What is our biggest problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jtrain, Oct 2, 2006.

?

what is our biggest problem

Poll closed Oct 7, 2006.
  1. linebackers

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  2. Dline

49 vote(s)
    92.5%
  3. secondary

3 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. offensive line

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

What can we say. They played a heck of a game. In my books thats a win.
    Brick shut down freeney. Yea he gave up that play in the beginning but he shut down everybody throughout the rest of the game.

How did yall feel about chad first redzone interception.

What draft pick is barlow worth?

#1 jtrain, Oct 2, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Obviously a un-characteristic pass from Chad, but it happens.

The biggest problem is the run defense...Yes the pass-rush has been below-average...But the run defense has been flat out horrible.

3. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Our 2 biggest problems

1) O-line runblocking- needs to be upgraded dramatically

2) D-line pass rush and run-stuffing- both are pretty much non-existent, and it's impacting not only the line but our LB corps and secondary.

The shining star for this team- our ST unit, I wouldn't tweak any part of that group, 6 stars!!!

4. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Dline-OG-pass rushing LB's.

5. NY-Jets18

NY-Jets18 New Member

we cant defend the run and our pass def is so-so, if we still had abe, with ellis on the other end, i think jets would have been better

6. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

Where's all of the above

7. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Dline and secondary.

8. mem_reddog

mem_reddog New Member

The biggest problem is the Dline. Their horrible play effects everyone else on Defense. They have to tie up the big Olinemen so that the linebackers can use their speed and make plays, instead of getting gobbled up by huge Olinemen, while the Dlinemen that are supposed to be tieing them up are laying on the ground after getting pancaked. This effects the secondary because the qb has all day to throw the ball, and no db can be expected to stick with wr's for that long. This defensive line can't put pressure on the qb and also can't stop the run. They are horrible.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Secondary. It's not the line that's a problem. They are playing better each week, and getting pressure on the QB. It's a 3-4. I don't know how many times that has to be repeated.

You can blame the LBs for some of the problems with the defense, especially the run. They are not getting up there to make the tackles. Actually, they look fooled more often than not. (That's probably a downside to the switch to the 3-4, these guys aren't used to making plays at the line.)

The secondary is where we are just weak. People can say we are young till they turn blue. The fact is, everyone can throw on us. All our DBs are playing 2-3 yards off their man. I understand it's hard to play tough D for CBs with the rules the way they are today, but they are taking themselves out of plays. Miller shows flashes of brilliance, then he winds up letting receivers blow right past him. Dyson takes himself out of plays too often as well.

I'd rather see a few more penalties for PI than so many long passes being made. Show these opposing receivers that they can go up for the ball, but they will definitely feel the hot breath on their necks.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I'm gonna have to go with Pass Rush,big time. yeah,we give up a lot of yards on the run,be like the Bills game,it's between the 20s. Yesterday would have been a win if we had a Pass Rush on those last 2 drives. Manning had all the time in the world on thos drives and that is why we lost

11. akibud

akibud Active Member

I was looking for the option for;

fans who didn't expect to win more than 4 games, but are outraged when the team cannot hold on for a win against a heavy favorite for the SB.

In that case, I vote for D-line, run stuffer and pass rusher, although the latter should come in the form of a LB in our 3-4 scheme

12. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

What about Running Back?

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I don't care if we were projected to be 0-16,we should not have lost yesterday by giving up 2 consecutive TD drives. We had the lead,the home crowd and the momentum.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

right now talent wise I'd say the DL. but they appear to be doing better as the season goes on.

alot of people complain about lack of penetration when there isnt supposed to be any.

the front 3 are supposed to get a push off the snap while the LB's should be filling in gaps at the Line.

yesterday our LB's looked like they took themselves out of plays by over pursuing. maybe they had alot of zone coverage expecting Peyton to throw when they ran.

either way, the DL needs to quit taking the majority of the blame. theres no way Barton and Vilma are both engaged with lineman. and the RB's seem to not get hit until 5 yards down the field.

atop of that, our OLB's were lined up over the tackles almost all game in a 2 point stance. it was completely ineffective and part of the reason we continued to get ran over.

Hobson is too short to engage lineman off the snap and Thomas would be more effective if his blitzes were hidden.

and im not making a pass for what is still a need for more performance from the DL. but yesterday our LB's looked lost and out of position.

15. akibud

akibud Active Member

I feel your pain, but this is not about the projections, or anyone elses opinion. A lot of people here are mad at the outcome of the game, yet, their own personal expectations were for the team to be bad and draft high!!

So they had a shot at upsetting a big favorite and didn't.

Thats not a positive, but I don't think its the same as letting the same thing happen with the Titans,

People who had low expectations, should be more responsible and not get caught up in the emotions of the day,

16. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

I voted D-line, but I really just think that it's an overall mismatch of players-to-scheme, but our biggest mismatch is on the defensive line, having no true nose-tackle, an old end who doesn't have much left in the tank, and another end who is best suited to the 4-3

17. Keeprunning28

Keeprunning28 New Member

What about our RB's

18. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Offensive line is a breath of fresh air from last year. Secondary just plainly sucks in coverage. The linebackers seem lost. The D-Line is horrible.

It's been said plenty of times...We need a RB and NT the most.

19. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

I'm going with E "Not having our own stadium in New York."