Mark Schlereth rips Eric Decker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsclaps, Sep 3, 2014.

1. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

He was just on espn radio with Ryan Ruocco and Dave Rothenberg. They brought up Decker and Schlereth said the following:

He's a marginal number 2 at best.

He'll catch 40, maybe 50 balls.

Jets fans should get used to watching him trip over his own feet and begging for penalty flags when he loses one on one match ups.

Said Emmanuel Sanders is in a different league when compared to Decker.

Basically said he's nothing without Peyton.

Schlereth sounds like a real piece of shit, I'm not sure what Decker ever did to him.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

A former Denver Broncos player hating on a player that left the Broncos.

Prob wishes Decker was still there because, Welker is out there doing molly.

JetsVilma28 and No Fly Zone like this.
  3. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

I think most people would agree he's a number two WR player at best.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

At best? I disagree. Better suited? Ok, agree there.

5. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Marginal was the wrong word, borderline would have been better. Basically he said Deckers ceiling is a very, very low end no. 2

6. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

This screams of an "I hope people talk about this quote" , quote.

Decker isnt a number 1 WR but he'll catch more than 50 balls if he plays the whole season.

He isnt just a product of Peyton Manning. Did he benefit? Absolutely. But he's still a better than average WR.

7. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

He is probably pissed cause of Decker's hot wife leaving the area.

TNJet likes this.
  8. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I wish there was some way we would know what Decker will do... wait a minute, we COULD play the games

9. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Its funny when Mark Schlereth talks about how nasty the Jets DL is and how good they are then he's ok. I liked the Decker signing mostly because the WR corps was garbage. He's a definite upgrade and probably the best WR on the team but I've heard the same criticism about his drops and whining.

legler82 likes this.
  10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

The 50 catch comment probably comes from the fact that in 4 years with the team Tone's most receptions in any year was 52. The last time a Jet had over 70 was when #4 was QB. Big deal, they've never had a 100 catch receiver.

Decker tripping over his feet is ridiculous, he is one of the best route runners in the game.

I don't get caught up in #1 / #2 etc. comparisons, I just care if the guy runs an 8 yd route on 3rd and 6 or if like most that they've had the last few years he runs a 4 yd route on 3rd and 6.

4jetfans likes this.
  11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

as we know Peyton Manning made Eric Decker just as he has Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Pierre Garcon, Demaryius Thomas, Marvin Harrison, etc... all bow down to the great Peyton. Never mind Decker caught 8 TDs from TIM TEBOW and KYLE ORTON- 2 of the worst QBs the league has ever seen.

NYJetsO12, 74, HAYN and 4 others like this.
  12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I HTOUGHT IT WAS 9?

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Deckers not a #1, that will become really evident this season. Denver wont miss Decker at all this season either.

And if you think Deckers going to come in here and light it up, dont count on it. Decker has never done to well against the good corners, luckily when he was on the Broncos, Thomas drew the attention but whenever the Broncos went up against a team that had 2 strong corners, Decker was nowhere to be found. Remember that Tebow game against the Jets in Denver? guess who was the only starter to not get a reception? Decker. Why? because the Jets had a decent 2nd CB, aka Cromartie, who handled him with ease. Need another example? Super Bowl 49? what an atrocious performance from Decker, again 0 receptions.

I think Decker will get around 500 yards this season, but I guess he can prove me wrong.

#14 soxxx, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    legler82 likes this.
  14. nyjunc

who was Seattle's #1 last year? how many "#1's" have won SBs? who was our #1 in 2009 and 2010? who was NE's #1 in their SB years? GBs #1? etc...?

The #1 argument is so silly. Decker significantly upgrades our talent on offense and is easily the best WR we have probably had since Keyshawn. #1, 2, it doesn't matter. he will be productive and he will take attention away from others and help open things up.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ok Junc, tell me right now what Deckers stats will be for this season. You glorify every reciever that comes from Peyton Manning because we all know you like to make it seem that the team carries Peyton, rather Peyton carrying the team.

Decker is nothing special, I dont expect much from him at all this year.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Edwards was our #1 receiver.

17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Decker might not be a true #1 WR, but everyone knows that. He is still much better than anything the Jets have had in awhile.

18. nyjunc

I see you added to your post. you think decker didn't catch a ball b/c of Cro? or b/c the QB completed 9 passes all night?

SB XLVIII, the QB gagging as he usually does in big spots didn't play a role? the only one catching anything until late was Thomas. he deserves criticism for some bad games but to act like those games define who he will be for us is silly. if he stays healthy he will be much closer to 1,000 yds than 500.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  19. nyjunc

a guy who had 35 and 53 recs in those 2 years was our #1?