Now This is Funny!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 23, 2014.

1. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

And the real reason.
    Ranked 20th in points allowed.
    Ranked 19th in points scored.

abyzmul likes this.
  2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

being -3 in the take away/give away column doesn't help. It also doesn't help that the Jets Defense is still hasn't picked off a pass and has only forced 2 fumbles....it also doesn't help that the offense has given the ball away almost 2 times per game.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

B i n g o and BINGO was his name o

4. mikey

mikey Active Member

I guess the benefit is that it's easy to find the squeaky wheel. Unlike 2012 where it was like a semitruck with 18 squeaky wheels.

5. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Ok, well I guess that's it. Geno is the worst QB in the history of football and he is the sole reason your team sucks. No reason to analyze anything else at all. IT'S ALL GENO!!! That shit is laugable.

6. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Green Bay was on the secondary, and the Dline not getting that much pressure. A couple terrible calls and that weird Timeout thing at the end. Not one holding against Green Bay was weird too.

Chicago was on the QB and OC. Terrible play calls and terrible turnovers. Defense played well. Geno plays better or we dont get hit with those crippling poorly called penalties, we win.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I said he was one of the big factors, not the only factor. He has been productive between the 20s. Bad pass protection, blown calls on the field and the defense not taking advantage of opportunities are the other big ones along with the spotty play in the secondary. Calculate how many points the Jets have left on the board as a result of QB mistakes and you'll see the argument. I'm not saying that Geno is a bad QB or that he can't improve, I'm saying he needs to clean up that aspect of his game.

Let's take a look at our red zone efficiency:

Raiders:

1. FG
    2. Geno Smith fumble at the 4.
    3. Touchdown pass to CJ
    4. FG. Geno gets sacked for -12 on 3rd down almost knocking us out of FG range after being on the 12 yard line
    5. Had the ball on the 20. Geno gets sacked for -19, and we have to punt.

Packers:

1. TD: Geno rushed it in after GB turnover sets them up at the 17
    2. Ivory TD
    (Geno had a pick in the end zone from the 27, although not technically red zone but a blown FG chance for sure)

Bears:

1. FG after having ball at the 10.
    2. Kerley TD
    3. End zone pick
    4. FG (got to the 4)
    5. TO on downs (got to the 9)

Total points left on board: 15+

TD%: 33% (1 to 3 ratio)
    Scoring%: 66% (3 to 2 ratio)
    Screwup %: 38% (included other end zone pick)

The Jets need to score more TDs and have less mistakes in the red zone, although it could be far worse.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

How about turnovers?

9. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

A bad throw is a bad throw. The point, which has been ignored by almost every hater is that good QBs make similar mistakes. ALL QBs make mistakes, pretty much every week. It's one thing to give someone a pass but to hold someone to higher standards than others simply because he's the QB of your team and you watch him more is silly. It's rare that a non elite QB plays a good without a single turnover or mistake. Even for elite QBs it happens more often than you realize.

The 1985er, BigSnacks54 and abyzmul like this.
  10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So having a higher mistake% than TD% in the redzone isn't worrisome in the least? I guess being a Dolphins fan I can kind of see why your standards are that low.

I'm not holding him to high standards. Geno Smith is tied for 2nd in fumbles and tied for 1st in picks. I'm not claiming he needs to be perfect, just not at the bottom of the league lol. He just needs to clean it up, especially in the red zone. I'm far from a dark sider, but the turnovers need to improve. He looks a lot better than last year, but like last year he is still making big mistakes at the worst possible times. Geno is ranked 14th in passing yards, so it's not all bad.

It makes me think of Tony Romo. He's a good QB in general, but his mistakes come during the worst moments, so they are exemplified.

#70 Barcs, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

That tells me that we are playing well, but making a lot of really stupid mistakes. I don't find that funny. It's more sad.

12. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I generally agree with this. Though to be fair there are some mistakes that seem to now be Geno trademarks, like the ridiculous deep drops compounded with retreating further backwards at the sign of pressure. Geno has 30 or so TOs in 19 games and so far this season it doesn't appear as though that rate is going to slow down. At this point we should come to expect TOs as much as we should expect our defense to stop the run. To expect a mistake free game from any QB let alone one in his second season is unrealistic. Like you said ALL QBs makes mistakes of various degrees. However, the good to great ones make enough great plays to offset those mistakes in the minds of fans. If Geno was the direct cause of more scoring plays (for our side), we wouldn't be focusing on the mistakes as much as we are now.

13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Lmfao. He's nothing like Romo.

#73 74, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Beast is tearing it up.

74 likes this.
  15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

To add to the above post. Geno is also tied for LAST in red zone efficiency (TD%). In 2013, he was ranked 27th for the whole year. This has to improve. My argument is based on stats and facts. Beast's is not. Nobody's throwing in the towel for Geno, just pointing out areas he needs to improve in. Denial of this is dumb.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Stupid is as stupid does.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Why are you adding to my post?

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Because you are following me around like a hemorrhoid looking for ways to attack me personally and falsely at any given opportunity, regardless of the content of my posts. Stop the trolling already. I backed my argument up with stats and facts and broke everything down, yet you still continue to insult me, even when I make great logical posts that cannot be denied. Grow up. If you disagree present an argument. If not, get the fuck outta the thread.

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Your greatest cannot be denied.

20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

We can also go through a bunch of plays this year that had EVERYTHING to do with protection, dropped balls or bad route running. But yes, Geno makes mistakes, I acknowledge that. That's why he's still a bit below average in his stats. Most non top 10 QBs in the league also make mistakes. It happens, you just focus on Geno because you're not winning games. I'm not calling Geno blameless, but he's only a small part of the overall problem, which is lack of talent. A top 10 QB could do better, but everyone else would be meh with the talent you have right now. Yes, Decker being out is a large part of it.