17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

The tickets normally come 2-3 weeks before the first home pre-season game

Brook! likes this.
  2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

When NFL training camps open I always know Christmas isn't far behind. It's practically Thanksgiving already :confused:

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

haven't been here in awhile during the offseason. the jets had their seat upgrade already? why wasn't i informed???

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

17a, the Jets have not forgiven you for starting this thread. Woody never forgets. I missed it to. There was nothing in row 1-4 between the 30's due to price decrease. glad to see you are around.

5. 17a_tailgater

Check your conversation box. I'd pm u but I have no idea how to do that on this site anymore.
    Don't worry though I called the Jets up and complained. Got a sweet kickback from them

6. max

max Active Member

Did any season ticket holders get an email today about how their season tickets would now be paperless and on a single "smart ticket card for every game". I'm not a fan of this. Any thoughts on this and does this apply to all season ticket holders or just 300 level?

7. GordonGecko

Slippery slope man, you're now just one step from "you can't sell or transfer your tickets you have to show up with the card at the gate"

8. max

max Active Member

I don't think that's the case this year. I think you can still transfer/ sell the tickets, who knows what the future holds... Though a bit different, a lot of good seats to concerts now at the garden and other NYC shows are ticketless and non transferable. You need to show up at the door with your whole party, Id and credit card you paid with.

Don't get me wrong, I go to about six of the eight home games of the year, but sometimes you have to miss a game because of something or you just want to recoup a little of your investment and not sit in the cold.

I guess other season ticket holders and I are going to just see how this works out.

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If Jets force people not to transfer their tix, they will probably lose a considerable amount of Season ticket holders. Don't think they will do this.

10. GordonGecko

If you have a PSL then they hold you by the balls and could definitely do it. But chances are they won't. The NBA Wizards started with the card two years ago. They didn't ban transfers but if you print more than X% of of your tickets online instead of using the card they flag you as a broker and strip off all your benefits. There's a lot they can do, including forcing you not to be able to use stubhub and only ticket exchange. This is why you need laws in place to protect ticket holders like in New York State

11. no psls

no psls Banned

Sounds like a mistake to me .

12. 17a_tailgater

Tonight at the season-ticket-holder draft party at MetLife Stadium, fans received handouts introducing Jets Rewards, a new program to recognize our season ticket holders for their loyalty and dedication to the Green & White.

Through activities as simple as attending home games, watching or listening to away games on TV or radio, and participating in non-game Jets events, season ticket holders will earn points which can be redeemed for prizes. Rewards will include unique benefits that only the New York Jets could offer such as behind-the-scenes access and VIP treatment in addition to a wide range of merchandise.

All season ticket holders will be automatically enrolled in the program at no cost and will be able to manage their accounts through a Jets Rewards Online Portal, which will launch this summer. This will also be where fans will exchange their points for prizes.

As part of this program and in the continued effort for the Green & White to go green, all season tickets will be replaced with a paperless wallet-sized smart access card.

Don’t worry: Electronic transfer and sale will not be affected. Once a ticket is transferred or sold, the original will be immediately invalidated for that game. Printing tickets at home or sending them to mobile devices will still be options, and if you lose your card, we will replace it. Additionally, commemorative tickets will be available at the Jets Shop on gamedays.

More information on Jets Rewards will be announced in the coming weeks and season ticket holders should expect to receive additional details in July. The program will be fully active for the first preseason game on August 7. Meanwhile, please direct all questions to your account representative.

13. 17a_tailgater

Additionally, commemorative tickets will be available at the Jets Shop on gamedays.

is that an extra charge? pay psl, pay ticket price THEN pay for an actual "commemorative stub"?

14. GordonGecko

"Last season the Jets filled MetLife Stadium to only 92.5% of capacity, 26th lowest out of the league's 32 teams."

15. GordonGecko

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi GG

It says offer code incorrect.

Edit: It works now. All good. Thanks

17. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

Yep. Part of the value of a ticket is the right to re-sell it, take that away, and it's now riskier (because you run the risk of eating a ticket or two if you get sick or whatever, instead of being able to sell them.) The Jets prefer a full stadium so I'm sure they won't block reselling.

18. no psls

no psls Banned

The new 'MAGIC CARD' is a clusterf-ck waiting to happen .

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

they will be looking to see how this works and how to squeeze places like stub hub out of it. they will eventually get there. and people will say oh wow its so much easier with the little credit card thingy. i wish they would put the parking passes on it too. bunch of tools.

i really cant stand these fucking people with their constant fucking greedy money grabs. its sickening. i dont need every game and i would never keep every game but ill tell you this if the jets won the superbowl it sure would be nice to have the season tickets. instead you get a best buy gift card that says jets on it.

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

This !