Now This is Funny!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 23, 2014.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When did I criticize your argument? How am I following you around? I gave Beast a compliment.

If you're talking about the Hawaii Road Rage thread in the BS Forum where you stated that the link in that thread contains good Hip Hop created by you, you were the one that responded to me and I only began responding to the post of another user.

Maybe you need your own tin foil hat.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes, Geno makes mistakes. That was my point. He's gotta get better in that area, especially in the red zone. That's all I'm saying, damn! You're just arguing for the sake of argument. I never said Geno was the only problem.

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

1-2 is really not that bad. The stats are whats keeping me confident. We cant get fucked by the refs every week. 3 referee interfered plays are the reason we're 1-2 instead of 3-0. Teams aren't outplaying us. We're going to be fine. Especially after we beat NE and SD. we'll be 3-4 going into the bye, then we SHOULD feast on the rest of that schedule as the game should slow down a wholleeee lot as were playing our raggedy division opponents, along with raggedy minnesota and tennessee. Amaro and Ivory should be owning the redzone, along with geno on his feet. We'll get it together.

4. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

That's a load of shit and you know it. Geno has the will and passion. How many times have we heard reports of Geno being the first one there in the morning and last one to leave? It's not that the team isn't trying. They are making mistakes and having difficulty adjusting with key players out. If you had Eric Decker, that's a completely different game on the offensive side of the ball.

LOL at this clown with Skip Bayless / Stephen a Smith level analysis. They played a terrible game. It happens. It's not that you didn't have the will power, the Bears are just a much better team than the Jets are right now. Why is everyone ignoring this very basic fact. They are the better team and they beat you guys badly.

5. JetLifeLo

I agreed with everything but the last half of the last sentence... Chicago didn't beat us badly, we actually could've beaten them badly had we scored TDs instead of FGs on all those Red zone attempts. We had PLENTY of chances to win that game.. just couldn't find a way to capitalize. not to mention the dropped picks, "reviewed" Fumble return for a TD that cost us another 6 that would've gave us the lead. We just lost to a team that is supposed to be way better than us, we'll only keep getting better with time.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I don't think Chicago was supposed to be way better than us. In fact I think we were favored in the game.

7. JetLifeLo

The marshall & jeffery dup alone vs Walls & AA should be a no brainer. That match up alone gave me no hope in winning that game. Plus Decker being doubtful for the game.. might as well say he didnt even play... i didnt think we stood a chance

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Killing it, man. Preach.

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Chicago is not a better team than the Jets right now and no, they did not beat us badly.

Chicago has about two starters on their defense. The rest are third and second string players. Alshon Jeffrey is nursing an injury while Brandon Marshall is having trouble finishing games with his injury. Plus an injury on their offensive line.

That leaves a defense full of back ups, an offensive line with a backup, and their two weapons on offense injured and struggling to stay on the field. That's a better team?

No, we handed Chicago the game. Geno Smith threw a pick 6 giving them 7 points. A punt was fumbled, giving them 7 points. The refs blew a pass interference call, giving them 7 points. We had a fumble returned for a touchdown that was wrongfully blown dead, taking away 7 points from us.

That's a total of 21 points in their favor and 7 of our points taken away. But let's be fair. The fucked up pass interference call wasn't the touchdown, so that's our fault for giving it up in the red zone. So let's make it 14 points.

Rearrange the score from 27-19.

14 points away from Chicago, 13.

7 points to Jets, 26.

Don't even worry about the complete pass interference call ignored on the last play of the game in the end zone.

That's a score of 26-13 Jets win.

How is that "beating us badly"?

Ignore every fuckin missed call in the book and just rewatch the game and please explain to me where you see us getting beat badly? Even with all the fuck ups and missed class we lost by 8

Is Chicago a better team when healthy? Absolutely. They have a very good quarterback, two elite receivers, a very good running back, and a much improved defense. But they are not better than us in the state they were in Sunday night.

legler82 likes this.
  10. 74

74 Well-Known Member

The title of this thread is perfect

11. Jetrik

Jetrik Well-Known Member

You can see that's there's a squad on the field capable of winning consistently. You cannot survive, however, in the NFL if you can't score in the red zone and you turn the ball over at the worst possible time. If they clean this up, the Jets can do some damage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

All these stats prove is how significant the turnover margin is. Don't turn the ball over and you win more football games. Simple. Yet not for the NY football Jets.

13. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Those don't mean shit. I remember a few years ago Chargers where #1 in D and #1 in offense and they still missed the playoffs.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's the entire point of this thread lol

It's sarcasm. It's proof that these statistics are complete bullshit, at least on offense.

Our defense has held true to these statistics.

15. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I will admit I didn't really like this team before the season started. After 3 games even know we lost 2 of them I think this team is a playoff team. We almost beat 2 powerhouse teams and if we stop the turnovers wins will come.

16. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I would guess that every year there are a handful of non-playoff teams that can claim to have "almost beat" 2 powerhouse teams. Not to mention the fact that the 2-1 Bills really did beat that "powerhouse team" and the 1-2 Packers haven't exactly looked like a powerhouse team

Winning is the only thing that matters

17. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

How does he help out our qb. I keep reading that over and over. Has Marty sucked at times..no doubt..but this helping out the qb part. If its first and goal from the 1o and you run play for a 1 yard gain, what do you do to "help out" the qb at this point. I would think the only person that can help out Geno when this happens is Idzik. 2nd and 9 from the 9 and if he calls another run play, petro will have to hire a firm to put the fire out in the server room.

This team and its rushing stats are very impressive...but while Ivory has bursted for a several huge gains, I have seen numerous times where its 1st and 10..they run the ball into a second and 10 or 9 or 8. What can Marty do then? Has anyone seen many drives where we could run 10 times and pass 2 times and we are in the end zone? I think the rushing stat is a bit misleading because the yards have not been in chunks of 4s 5s and 6s. They have been big runs followed by a bunch of 1 yard gains.

Im just trying to think and Im not being sarcastic here but watching these games, I have not been sitting there thinking to myself damn..we should have run the ball there instead of passing. Only after the drive and game is over do you look at the stats and see 4.4 yards per carry...we should have run the ball much more. Geno needs to help Geno and not hurt Geno or the Jets I think...and Idzik got Decker but he has failed to get the guy in the red zone that can get up and catch it in the end zone.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

And yet, if not for two horrific calls and two terrible, unforced errors by our quarterback, we win comfortably.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  19. JetLifeLo

Yeah thats true. We are only like 2,3 unfortunate situations from being undefeated. And two of those were from coaching/officiating. Geno's red zone picks were ugly but IMO the play calls were even uglier. They should've been run plays without a doubt, especially since Ivory was hot in both of the drives already

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Fuck you, moron.