Aaron Hernandez, dont drop the soap

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by dcm1602, Jun 20, 2013.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Hernandez should fight for his signing bonus. Pats were 'duped', but they still got to pay up what they owe. Major circus over there. Those wild and crazy patriots

3. JetsVilma28

4. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Name this New England Patriot defendant convicted of murder: _________________

Aaron Hernandez you might ask? No, no, no.....right team, wrong player.

This particular New England Patriot-turned-murderer not only did the dirty deed but did so in cahoots with the victim's fiance--nice. Sounds like a combination Bill the 'birddog' Belichick and Aaron 'Mr. July' Hernandez.

Ex-NFL linebacker convicted in 1994 murder
    Eric Naposki was accused of plotting William McLaughlin's slaying with the businessman's fiancee. He faces life in prison.

July 15, 2011|By Lauren Williams and Sam Quinones, Los Angeles Times
    A former NFL linebacker was found guilty Thursday of shooting a wealthy Newport Beach businessman to death in a plot to collect on a $1-million life insurance policy.
    Eric Naposki, a onetime linebacker with the New England Patriots was accused of plotting William McLaughlin's murder with the businessman's fiancee, Nanette Ann Packard, in December 1994.
    [​IMG]

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=11215247&city=boston&src=desktop

Why object to reveal everything? If they were deceived and are now fully cooperating, why object to giving all information?

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

8. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

From deadspin.
    http://deadspin.com/aaron-hernandez...d&utm_campaign=Feed:+deadspin/full+(Deadspin)

9. JetsVilma28

#patriotway haha

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

From the comments:

Utah Jazz HandsBarry Petchesky
    Yesterday 3:25pm

Hernandez 6/17/13 (11:35:01 P.M.): I think I messed up bad, coach. What do I say when the media starts asking the tough questions?

Belichick 6/17/13 (11:37:23 P.M.): Odin Lloyd is questionable with an upper body injury. Not another word.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  11. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

Saw that too. I am glad the DA is doing everything it can to expose the circus that is the New England Patriots. I want to see those text messages asap. 33 pages, as noted in the article is A LOT. If Bellicheat had any knowledge of this, then he has to be held accountable for his actions, or lack thereof.

12. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Just heard bellicheat is being subpoena'd for 30 pages worth of texts he sent Hernandez in the three months prior to the murder
    Edit- didn't see this was already posted

#932 74, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  13. 74

74 Well-Known Member

This is all Tebows fault. He couldn't get Hernandez to get with Christ brah.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I guess I should have added an LOL, although I would fucking love to see the real texts between Belicheat and his murdering star TE.

74 likes this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the texts too.
    but really, i don't think they'll be much more than a coach advising his player to get his shit together.
    prosecutors are going to try to establish a behavioral patter, and a coach showing candid concern about Hernandez actions helps establish that.
    It'll show the Patriots weren't entirely 'duped' as they claimed i guess.

16. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Outstanding.

_

17. JetsVilma28

'Duped' lol

Had to know that word would come back to bite. Oh yeah, they were 'duped' alright. #patriotway win no matter the social or moral consequences.

74 likes this.
  18. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Mostly because it will embarrass the Patriots, and Belichick. The information will probably say that they had very serious concerns about his character coming into the draft (including the fact that he was questioned about a shooting when he was a freshman.) There could also be some reports from his years with the Patriots where different members of the medical staff and coaches expressed concerns about his off-the-field life. If that's in there, it also makes them look bad for extending him, and it undermines the perception that they were a victim in all of this and that they were duped by him.

Obviously the Patriots didn't know Hernandez was a killer, but if it comes out that they had these severe worries, it makes them look like people who don't care about what kind of people they bring into the locker room as long as they can play well. It makes them look ruthless, and it undermines their PR argument that they thought The Patriot Way reformed him.

19. Chad9

Chad9 Member

Those are good points and reasons why they wouldn't want to have these released. They've been taking on a whole host of questionable characters because they're too cheap to offer market value (for the "honor" to be a Patriot) and when the top guys generally balk, this is what they're left with.

20. Chad9

Chad9 Member

Yeah, I think that's major BS. That could conceivably lead teams to frame players they no longer want to pay. That's a stretch but it does open that door.