2015 NFL DRAFT TOP PROSPECTS

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, May 11, 2014.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Lockett looks to me like he has the ability to be a guy who can get a lot of targets without great size because of athleticism and sound technical skills. He reminds me of Harry Douglas.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Amari Cooper just amazing.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Cooper is off to a great start. Not many are talking about Kevin White, he's an exciting player.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I will now say that Mariota is the greatest quarterback I have ever seen at Oregon. The offensive
    line was minus three starters today and he got his bell rungs six times. He still threw for over
    300 yards and 5 touchdowns. If he isn't the number one draft pick then it will be because he goes
    back for his senior year.

5. Green Hurricane

He's still got some ways to go. He has the most potential if any QB out there, but it's not a lock. Vs MSU he still made some throws a #1 pick shouldn't make.

He could be the guy, he just needs to keep improving.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Not a lock to be the first QB chosen next year or ultimately becoming great QB?

7. Green Hurricane

First QB chosen/#1 pick, so the latter goes without saying.

8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

So who is the best QB prospect Jets can get their hands on, once they go 5-11?

nyjetsmets89 likes this.
  9. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Another receiver is ideal whether it be Funchess, Green, Coates, Cooper, Strong, Green-Beckham or Montgomery we need one.

Is David Harris a FA after this year? I'd take a look at Denzel Perryman.

A pass rusher and OL are needed as well. I'm still holding out hope that Revis will be back next year, but that is wishful thinking. No more high picks on secondary!

10. Green Hurricane

Auburn could have two WRs taken in the 20 or so picks with Duke Williams and Sammie Coates. Last year's class at WR had a ton of hype, but this year could end up just as strong.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Green-Beckham probably won't come out this year, I'd be surprised if he does anyway. He's having to sit out the season after transferring after getting cut by Missouri due to some run ins with police. Though if he does enter those two things will most likely drop him in the draft. I love the kids on field play but his off field issues will spook some folks away.

2 Marijuana charges, one was with a pound of pot found in the car that case is still under investigation. But with the domestic abuse issues of late in the NFL the most damaging allegation is him pushing a woman down some stairs, though no charges were filed. He's a great talent but the off field stuff will push him to mid to late rounds I think.

12. Ozymandias

The upcoming class always looks better, but I really do believe this class is stronger.

It will be interesting to see if NFL teams use Funchess as a TE or a receiver.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I'd like to add CB Tim Bennett from Indiana to the list of good 2015 Draft Prospects. He led the nation in PD's last year, and had 60 tackles. Is currently tied for first in the Big Ten with 5 PD's and had 61 solo tackles last year.

Another player I like from the Big Ten is Northwestern's CB Nick Van Hoose; who is currently a Junior. He's very intelligent, and a very good cover corner. He is going up against Penn St. and Christian Hackenberg on Saturday.

14. Umphpool

Umphpool Well-Known Member

Yeah he does just a loaded draft this year

15. legler82

Haven't seen Marcus Peters listed anywhere is this thread. He's probably the best press man CB I've seen so far in this draft class. He's a bit of a head case and can get grabby but he has the size, speed and swag of a #1 CB. He relies on his technique and not his athleticism which you rarely see in a college CB.

16. KerleyFries

KerleyFries Member

Being a UConn guy thought I'd give some input on one of two decent players that we have. Captain Geremy Davis is 6'3" 215 lb senior receiver and is STRONG. Dude fights for yards on every play and goes up and high points the ball. His stats aren't going to blow you away because frankly, UConn's offensive prowess is downright embarrassing. He still somehow managed 1,000 yds last year, and is on pace for a decent season this year. It's a pain to watch UConn games, but you can clearly see that Davis is the best player on the field week in and week out.

Michigan game highlights

Memphis highlights (broke the school record for receiving yards in a game, QB looked like he was going to have a bright future then retired this season due to concussions.)

17. TouchyFeely

TouchyFeely Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm from CT. Same town Newsome is from. Id take a mid-round shot at Davis. Ultimately the QB play will hold his stock back but what he's able to accomplish despite it is pretty remarkable. Makes you wonder what he'd pull with a Mariota, Mannion, Hill, Cook kind of guy passing to him.

18. Ozymandias

Anybody know if Kevin White played with Geno for the time he was at WVU?

19. legler82

No, I think he was a JUCO transfer last year. I remember watching a WVA play Oklahoma St last year with the intention of watching Justing Gilbert and coming away impressed with White. Gilbert played well but White beat him for a TD if not 2.

20. Ozymandias

Laquon Treadwell, sophmore WR from Ole Miss. 6'2, 229 having a pretty good season so far. Who's to say if he will declare but caught a TD against Bama yesterday.