For having all the reps, Smith looked Horrible. May I ask for Simms yet!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Aug 8, 2014.

1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

It seems you all have a comment, but nothing to say about the truth which I clearly showed you in pictures, so even those with below average intelligence could understand. Yet you just spout on and keep drinking the coolaid like good little fans.

2. milo

milo Well-Known Member

It's not about drinking the Kool-Aid, it's about living in reality. Say it with me now: "Matt Simms will NEVER start for the New York Jets." NEEEEEEVER...

So if you want to watch your team and be fucking miserable because you're indulging a fantasy that has no chance of happening - EVER - then have at it. Simms wouldn't even make the roster this year if Boyd wasn't looking so awful. They know what they have with him by now and it's clearly not enough. To the people who make decisions. And ya know...study football...

#22 milo, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    4jetfans and DemoIsland like this.
  3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

May you ask for Simms? I did not realize the Jets were taking requests?

The Uniform Bomber likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

why simms? vick was the best QB last night

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

oh joy, look what the hairy humanoid like creature dragged in!

6. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

As others have said, Matt Simms is fighting for a spot. He will not start for the New York Jets, he wouldn't start for any team in the NFL. There is a reason he is where he is. I thought Geno looked pretty good, stepped up in the pocket, made some good throws, used his feet well. It was enough for the first preseason game. Matt Simms, ehh, come on, he was playing vs 2nd/3rd team defenses.

7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell if this is not a troll post just because the idea that someone's takeaway from last night's game is that Simms is the best QB we have is just astonishing. Geno looked pretty good honestly. He would have had another long pass to Decker if it weren't for a penalty that had no effect on the play. Geno made pretty much all good decisions, and used his legs very well. He had one questionable pass, and that's it. Vick looked solid as well, making a few plays look easy on his legs, and had a decent day passing the ball. Simms has accuracy issues, and made a seriously questionable decision to not hand the ball off and run with it which failed completely. It's not as if he was utterly terrible, but clearly not in the same league as Geno or Vick.

EDIT: Not to mention his stature and demeanor after making mistakes is not nearly as professional as Geno's or Vick's. The game just doesn't flow as easily for him.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The fact that you are bashing Geno while asking for Simms to become the starter takes away almost all of your credibility. You watched the game last night because you just posted screenshots, but did you watch the whole way through? Simms was horrible.

9. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I bet we can cherry pick bad passes from Simms last night.

10. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

We need to have stricter rules on creating threads... They should get approved before going live.

wa2k99 likes this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

Certainly wouldn't be hard. I saw nothing last night from Simms says he should be on an NFL roster. Hes just lucky that Boyd is so terrible he might actually be the better of the two.

12. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Horrible? Reminds me why I stayed away from this board for a few months.

13. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

WHO did Geno have to throw the ball too last year, So you cant place all the blame on him.

14. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I'm thoroughly disappointed in this board. It's been over twelve hours since this game ended and nobody has started the "Start Taj Boyd" thread yet.

Let me help get you started:

ZOMG!! Boyd is so fast I couldn't even SEE HIM last night. Rex is so fucking stupid! He was so good it was like he wasn't even playing against a defense!!!!

Big Cat likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Hell no if people want to be idiots I'm all for it. I don't want to open that can of worms that you need to be "approved"

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Exactly, Simms is right where he belongs.

Geno looked okay, the most questionable play was the pass he attempted to get rid of that could've been picked off. Outside of that he looked poised and he looked like he had control of the offense. He made some nice throws, and used his legs on a nice run.

Vick was solid and when he was in he was electrifying. He clearly still has something left in the tank.

17. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

I prefer Simms over geno also, but unfortunately that won't be allowed to happen :/ geno IS skittish & has a TERRIBLE throwing motion. I think if given the same amount of reps with the 1st team Simms Will Definitely OUTPLAY geno.
    Why not vick?... because his style of play won't allow him to last the season, he hasn't been able to play a full season due to injuries in years, that's what cost him his job in philly.

ozzieny likes this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

With this post you're basically admitting to knowing nothing about football. I really don't understand how anyone with a set of eyes and a brain can watch what everyone else watch last night, even dating back to last year, and say that Simms deserves a spot on this roster let alone the starting spot.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I watched the entire thing, and again this morning, and I don't think you did. Simms did pretty well last night. Doesn't mean he should start, but let's not make shit up.

LIJetsFan likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

I'm not just talking about the throws he made. I'm talking about the ones he didn't make, his footwork, his pocket presence. All shit. He was bad, there's no two ways about it.