Introducing myself! Jets Writer and Fan

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Adam Zielonka, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Zielonka

Adam Zielonka New Member

Hello, forum! My name is Adam Zielonka. I've been a Jets fan all my life, and I'm also an aspiring sportswriter. A great up-and-coming website called xxxxxx has given me the opportunity to write about the Jets for them. I'm still a newbie without the requirements for posting links, so for now just go to xxxxxxx and search my name to find the articles. You can also go to the Jets' team page there.

Would it be better for me to keep all my articles confined to one thread on here? Spread them out? Make a thread somewhere specific? Let me know, and thanks for checking out my work!

#1 Adam Zielonka, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

That's up to the mods. But post your work here. If it's good I'm willing to check your stuff out.

3. Adam Zielonka

Adam Zielonka New Member

Thanks, 1985er! Tell me what you think! When I'm given the ability to post links on here, I will.

I should mention that xxxx assigns its writers a topic weekly, and I have to use that topic as one of my minimum two articles each week. My newest article concerns which rookies will make the team, which I understand is hard to decide in May. A few weeks ago the NFL writers' assignment was to write a draft report card for their respective teams, which I'm thoroughly against doing right after the draft. So I graded the 2011 draft instead and they liked that.

#3 Adam Zielonka, May 27, 2014
  4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Welcome aboard. If you want to learn what not to do in Jets journalism, then follow Manish Mehta. Not that anyone has time for that! Good luck with your articles.

JETS1116 and Red Menace like this.
  5. Adam Zielonka

Adam Zielonka New Member

Thanks for the reply xxedge72x! Thanks for the heads up xD I like to read basically any beat writer that's not Manish. Kimberly A. Martin of Newsday has become my favorite.

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'm not entirely sure what we allow and what we don't allow but I'm quite sure self promotion isn't allowed. I'm gonna leave this open for now only because I'm not 100% sure of the policy but don't be surprised if this thread is closed and deleted but please continue to post your opinions and thoughts on the team if it does get closed.

7. Adam Zielonka

Adam Zielonka New Member

Thank you for the heads up, Barry! I understand there's a blurry line when it comes to advertising yourself on forums like this, and I'd be lying if I said my joining here wasn't at least in part for showing more people my work. I know when I joined my website, they encouraged sharing my work on fan forums, but if the forum rules won't allow it, so be it!

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

For now I'm going to edit out the name of your site until I know for sure what is allowed and what's not.

9. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We normally don't allow people to promote their own websites, and if it becomes obvious that this person is simply trying to drive traffic to his site, I'll shut it down. Since it's the offseason, and there's so little new content being generated at this point, I'm okay to let it slide for now

10. Adam Zielonka

Adam Zielonka New Member

Sounds good, and thank you! It is a virtual internship I'm doing with them with an indefinite time frame, so I might even be done writing for their site by the regular season. I'll have to see.

11. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board Adam. I just read your analysis of the offensive players likely to make the 53-man roster and enjoyed it. Solid, crisp writing. Could I ask if you get paid for writing at xxxx? It's a bit of a personal crusade of mine, but I hate that so many sites take advantage of aspiring writers by asking them to write for free. A little off-topic there, I know, but as a fellow writer I believe that if something is good enough to be published, it's good enough to be paid for!

Good luck with your career and I hope you enjoy yourself on TGG.

#11 ukjetsfan, May 27, 2014
  12. Adam Zielonka

Adam Zielonka New Member

Thank you for the kind reply, ukjetsfan! My internship with the website is unpaid. I've come to terms with the fact that many journalism interns are unpaid, at least when starting out. I'm focused on building my resume for now, and I know the time will come when this experience helps me land a bigger internship, with pay, before I graduate college.

I understand the concern that websites take advantage of writers by having them write for free, but I could just as easily have chosen not to write for them. I would absolutely prefer to get paid, of course, but I also wanted to be published, and someone else would have stepped up and taken the position for free if I hadn't. It's just for now!

13. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Now you tell me. I've been searching www.xxxxxxx.com and you can't believe what I'm finding.

It ain't football.

_

14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

This just made my day.

15. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

ROTFL!!!

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

c'mon stokes, you are going to pretend it wasn't in your favorites?

17. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Not THAT many x's.

_

FJF likes this.
  18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you Adam, and welcome to TGG. I'll be looking forward to you comments and insight.

#18 Footballgod214, May 27, 2014
  19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

What grade would you give the 2009 draft?

#19 TNJet, May 27, 2014
  20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

It looks to me that this is just an attempt to drive traffic to the site that employs the author of this thread. That site is not getting many visitors, if any at all, as there are no article comments or fb likes. If the author wants to add to the discussion here, he's more than welcome to do so. But this thread looks like a self-promotion and that's why I am going to close it.

Big Blocker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.