The secondary is entering a world of pain...a WORLD of pain

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedGreen89, Aug 16, 2014.

1. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

Drop Kyle Wilson in Fallujah and never let him return

2. NewYorkEveryThing

Let's hope someone gets cut cuz i cannot watch these db's like walls who cannot make a routine gimmie INT . Not gonna even mention Kyle. We should have tried when we had the chance to sign Grimes from the Fins since we had. A boatload to spend. I understand overpaying for a Revis or DMC but we jet fans are gonna be pullin what ever hair we have left when these teams go 2 min drill on us at the end of every game . Eli has looked terrible an if not for our DB situation? Eli wud hav not went on a 91 yard TD drive with our starters in. We wud have really lost bad if it showed any indication of what we are gonna be seeing from our DB's to start our what? 44th season since our fans seen a SB?

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Actually when I posted the salary of each player the offense accounted for about $10M more than the Defense. I was surprised too but I guess that's what building through the draft does for you.

4. Footballgod214

It's really kind of funny how just a few months ago we were threatening to kill ourselves if Idzik drafted another DB. And now we're threatening to kill ourselves if he doesn't.

5. NewYorkEveryThing

Well not in the 1st . 1st is always BPA. It is depth at DB we are in need of. Mcdougle was a project that wud hav seen limited action. Milner will be ready but we hav no backup help is what we are bitchin about.

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I wanted a trade with the Bengals who are mad deep at corner... We could get Adam Jones dirt cheap for some support...

7. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I love Pryor's style and think he was a solid choice, but if Darqueze (spelling?) Dennard becomes a great corner we're gonna be really kicking ourselves in the ass

8. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Darrin Walls played well last night, he may not be able to pick a ball clean but he puts himself in a position to make a play. Hes not getting burned everyy dam down. Would anybody really be upset if the secondary looks like this for the time being : Pyror, AA, Walls, Milliner, and Patterson in the slot. You're certainly not elite in the secondary, but you can win with those guys.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Watching last nights game really calmed my nerves in regards to the secondary.
    I'm not trying to say in thrilled but I'm not terrified like I had been.
    As time goes on these guys will get better playing the position but I'd still keep my eyes open on cut down day.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

millner pryor landry AA patterson in the slot.

11. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I think that secondary would be good enough... Also think Lankster is an option to swap with Patterson or Walls too. Just need this group healthy and Kyle Wilson to stay far far away

12. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

Not sure if it was posted earlier but does anyone know how Dowling has been doing? Does he even make the final roster? thanks.

13. Monty_Droppings

Monty_Droppings Active Member

He didn't play in the 3rd game, he was injured (calf?).

14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

An interesting thought.... with BJ Raji out for the year and with James Starks as the only decent RB behind Lacy the Pack could be a trade partner to land a guy like Casey Hayward. Worst case is he takes over the slot for Wilson. Best case, he starts at CB. I still hate to trade Ellis for him but at this point it has to be considered. First I'd see if they'd bite on either Powell or Richardson as RB depth. Hayward was the top rookie CB a few years ago before getting injured and everything I've read so far seems to say he's again playing very well.

15. Footballgod214

No I'm talking about the 1st round. The only debate on here was which WR would be the best pick until someone (wish I could remember who) started a post: "Idzik just might go DB" and he got killed until ppl started coming around to the idea.

16. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

If you can't watch Walls drop gimmie INTs, then you won't be able to watch Milliner either. They both share that problem.

17. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing after Raji went down. Id be happy trading Ellis ( I think they have big plans for Lacy so doubt they are looking for a RB) for a cornerback or even a wide receiver especially since we are stacked on Defensive line. We need to optimize our roster by trading depths in our strength for holes in some starting positions.

18. freemantoon

freemantoon Active Member

Terrell Thomas was cut by Sea. Maybe give him a look!?

Turbocharged23 and Rockinz like this.
  19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Can we please calm down with the talks about these amazingly elite QBs the Jets are about to face. It's all I hear about from most of these analysts and it's heavily blown out of proportion. I know our secondary isn't the greatest, but it's not like we're facing 6 Peyton Mannings.

1. Aaron Rodgers - yes he's elite, but the team has injuries, most notably on the oline and dline.

2. Jay Cutler - not close to elite. he had 2 picks against the Bills that essentially cost them the game. Most notably the one in the 4th quarter in field goal range. That was a 6 point swing right there because the Bills scored off that turnover as well

3. Stafford - Good but not elite. Calvin Johnson is a monster, though and the team looks pretty good, despite the Giants looking horrible. Hard to call this one but the Lions do look for real this year.

4. Phillip Rivers - Hop off the man's jock already. He had a a pick plus cost the team the game when he missed the snap and took them out of FG range in what could have sealed it for them. 58% completion, 76 passer rating, a fumble and a pick. Let's just say I'm not worried about it. He generally struggles against good defenses, and we fit the bill even with a semi weak secondary.

5. Peyton Manning - Can't argue about this one.

6. Tom Brady - Usually we beat him once a year. He's elite but may be in the decline. 51% completion rate against the phins, 2 lost fumbles and 43.8 QB rating. Puke! Mike Wallace also seemed to have a field day with Revis, but I'm not sure how NE utilized him so I can't say it for sure. Wallace did burn Revis for a TD, though, can't argue that one.

So on that list that's THREE elite QBs at absolute best out of the 6. Can we please kill the talk of this "murderers row" offenses? Every game is it's own event. Any given Sunday. Last year everyone was shitting their britches thinking about the 5 game stretch where we faced Atlanta, Pittsburgh, NE, Cincinnati, and then New Orleans. The Jets went 3-2 during that stretch. We could easily go 4-2 or better.. or we could go 2-4. I guess we'll find out, but I'm not really that nervous. Chances are we go 3-3 through that stretch.

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  20. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It's a combination of these pass happy QBs and the targets they have.

Jay Cutler has Forte, Marhsall, and Jeffrey. I'm still not sure who can cover Marshall let alone Alshon especially if Cutler is just letting them fight for jump balls.

Stafford has Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush ,and Tate.

Rivers was a great passer last year, not sure he can keep it up. He has Allen and still Gates, but less of a worry than the other QBs.

Peyton Manning is Peyton and has Thomas, Sanders, (maybe Welker), and Julias Thomas.

Tom Brady is Tom Brady. Gronk might be playing and Edelman is shifty and gets open well.

The secondary/DL has a huge test in front of them because give these QBs are much better than the rest of the QBs we face.