-The New York Knicks 2013-2014 Season Thread-

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Sep 7, 2013.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

First time in Woodson's HC career the record didn't improve from last year. We couldn't even hit the wall he consistently hit in Atlanta. I guess it was doomed the second they traded for Bargnani.

There's going to be an extra 5 million in cap room next year which opens up Chicago and HOU as more likely destinations for Melo.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeah regardless though the team underachived. Imagine if they had put together a campaign like they did last year? Last years Knicks would be capable of winning the East.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/farewell-woody-the-knicks-clean-house/

Mike Woodson had no chance of returning as Knicks coach once James Dolan shelled out that sweet, sweet Cablevision money for Phil Jackson. Woodson has a reputation as a defense-first guy, but with the exception of the mini-season he coached after Mike D’Antoni’s semi-firing, the Knicks were somewhere between below average and unwatchable on defense under Woodson.

And in a bit of Knicks history everyone seems to forget, D’Antoni already had those 2011-12 Knicks working as a borderline top-10 defense before New York let him walk.

The Knicks ranked 24th in points allowed per possession this season. Every team below them was either tanking on purpose (Utah, Philadelphia); tanking by accident (the Lakers and Bucks); incompetent enough defensively that they tanked the end of the season to make sure they kept their draft pick (Detroit); or decimated by injuries (New Orleans). The Knicks were basically the worst defensive team among NBA teams that were trying to win NBA basketball games.

4. displacedfan

^ The telling quote that I think every Knicks fan has repeated in this thread

"It wasn’t all bad for Woody in New York. He made the correct decision in 2012-13 to slot Carmelo Anthony at power forward, spread the floor with shooting, and whip the ball around for a record number of 3-point attempts. Those Knicks were an elite offense, and Woodson smartly turned Anthony’s isolation tendencies into a vehicle for unselfish play.

It’s clear now that style was an accident Woodson discovered amid Stoudemire’s endless health issues."

Emphasis mine

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Knicks or Nets. Doesn't matter for me. I want to see one of the two teams play in the finals and bring home the title. I envy Boston. Since I moved to USA in 2004, they won 3 baseballs championships, 1 NBA, 1 NHL and 1 NFL championships. Tired of seeing Boston teams bringing home a cup almost every year or every other year.

6. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Tommy Dee @_TommyDee_ · 4h

As discussed in great length dating back several weeks Steve Kerr will be the next coach of the #knicks. It is a done deal.

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

imagine if he said no, jackson would be up the creek without a paddle

so this is going to be interesting, I guess Kerr is going to move into Phil's beachhouse for the summer and learn how he's supposed to coach

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Meh, Scott Brooks, Jason Kidd and others didnt know how to coach. Kerr wasnt groomed to be a GM either.

He will have Phil and probably a experienced asst bench to help him out

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Kerr will be mentored by Phil like spolstra was by Riley

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Yahoo sports reporting Derek fisher has accepted the New York Knicks job. And frank isola

12. GordonGecko

fisher gonna be any good?

13. dawinner127

Not really sure how I feel about this. He does have a very high basketball IQ. Kidd seemed to have figured it out as the season went on so hopefully fisher turns out to be a good signing for us

Royal Tee likes this.
  14. dawinner127

5 year 25 mil

15. GordonGecko

that's stupid money for a noob

16. displacedfan

I don't know about X's and O's and strategy and what not with Fisher, but he knows how to control players, relate to players, and lead players. He's been part of some great players and some clashing personalities. So that's the good part. He's also been part of the game recently so is up to date on how offenses and defenses are shifting from the more traditional style of play.

I guess he will lean on Phil heavily for strategy and what not to start, but he will have his own voice in the locker room.

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Lovely. Now we just need a big 3 LOL.

18. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Who called Derek Fisher being the next knicks head coach? oh wait....

JStokes - 1
    tgg - 0

_

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I think we may have the most rings between management and front office. That must count for something, right? :D

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I like this signing. Great chemistry between Fisher and Jackson. Now to pursue much needed free agents and resign Carmelo.