2014 Week 2- New York Jets @ Green Bay Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 7, 2014.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we are going to be balanced, I think we were almost 50/50 pass to run. we can run and throw the ball.

2. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

I kinda hate the Total QBR rating. For instance, QBR rated Geno yesterday as worse than last year. He made 2 mistakes, taking a sack, and fumbling. The int was a great play. Geno saw him just thought he could get it there, which is what many top QBs do. But somehow those 2 mistakes in the Total QBR system made Geno have the number 20 out of 27 QB performances in the NFL this week when anyone could see how sharp and how well he played?

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I was just watching the highlights of the game on NFL.com. They really have an agenda. They showed ALL of Geno's mistakes and his one positive play (TD pass to Johnson) then they said "he looked shaky" then showed a few positive plays from Carr and saying "he was solid".

4. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Deion was ripping them last night... Fuck them..

The 1985er likes this.
  5. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

This is the absolute best thing that could happen to the Jets though honestly. Rex will use this like fuel like he always does. I wouldn't be shocked one bit of he had someone make a video package of what the Networks were saying about them yesterday, and that is the 1st thing he shows them when they get back to work this week. The Jets get a win, but they are going to treat it like a loss.

On that note, the sucking off of Andrew Luck needs to end. He hasn't lived up to the hype, and quite frankly he hasn't even come close. He's a 61% passer, who throws into double and triple coverage constantly, and get's the opportunity to throw the football 50 - 60 times per game. If the Jets let Geno throw 54 times yesterday like Luck did he would have had 425 yards. He posted an 83.1 QB rating yesterday while Geno posted a 96.6 and they act like Luck is a future hall of famer.

6. JDeacon

JDeacon Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but yeah your right. Luck gets a ton of love for no apparent reason. He has had his great.. good games, but every qb in the league has there good games.
    With as much ball licking as the networks do for him he should be in contention as the best qb in the league not just in their sorry division.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

My first reaction is to say we are getting the doors blown off Sunday. When the GB offense is clicking there is none better except maybe NO and Philly. If this game is played fast, forget it. We don't have the speed to prevent their yac. If this game is slowed and played close to the Los, we just may take it or at least bring it down to the last possession.

8. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Im going to be really upset if the jets front 7 can't a use Rodgers this upcoming Sunday. I don't care if they are coming off a loss. They looked lost out there vs Seattle. Green Bay likes to stretch it vertically.. If we can harass him all game we should be good. Run the ball down their damn throats and make them stop it.

If we are harassing Rodgers all game I can see them trying those quick screens to Cobb and Nelson all gsme. If that happens our DBs need to make 1v1 tackles like they did against the raiders.

I think it's a joke that the jets are getting 8 points this weekend. Jets win 26-20!!!!

9. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind seeing a run-heavy offense next week, but definitely let Geno air it out when needed.

I think our front will get to Rodgers more than expected. Gonna welcome their rookie Center into the league.

10. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

The thing that kind of scares me is that we're pretty much a shittier version of the Seahawks. The Packers just faced the original- not the knockoff- learned from their mistakes, and now have 10 days to prepare for the worse version. I would've been happier if they were coming off of a blowout loss against the Broncos, who are a polar opposite from us.

11. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

The bottom line is with out Rodgers the Packers are a bad football team. He's the straw that stirs the drink. If the jets can rattle him and get pressure with 4 or 5 they have a good shot. If he has time I throw it will be a long day for the inexperienced CBs. Hopefully with can get Milliner back and use AA as a big nickle.

12. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

ARod Cant beat us from the bench.. Ground N Pound their life away and ATTACK that weak o-line non-stop! Like i said in the other thread i expect this game to go just like the Saints game did last year. But they dont have the saints weapons so its gonna be hard for them to attack us. We CAN win this game. I got Jets 20-17

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Welcome AroddtoJennings.

Your post is short but accurate. The team that needs to be nervous is the Packers. And I'm sure they are.

Everything about this game says a NY Jet win. The Packs ONLY shot at winning is for their banged up O-Line to keep AR on his feet long enough and often enough, but that plays straight into the teeth of the Jets D-Line and front 7. It will be a one-man-show against the NFL's #1 ranked defense. Good luck with that.

This will be a low scoring game for both side...almost identica to the Raiders game.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Watching Detroit manhandle the Giants OLine tonite. I gotta say it certainly doesn't hurt my eyes to see such a thing HOWEVER, if the Jets OLine isn't on top of their game (I'm looking at YOU Colon), Geno is gonna need a long hot soak to ease the pain from the hits he's gonna take over the next few weeks. Green Bay is not paper monster and no invention of the "biased media". They are legit and make Oakland look like Northwestern.

Make no mistake people, yesterday was OK but the real tests are yet to come. Green Bay is not Oakland. We had better bring a better game than what we saw yesterday to have a chance of a win at Lambeau.

15. Superhippy

Superhippy Well-Known Member

The Pack went 8-7-1 last year and when Rodgers went down they looked just like the Oakland Raiders, maybe even worse. There is nothing legit about the Packers other then their Quarterback, and even his numbers have steadily declined for 3 straight years.

The media likes to hump teams with big name QB's. That's just how it is. This is why they LOVE Andrew Luck so much even though every indication is that he is an average QB after 2 full seasons and another game. That's why they gave the Dolphins no chance against the Pats and the Bills no chance against the Bears. Football is a game where each team uses no less then 30 players every game. It's the team game to rule all team games. This isn't basketball where one great player can change a 30-52 team into a 52-30 team in a season.

16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

Baluga is out and they have a rookie center. Lacy may not play. The key will be to knock their receivers off their routes and disrupt the timing, allowing the DLine to get pressure. If that happens, this should be a one score game in the 4th quarter. That's all you can ask for in the nfl.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This guys drinkin the koolaid pointing out team rankings after week 1 lmao.

Come on pal, Pack will and should be favorites.

18. BobbyGM8000

BobbyGM8000 Active Member

NYG fan here but still like the Jets since my dad is a long time die hard Jets fan. Just here to talk about football. No BS.

I think the Jets pull this game out. Green Bay got their asses kicked by Seattles D line and i think the Jets are a bit bigger at D line than Seattle so there should be lots of problems for Rodgers in the pocket. Dont think the secondary will be a problem as long as the pass rush is in Rodgers face. He will have his throws but if the Jets can control the trenches, they win. Especially if Lacy doesnt play. Ivory-CJ-Powell should give Green Bays line a problem too. 3 weapons who can make plays anytime and gain yards. Geno Smith should be able to throw too. Hoping for Giants and Jets to be 2-0 after next week. Screw the media and their bullshit

19. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

I expect Kyle Wilson to be targeted early and often!(obviously). Hope he's been watchin a lot of Linda Blair(Exorcist). Get that Fkn' head around Kyle!!! Please!!

Brook!, NY Jets68 and legler82 like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Plus the fact that the Jets have to learn how to play in the fourth quarter, especially if we are miraculously leading the Packers, say by a field goal, and not give up the big play like Carr torched us on with like 6 minutes to go. Get out the Zantac if this continues lol.