Predict our record over the next 5 games

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm as optimistic about this team as they come but I'll be absolutely shocked if the Broncos don't shit all over us. That's the only game on the schedule I don't see any hope for. Might as well rest all the starters and have them watch film for the Pats ahead of the short week.

2. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

Why? Because they beat Seattle. San Diego has been doing this for years. They start the season off, beat some good teams, lose very close to other good teams, and then fall apart in the middle of the ty
    There's a good chance we lose but like I said, this isn't the 13-3 Bronco's team from a year ago. They are struggling this year to run the football and it's keeping their point totals in the 24 - 30 range at home against average defenses. Stick them on the road against a tough front 7, and who knows what happens.

I'm just taking it one week at a time with this team. The entire NFL except for the Raiders and Jags is just so even right now. Seahawks look like the greatest team ever one week, lose the next. Bears lose to Bills at home. beat 49er's the next week. Bronco's handily beat the Colts, then struggle to beat a Chiefs team that the Titans blasted the week before. Jet's play shitty and beat the Raiders, then play about as well as we could hope for on the road and lose to the Packers.

From what I have seen so far, I think 10 wins in either conference this year is a lock for the playoffs, and 9 wins will get in atleast 1 team on either side. The Jets need to go 5-3 from here to the Bye week and then win 4 of the last 6. It can be done but we need to win games like Monday night where we are at home against another team that has flaws but is great in some areas like we are.

Big Cat likes this.
  3. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

This would have been a better post is made into a poll. Glad to see no one said 5-0 or 4-1, that would be pure fantasy and nice to see I'm not alone at saying 0-5.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Only if Rex insist on man coverage for most of the game, if he can put his ego aside and provide 2 safeties to help his corners he should be able to limit megatrons production.

5. mikey

mikey Active Member

Agreed. The Chiefs kept it close and ran all over the Broncos. I think our passing offense is a bit better if not, at least on par with the Chiefs. Plus we showed we can hold a high powered offense in check as long as we stay focused. Correct the mental errors and it should be a good game.

6. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

2-3. And honestly I will be OK with that. That would put us at 3-4 and the Bills would be next on the schedule. That gives us a good chance at a 4-4 record at the mid point in the season. If we can do that, I like our chances for a wild card spot.

7. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Superhippy or Superhomer?

Cman68 and abyzmul like this.
  8. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

2-3 or 3-2. One of those, which is fine.

9. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Bills are the team to beat in the NFL. You didn't hear?

10. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think we can go 3-2. The Bears and Lions don't scare me as much as they do other people. Yes there going to be tough games to win but they are in our building. If we play like we played in the first half of Sundays game I think we win both.

I'm not a fan of the Patriots this season. I don't think there that good at all. That's a very winnable game. We should have beat them in their building last year and our team wasn't nearly as developed on offense as it is now.

I say 3-2 which sets us up nicely going forward. We'll see.

11. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I would love to say 3-2 but with our secondary we are going to have to score 30+ points to win each of these games. At this point 1-4 looks quite optimistic.

Jeffrey, Marshall and Bennett should tear our secondary apart. Megatron could have 300 yards against us. Rivers should easily put up 30 points. Manning throwing to Thomas, Sanders Demaryius could put 50 on us. By the time we play Brady the Pats may actually be a good team and we might be quite demoralized. In other words if are going to stand a chance our offense is going to need to carry the team. While the offense has made strides it lost confidence after the INT and I am concerned as to whether Geno can keep up the high level of play up all game that he will need to win these games. In the second half when the Packers doubled Decker the passing offense struggled quite a bit. That combined with the abandonment of the read offense and QB runs greatly limited our offense. Geno will need to run the ball more to open up the passing and running game and the O will need to be very good for us to get through this stretch.

I like the team and I think its an improved team I just hate this schedule and hate our secondary.

13. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

Not making a prediction but 0-5 is quite possible.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I say we beat NE,CHi,and San Diego ,leaving us 3-2 we already proved we could of beat Green Bay and we couldn't even run the ball that game.If we can run on any of these teams its gonna be a long day for them.A lot depends on Deckers injury also and whatever Millners doing

15. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I think I've heard that before. Maybe in 2003, 2008, and 2011 when they started 2-0, 4-0, and 3-0 only to end up winning 6 or 7 games. Lol!

With that said, I'm not sleeping on the Bills. I think they might hang around and compete this year, but we will see. I could easily see us splitting again this year.

16. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

Chicago - L
    Detroit - W
    San Diego - W
    Denver - W
    New England - L

Looks like something the Jets would do..have us panic at 1-2. Then have us hyped as shit going into New England on a 3 game winner after taking down Peyton. And then lose.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I think it's reasonable to wait a couple weeks and see what the injury situation is before proclaiming that. Also, remember that as great of a QB as Manning is, he is slow as shit and although he'll avoid sacks and probably not throw many picks, we can force lots of incompletions with lots of pressure. He may make the right choice and throw the ball away, but with ample pressure we can keep the game really close. We don't have the legion of boom, but most of what Seattle did to make Peyton look foolish in the SB was the pressure from the front 7.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

4-1

I can be optimistic, why not.

I'm most worried about the Broncos followed by the Chargers, Patriots, Lions, and Bears.

The only reason the Bears are last is because you can see how limited Marshall and Jefrrey were. If they can't beat the D over the top it really helps us out big time.

Bush and Calvin scare me for the Lions. Shifty/Speedy running backs still scare me.

Patriots we might split. Brady will hurry us up. Hopefully we can stop their run game in their tracks.

Chargers ball control game is concerning. They can pick apart our pass D with short passes pretty easily. It also negates the pass rush. I don't think our offense is efficient enough to maximize our possessions against them. However, this is the one if Rivers plays poorly or we do get pressure on him, the game basically shifts heavily into our favor.

Broncos, Peyton Manning doesn't look old yet. Thomas can fly by our defense, J. Thomas is a mismatch, Sanders has been productive and P. Manning will hurry us up a lot on defense. A little worried that we cannot take advantage of their defense.

19. DMarsh6

DMarsh6 Active Member

I wonder if this thread would still be so pessimistic if the Jets got that W on Sunday. The Jets played a good game against a great team in their building. Why are we supposed to do worse against the 2 lesser teams in their division in OUR building?

Bears : W
    Lions: W
    Chargers: W (seem to have the chargers number the last few years)
    Broncos: L (I can't ever picture this team losing)
    Pats: W (toss up but f it why not)

Big Cat likes this.
  20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

F New England they look done. We are gonna beat them. If we win one of those games it's that one.