the John Idzik Thread. (All GM Discussion in Here)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Run_N_gun10, Sep 14, 2014.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

This is only applicable if your roster consist of mostly great players or players striving to be great.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

New nomination for dumbest post this season.

MaximusD163 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Does JJ Watt have a roster of mostly great players or players striving to be great? I don't think Ryan Fitzpatrick is striving to be great. Maybe he's striving to trick another team into giving him a 60M dollar contract.

Wilkerson strives to be great on a team that doesn't have many great players. DeMario Davis looks to be doing the same thing, as he's having a breakout season. They critique their game and improve it by how they and the coaches see it.

Hell we could go back to Mean Joe Greene from the Steeler days, once he arrived he completely changed the culture of the franchise forever.

4. legler82

Fuller is equally adept at playing man as he is in zone. Go watch his Bama tape. Watch the job he did against the Bama WRs which includes Cooper who is an absolute BEAST.

5. legler82

[​IMG]

Red Menace likes this.
  6. 101GangGreen101

I guess if you cannot understand that simple concept I gave you then continue to post awful GIFs.

#RIF

7. 101GangGreen101

That wasn't my point. Being great in college does not equate to being great in the pros anyway. Rookies (especially CBs) still need players to learn from specifically vets.

His impact here would not be as great as with the Bears.

#RIF

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

LOL troll harder next time. a list of 7th round picks, cheap FA flyers, a mid-round developmental guard, and most hilarious of all, a rookie who we got in the 5th and is going to be a starting ILB next year.

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Lol you should have seen his first.

10. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Meanwhile every other NFL team has 53 pro bowlers on their roster, or so OP thinks.

11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I don't know what to make of Idzik,he seems like a guy that cares about the cap more then anything else.He won't make a move even if its neccsary just to save some money.He seems to love guys who come cheap with injury historys but have potential to pan out but never do.Its to early to judge his drafts but the Millner pick doesn't look like a good one and its to early to tell with Pryor

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I imagine his thought process is along the lines of..."This is a rebuilding/quarterback testing year. 6-10 or 10-6 won't make much difference in the long run. Better to go 6-10 now to ensure lots of 10-6's or better in the future. Let's just not actually state the plan to the NY media, they tend to take such things poorly."

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Honestly, I'm not sure the OP is a troll at all. But his first two posts are thread starters.

The first one was that really inconsequential "Should the Jets change uniforms" thread, which seemed innocent enough.

This one only seems trollish to people looking for it. Hell, anybody on this forum could have started this thread if they got angry enough.

The real problem is that a person with 2 posts has started 2 threads with those 2 posts.

What happened to the limit being put back in place?

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I get with Petro about this. Its getting out of hand.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Wow you are stupid moron!

17. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

The most important omission Idzik made in my eyes was the acquisition of a good/better than Quigley punter. Jesus, that man is hard to watch. Field position is too important for a defense oriented team for this guy to shank kicks left and right.

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Everytime I hear his name, I think of that old Tom Selleck movie: "Quigley down under". Everytime I see one of his punts, I think of "Get Shorty" cause his punts are usually short line drives that are a godsend to the other team. He's poison if the Field Position aspect of a game is still important.

19. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

David nelson ? An current draft picks? You are delusional

20. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with of the players on the list or with Idzik's philopsohy. I like his philosophy of building with younger players and mostly through the draft. But there are red flags. There have been reports he is a very poor negotiator as his reaction time is too slow. I read a report this summer that said Idzik simply moves to slow to react to the FA market. The example used was when DRC signed with the Giants. Insiders reported that Idzik did not have a plan as the market changed on DRC and by the time Idzik was able to put together a plan to counter the Giants offer DRC had mentally moved on and would not consider the Jets redone offer. One of the things I liked about Tannenbaum was he had a plan for every possible circumstance then a plan in case that did not happen and so on. He came prepared for anything that might happen. Idzik if you believe the criticism is too rigid and slow to react and unprepared. Not a negotiator. By the time his brain has arrived at decision the opportunity is long gone. These allegations may be true or might not be true but it certainly is a much better argument against Idzik than ones mentioned above. I think it is far to early to cast judgment on Idzik. I like his philosophy of building a team and saving cap space but I have doubts as to his ability to react to changing circumstances in a timely manner to become a good negotiator.

NYJetsO12 likes this.