Dimitri Patterson OK but unexpectedly missed game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by displacedfan, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Great. Now the two sides are pointing fingers, cut the prick and move on.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Something tells me that Patterson is trying to cover his ass so he can't be construed as breaching contract. At this point I think his comments are solely about money.

3. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think Patterson is in full damage control mode. He knows he's going to get cut by us but doesn't want to completely ruin his ability to re-sign with another team. At least if he creates a conflicting report when another team asks about it he can just say the Jets are lying and maybe still get a job. If he just came out and said "meh, I wasn't happy so I bailed" (which, for the record, may not really be the case) well he's got zero chance of getting signed anywhere else. You'll notice he never actually says why he didn't show up, just that he wasn't AWOL, it wasn't related to the depth chart and that his agent tried to call them to advise them that he wasn't showing up. He's giving half a story, probably because the other half will make him look bad or prove that he's lying about the half he's giving. I mean if he had a family emergency or was rushed to the bed side of a dying child who as their last wish wanted to see him for some unknown reason then just say that. The fact that he hasn't discussed where he was or why he couldn't attend speaks volumes to me.

If I were the Jets I would keep him on suspension while all the other teams fill their CB holes through camp cuts and whatnot and when there is nowhere left for him to go then cut him. Stick it to him. He's basically created the groundwork for it himself, just say you have to extend his suspension due to these new details that are going to require further investigation and just sit there and twiddle your thumbs while any chance of future employment dries up.

This assumes that they know the truth and what they have told us is the truth. If there was a legitimate miscommunication then obviously don't stick it to him if you're wrong...but if he bails and then calls you a liar about the fact that he bailed I wouldn't go easy on him.

4. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Add Patterson to this list #cuthimnow
    [​IMG]

jilozzo likes this.
  5. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree Patterson should be cut. But that does nothing to put a decent cb on the field.

6. BookEndTackles 72&79

It might just be a matter of timing until Patterson is cut. The suspension lasts until after the rosters are set. I'm not sure if a team suspends a guy if he counts against the roster limit or not. If the league suspends a guy you are allowed to replace him on the roster. Having him suspended through the roster cut down date maybe gives Idzik a little more flexibility and leverage to find his replacement. It buys time to guage the locker room reaction to this situation and see how the financial situation shakes out as well.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

This is so weird. Like a previous poster said, the fact that he didn't give any indication as to his whereabouts is pretty telling.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I like Idzik but this falls on Idzik, he signed him. He didnt sign Rodgers-Cromartie, instead a 2x Super Bowl winning GM who knows a thing or two about winning, signed him.

(Obviously teams have different needs but the Giants and Jets were in a similar position in regards to CB)

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

More ill-informed garbage.

1 year, $6 mil from the Jets or 5 years with $17 mil guaranteed from the Giants? I'm sure it had everything to do with the GM...

Donttasemebro likes this.
  10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I would rather pay more and lock up a corner long term, sorry.

11. BroadwayAaron

A mediocre one? To each their own, but I guess that's why Idzik is the GM and not a poster on a message board.

74 and Donttasemebro like this.
  12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

That is correct, but unfortunately my father wasn't an NFL coach, which undoubtedly helped Idzik get into the NFL

TNJet likes this.
  13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This whole situation seems very odd. I wonder if he did have a legit reason for missing the game but it wasn't properly communicated and now there's some animosity on his end because he was dealing with a real family issue of some sort and the Jets handled it in a cold business manner.

#313 NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    rohirrim665 likes this.
  14. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Sorry, but there are many on this board who believe Milliner is not injury prone because he missed no games at Bammer. Patterson is just an older version of Dee.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Can anybody account for Michael Sam's whereabouts last Friday at around 7:00 p.m.?

(Rams played The Manziel's on Saturday)

16. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

It's too bad he plays corner and not RB.

I'm all for giving the guy a second chance. I might not feel the same way if he didn't help fill the most glaring hole on the team, but sometimes you get caught behind the 8-ball like that.

74 likes this.
  17. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Just because your a GM in NFL doesn't mean your a good one.

TNJet likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

Signing a mediocre CB to a longterm deal with $17 mil guaranteed when you're a rebuilding team is unequivocally dumb.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're arguing with a troll.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Mmm yes, that cold business manor
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.