Too soon to call Hill a bust

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Turbocharged23, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg?

Four, calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Dude's a bust.

Jets69 likes this.
  2. Jets Esq.

Jets Esq. Guest

I've been pretty down on Hill, but I do hope that he can improve and be the guy we hoped he'd be.

I wouldn't guarantee him a roster spot, but after thinking about it more, I wouldn't write him off either. He has a lot of potential, to go along with his large bust potential and injury potential.

3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

If you call his tail a leg, he has 5 legs, regardless of whether you agree with calling it that.. unless of course the dog is already missing a leg.

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

5. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

If you really believe that call yourself the President of the United States and walk into the White House.

Sec124DieHard likes this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hill's problem is that he's not particularly smooth as a WR. Nothing seems to come naturally to him. That argues that general coordination is what he should be working on, trying to become more adept at doing the things that most WR's do without thinking about it.

The odds against him are long at this point but when you're 6'4" and run a sub-4.4 40 there's always the hope that you'll finally get your feet on the ground and make a move.

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

It is too soon, hell we kept fuckface at QB for 5 years. At least give Hill this year to prove he can contribute.

Jake likes this.
  8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

He can definitely be considered a bust... so far anyway.

That said, I don't see any way they wouldn't give him a fair shot in camp to prove otherwise. It's in the team's best interest.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It is never too early to call someone a bust.
    am I right Jetsfan?

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

So if he gets to Canton and they make his bust would it be an original or a bust of a bust?

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He really hasn't done anything impressive so far. This is his last chance to prove he belongs or the team will have to move on from Hill just like they moved on from Ducasse and Gholston.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I know I'm an optimist when it comes to the Jets, but I have a strong feeling that Hill is going to become a force to reckon with this year. I truly believe that his performance last year was not as dismal as people tend to depict and he showed me some toughness.
    I'm hoping for him to succeed on this team....I do not want another busted high draft choice. He has the physical tools to succeed. The question is does it have the football knack to become a winner. Will soon see.

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

And if he were hung like a donkey he'd have 6 legs at which point he'd be an insect.

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The only issue I have with fans calling Hill a bust is they took so long to do it.

On Hills first day of training camp in the NFL I reported to TGG that Mr Hill was a bust. Saw it with my own eyes. It can not be unseen.

jilozzo likes this.
  15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

You don't know anything. Shut the hell up.

16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Ooooops ... Wrong thread

17. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would hardly call myself an optimist, but again I can't label Hill a bust yet. He's been hindered by injuries at bad times and poor Qb play. this will be the first camp he will be playing under the same system as last year.

We'll know in a few weeks whether he can put his past problems behind him, assuming the Jets don't stick with Smith if Smith shows no improvement.

18. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Typically WR make huge progressions in their game in year 3. While he has shown flashes in the year past, he's been hampered by injuries and playing small. If he can be more aggressive and stay healthy this year hopefully we can get a good season out of him.

19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I see people say this sort of thing all of the time but where is the evidence to support it? I look at the top 10 receivers by receptions in 2013 and only Dez Bryant seems to fit what people claim typically happens. Demaryius Thomas does as well but that correlates more with Peyton Manning arriving than anything else IMO. Hill hasn't been nearly as good as Dez was in his first 2 years either.

Let's see an active example of a guy who sucked like Hill and then suddenly had the lights turn on in year 3. If it's so typical it should be easy to give an example or three.

20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

roddy white