but it will take a lot to break right for the Jets. The team is not very talented or experienced at this point, but i see progress thru the growing pains. I stand by my 8-8 preseason prediction, with hopes we somehow reach 9 wins.

Not sure if this applies to you, but those thinking this is a 10 win or bust season, are setting themselves up for disappointment.
    Those are the posters that will bleed from the eyes before the first half of this season is over.

74 and jerseyjay14 like this.
  13. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

it isnt an excuse to call a bad team bad. we are a bad team. we were an awful team last year. 3 years with no playoffs isnt a big deal as long as you are making steps in the right direction. no one needs to be fired.

14. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

10 wins is a pipe dream. we arent going 9-4 the rest of the way. we still have Denver, San Diego, the Pats Twice, The Lions... plus splitting wiht the bills and dolphins seems likely.

15. TutanKhaman

TutanKhaman Member

This is a rebuilding team. We have a very accurate QB who can amass a lot of yards on the ground and air. When a team have that much money under the cap it means that team is not there yet. We have a lot more money to spend. Bet patient!

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Agreed. There are MANY flat out morons on this site. 2 losses and it's the end of the world. What a bunch of stupid darkside fucks.

Jetaho likes this.
  17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Sup Barcs, how ya doin? Darksiders aren't stupid, in fact the intelligent darksiders would've seen this one coming a mile away. Hard schedule, young and undisciplined team, and Geno still has a long way to go. We're still another year away from making any playoff push.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I just want a legit HC. Can't rebuild if the one in charge can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

tomdeb likes this.
  19. joe

joe Well-Known Member

LMAO, from the guy who was bellyaching about the 'bullying' he's subjected to.

TNJet likes this.
  20. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Your post makes no sense at all. You point out that the jets had a "10 year stretch of missing the playoffs and then another 5 year stretch." What is your point... Because the jets have been BAD in the past, we should just accept being BAD in the present/future? If anything, your reference to long dry spells of missing the playoffs should be grounds for demanding better NOW instead of the "let it play out and see how it goes next year mentality." Also, you admit you were wrong about Sparano...did you forget who recruited him? Rex Ryan. In my opinion, Rex is all talk and then people make excuses when the jets (continue to) lose. He constantly brags up his players and his team way too much and the players believe it and don't put in the work. Dee Millner is the textbook example. He has been mostly a draft bust, but every time Rex opens his mouth he has Millner in the Hall of Fame. Millner believes it and proclaims himsekf the BEST CB IN THE LEAGUE in the offseason. Who do you think sold Millner on that if it wasn't Rex? Jordy Nelson?