Week. 3- Bears @ NY Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Sep 14, 2014.

1. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If Geno keeps the ball in the field of play the refs have to call the face guarding P/I. Geno bails them out by throwing it out of bounce. Dude waits on 4th down where it doesn't matter to throw the ball only where the WR can catch it.

2. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

Steve Young broke the game down correctly...Cutler red zone scoring...Geno no red zone scoring. It was just that simple overall.

legler82 likes this.
  3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Final attempt: a jump ball to a 5' 9" receiver - great, just great. Time after time in the red zone. Time after time, FGs.

Geno btw on that ball that was deflected that Kerley dove and almost got to had Kerley wide open earlier in the play in the endzone. Complain about the non-calll at the end of the game but the Jets also caught a break on a weak holding call against the Bears at the end that gave the Jets an additional 1st down and still they couldn't beat a patchwork secondary. Where was 6' 7" Sudfeld on that last play? smh…

4. legler82

You are right but considering the time in the game and Geno throwing out of bounce, the refs are not going to call that. They should have though cause they owed us.

5. SouthBayJetsfan4life

SouthBayJetsfan4life Well-Known Member

Bottom line, when this team has little to no margin for error on offense, mistakes cannot happen.
    Geno is still in the learning process.
    He will make mistakes.
    But this team is just not that good to overcome them yet.
    I still see improvement, but he's not anywhere near a "franchise" quarterback.
    We, as, fans, have to be patient.

It's games like this that make me upset with the front office.
    Lack of playmakers in the receiving corps,no depth at cornerback.
    Drafting Brian Winters.

All of that is on Idzik.
    The sad thing is that if this season goes south, Rex will be the one to get fired.

6. The Brit

The Brit Member

New season, same old shit...losing games due to our own carelessness...it's boring in it's predictability...smith is not improving, he's just the same turnover waiting to happen...even our d was shown up...when it came to applying pressure, the bears were far more effective at blitzing than we were...another season fighting for mediocrity...great

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Yea Jay has Jeffrey and Marshall we have practice squad guys and a talented kid who is 5'll

8. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

jets believe mo's knee injury is not serious, per sny postgame

thank god

9. Hugogo

Hugogo New Member

So true. Somehow people have been talking about Idzik like he has some magic plan in the makings, but right now it just looks like he didn't get things done in the offseason. We have almost no depth at any position outside of defensive line and running back, for example. And if anyone should keep his job it's Rex. He's the one making a competetive team and great defense out of very few playmakers..

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Idzdick completely screwed this team. Stockpiled a bunch of garbage late round picks that are completely useless and could of used other picks for trade bait to get us some serviceable players at WR and CB. This crap we are putting at WR (outside of Kerley) and CB are laughable. He completely dropped the ball this offseason and we are seeing the results. He is GMing as if he knows every player on this team beforehand were going to be studs but everyone outside of him knows how below average the talent is.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You have to turn your head is one of the thinks I thought I knew about PI, guess I was wrong. I also thought they were going to crack down on offensive PI this season, guess I was wrong about that

12. Devil036941

Devil036941 New Member

Michael Vick gives this team the best chance to win offensively Geno was rushed from day one.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I forgot about that but even still there was a half to play. our odds of winning go up greatly but nothing was assured.

14. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Legler ... It's "out of bounds" --- BOUNDS. Not bounce.
    I'm not trying to kill you, but if you're a football fan you can't get that wrong. Just sayin'.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The refs were killing the Jets early with calls that really hurt. But on the Cutler fumble it looked like the ref closest to the play was blocked out by Cutler's own body from seeing the ball come loose, and he did see Cutler's knee on the ground. Imo that was a pretty bad play by Cutler, who I don't think is known for poor ball security, but the point is once the ref blew the whistle, which is more likely when it's the Qb in the middle of hte play, the play was dead. At least the Jets got the ball, even if (as I recall) they did nothing on that set of downs.

Meanwhile at the end of the game the refs gave two calls to the Jets that greatly assisted the Jets in what could have been the game tying drive. Those plays were calling first down when Amaro was obviously short of the marker, and that totally Mickey Mouse call on I think it was Briggs for defensive holding. The only thing he was holding was the receiver's aura.

So dont' waste time with the complaining about the officials. They balanced out.

The real takeaway i thought was that the Jets could not score in the passing game against a secondary you would see at the end of a pre-season game. I am sure somc college teams have better players in the secondary than Chicago did by the end of the evening.

Yet they won. Just awful...

16. legler82

Too funny. Have no idea what I was talking about. Maybe bounce for basketball? This team has me thinking about the basketball season already.