Dimitri Patterson OK but unexpectedly missed game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by displacedfan, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

If im Idzik i bring him in anyway. 1. so no one else picks him up, 2. because if healthy i believe he is better than patterson, 3. Patterson hasn't shown anything up to this point to prove his worth and not showing up to the game without a call is inexcusable.

2. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Who gets cut if we bring on Thomas? I have no interest in losing Wilson, Walls, or Lankster, and obviously Milliner. If Patterson is sticking around that makes 5 before Thomas. Do you genuinly expect Thomas to be an upgrade over these guys? I think he'd be our #6 corner, which makes him an unecessary signing to me.

Unless of course they cut Patterson, in which case I'd take him.

3. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

idk if you've ever seen tape of terrell thomas healthy, but that guy can play ball...if not for health concerns i would take him over wilson, walls, and lankster. The vikings just cut Derek Cox, another person we should bring in on a visit. Also who said we have to cut a corner to bring in a corner...there is still some fat on the roster that going to be trimmed.

Turbocharged23 and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. MaximusD163

Wilson is the # 1 slot corner and that's where they want to keep him because he has value there. I love Lankster as our dime CB, he plays down and distance very well and is reliable. Walls is the best option to fill in as an outside CB and he has consistently been in position to make plays. I'll take a pass breakup/dropped pick any day over being out of position. If the front office really wants to pick up a dude who was castoff this summer and spent 2 of the last 3 seasons on IR the entire year I'm not going to complain about it, I'm just saying don't expect much from him. I would not expect Thomas to play outside over Patterson or Walls, so I think it's an unnecessary signing unless we cut ties with Patterson.

5. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

Agreed. I got a call this past December that my dad was found unconscious and was rushed to the hospital. I am in MD. First thing I did was go to my bosses office and tell him what was going on then left to head from MD to NY immediately. My dad died 2 days later. so NO EXCUSE to not say anything no matter what is going on. That takes 30 seconds.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Suspended indefinitely.

Investigation as to why he went AWOL happening now

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Idzik says suspension will be "brief" as they look for internal details.

8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Damn, suspended indefinitely. We have some shit luck. We need to bring in another camp body ASAP.

9. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

again...you've obviously haven't seen thomas play. If you had seen him healthy on the field you would know that he is more talented than all the guys we currently have available to play...I like Walls and Lankster, but lets be honest anywhere else in this league where they have decent corners these guys are special teams or on the bubble. If Milliner can return before the opener and be productive than we are already in a better place than now, but if he isn't and we have to open with either patterson and walls/lankster on the outside and Wilson in the slot, we are in TROUBLE. Bringing in guys like Thomas who is currently healthy and taking a flier on him staying healthy would be smart, start him on thursday and if he cant play cut someone and make it work. If he cant you cut him...another name that just hit the market is Derek Cox had some really good success in his career and now is struggling...id bring him in too.

10. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

and now i'm bringing in both, with news of patterson's suspension.

freemantoon likes this.
  11. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Camp body? We need to bring in a starter.

12. MaximusD163

I have seen him play but his last quality showing was 4 years ago. With the Patterson news I'm all for bringing him in, but I'm just not excited about a nearly 30 year old CB who has had two season ending injuries to the same ACL. I'd be willing to be Walls starts at CB over Thomas even if we sign him.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Should've brought back Cro. Said it then and sayin it now.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I look for them to cut him if they can find a replacement.

15. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

We gonna have a thread for CB's who were cut to look at ?

16. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

[qaximusD163, post: 3042497, member: 16412"]I have seen him play but his last quality showing was 4 years ago. With the Patterson news I'm all for bringing him in, but I'm just not excited about a nearly 30 year old CB who has had two season ending injuries to the same ACL. I'd be willing to be Walls starts at CB over Thomas even if we sign him.[/quote]
    I wouldn't say I'm excited. Id say he's the best corner available between him and cox. If either of these guys can get back to good form they are upgrades. Walls would have a good chance to get a start over them just on knowledge of the scheme but if they bring more ability than you better believe Rex starts him.

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Me too. I bet Cro is laughing his ass off hearing about all this.

18. Geno007

I have to say Idzik did fuck this up,if we signed Cro instead we wouldn't be having this talk.

19. Geno007

And Revis

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep, him, too. This flat out sucks.

It would just figure wouldn't it if Smith actually shines this year, but the season goes nowhere because the Jets give up too many points on pass D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.