2014 Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetfannerd, Jul 29, 2014.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So apparently the Jets nixed the weekly Vick spot, citing their relationship with ESPN radio as a conflict with WFAN. Of course they neglected to mention Joe and Evan get Mo Wilkerson on a weekly spot but the Jets'll throw 'em a bone since they are Jet fans after all ;)

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Love it. Can't stand the fucker. I don't listen to much radio idk full of ignorant fans and annoying debates

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not me, but definitely somebody that wants to be recognized.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Both this 'new' troll and of course the Mike Fancessa OP other troll.

6. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

He said "I'll take the Jets +12" after saying they were +8 in the beginning.

7. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Why the Jets or anyone associated with the team would even entertain being on this Jet haters show is beyond me.

joe, Brook! and Br4d like this.
  8. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

I'm dying to know the specifics of what happened between Mike and Parcells.....what the heck caused their sudden dislike for each other......?

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

How about Phill Simms to, he had him on his show for years, Francesa kept saying how Matt Simms looks good, yet they moment Phil left his show he starts saying Matt Simms isnt good.

Kinda funny how it works.

10. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

11. abyzmul

LMAO "chicken fran-chaze"

MaximusD163 likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is one of the dynamics of being in a multi-team market. It's very possible that the Jets would be better off just cultivating certain outlets to appear on and completely ignoring others. Mike Francesa has the most listeners in the NY/NJ metro market. If he's just a hater that shouldn't matter though. You don't get positive marketing opportunities out of appearing on a show where 80% of the conversation about your product veers from critical to sharply negative.

It's possible the Jets should be looking to create their own "Milwaukee" media environment by identifying sources that are are positive about the team and that will help them market the team's image and just ignoring the other outlets and letting them hate, which is what they'll do 80% of the time anyway.

The John Idzik interview on Francesa's show last year where Francesa spent the whole interview trying to split Idzik from Rex Ryan is a classic case of a media personality overstepping their bounds and not in a little way.

13. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Great example.

I'll never forget the ending of that interview where I think Francesa was a little annoyed that Idzik wasn't taking his bait and said something along the lines of "well don't get to close to Rex cause that didn't work out so well for the last GM". So unprofessional and classless.

NY Jets68 and joe like this.
  14. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

It's also just not the best idea to put Vick on any show as a weekly guest while he's the backup QB. Media outlets, especially Francesa, will try and get him to take a shot at Geno or something. Especially if Geno starts to struggle. I could see that being a nightmare. The Jets are smart for doing this.

joe likes this.
  15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

As Parcells himself once said, "you are what your record says you are" and Francessa's record regarding the Jets speaks for itself; he knows this himself. And his disengenuous take on this (trying to attribute it to ESPN) is such horseshit - he's a miserable, fat toad.

"Awright, I godda levelwit ya. Yeah, Ibin tuff on da Jezz and yeah I'm….tell ya the trooth I don't like 'enm, I juzz doe like 'em……so Icca see why they doughwanna c'mon heaarh."

16. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

FatFran will credit himself and claim his 'tough love' was exactly what his beloved struggling franchise needed after the Jets win the SB.

Endlessly Counting likes this.
  17. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

francesa is too funny. every time he gets under 500 he starts picking 6 or 7 games a week to try and catch up. if he went 3-0 or 2-1 last week no way would he be picking this amount of games.

18. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I noticed that, he usually picks 4 games but this week he picked a lot more =/

19. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Tuned in and all I heard was he can't talk about it because he would get sued. Anyone know what he was he talking about?

20. abyzmul

He was probably talking about switching to Pepsi.